Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!! - Page 254 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #3796
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
WHAAAAAAAT???

I don't even...
Not literally. He's just not thrilled with my fandom, he finds it weird and annoying that a 27 yo girl would be a diehard fan of a headcase like Ana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
It was a joke. I couldn't even read your post after the first sentence... I will really stop posting in Anapolis. Always some weird drama here.
Advertisement

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #3797
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
It was a joke. I couldn't even read your post after the first sentence...
i know it was a joke and it was a stupid joke since nobody here was going to understand the context apart from me and i'm really tired of it. and it has nothing to do with anapolis.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3798
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on people! Lets share some love...

Lets sing together!

Love lifts us up where we beloooooong! Where eagles fly! On the mountains high! lalalala

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3799
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

i am not mad at anyone or looking for a fight. surely i am allowed to say i'm tired of something.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3800
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Probably my fave song from 2nd Law

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #3801
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid View Post
Probably my fave song from 2nd Law

It's so hard to pick a fave, but right now I probably have to go with Animals
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #3802
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Ok.. let me make a summary of the whole story. You got it right actually, but you need to know how things happened.

Ana was a top tennis player, who had a 1 day stand with this guy Rodrigo, and got pregnant. He wanted to have a relationship with her, but when her mother saw them together, she cut the relationship short saying it couldn't be good for her career and Ana just broke up with him. Like.. after literally 1 day. But... Ana got pregnant after that 1 time. Ana's mother went bananas over the pregnancy, saying it would ruin her career completely. Ana's mother clearly never heard of Kim Clijsters. She wanted Ana to abort, but Ana decided not to.. so she ended up convincing Ana to give the baby away for adoption, and go to some remote place saying she had this bad tennis elbow injury, so her sponsor wouldn't break the contract because of the pregnancy. Ana agreed. All this time, Ana's sister Manu was trying to convince Ana of just being honest, telling Rodrigo she was pregnant and having the baby. But Ana did all her mom would tell her to do. The same mom couldn't care less about Manu, and often threated her as she didn't exist. Manu and Ana were best friends though.. and certainly there was nobody in the world that Manu worshipped more. Ana did all her mom told her to do, but when she had the baby she decided she couldn't give her up for adoption. Her mom went crazy and registered the baby as her own daughter. They went back, and Manu finally convinced Ana to do the right thing and go look for Rodrigo to tell him he had a daughter. They talked and Ana told Rodrigo to meet her the next day on her grandma's house, in another city. So Ana decided to leave to her grandma's house overnight to avoid any confrontation with her mother. Manu only wanted to go in the morning, but accepted. Ana, Manu and baby Julia took the car at night and had this terrible accident. Ana got into a coma, while Manu and Julia had injuries but recovered. Doctors told all of them that Ana could be in that state forever. Ana's mom Eva then blamed Manu for the accident, kicked her and the baby out of the house. Manu went to live with her grandma and then decided she had to tell Rodrigo the truth and told him he was Julia's father. He decided to take care of the baby, but then his own father kicked him out of the house. He had no way with the baby and kept calling Manu for help... he also had no job and no house.. then Manu's grandma had the idea of inviting him to stay with them, so Manu and Rodrigo could take turns taking care of the baby, and would be able to work and still finish college. They started to raise the girl together, opened up a business together, so they could work and still be around the baby. After about 3 years like this, they started to fall in love.. and then they got married. Baby Julia started calling Manu mom, as she was the only mother figure she had. Another 3 years went by, and around Julia's 6th birthday Ana woke up. Scroll to minute 3:00 of this scene: http://tvg.globo.com/novelas/a-vida-...?mais_vistos=1 Manu wrote Ana a blog with everything that was happening those years so she could see Julia growing up if she ever woke up. When that happened, Manu felt terribly guilty for having married her sister's former love, and Rodrigo felt like a part of his past that never had a real ending was coming back. Julia couldn't really call Ana mom, even though Manu would take her to see Ana every week during all that time and explained who her mom really was. So the 3 of them were incredibly awkward around each other until Manu confronted both of them separately, saying she wanted to know the truth, wanted to know if they still had feelings for each other. Both denied. And then that scene happened.. Manu decided to go work in another city, and stay with Julia during weekends only. She was really hurt by them lying to her and got really bitter at one point, but ended up being sort of apart from the little girl, which is what Ana acused her of. Rodrigo and Ana tried to have a relationship, but they were never really happy... and Julia didn't take it well. So Ana dumped Rodrigo saying she couldn't be with him considering Julia's resistence. She went on to get engaged to Lucio, a doctor who helped in her recovery. And then that argument scene took place. Manu acused Ana of running away, of destroying her relationship with Rodrigo for nothing and of toying with poor Lucio, while Ana acused Manu of stealing the life she was supposed to have (marrying Rodrigo, raising Julia, building the house together). After the discussion with Manu Ana went bananas, blaming herself for never knowing what she really wanted and never really going after what she truly believed in. Julia got sick, and that united the 3 of them again. Manu donated her a part of her liver, and Julia survived. Manu and Ana made up. Ana and Rodrigo broke up for good. Ana married Lucio, and Rodrigo went back to Manu. The end.
I just stumbled upon this video on youtube.. its like a bit of a video summary of the novela.. Its a bit too focused on Ana and Rodrigo (5 mins scenes of the 1st episode) for what was really important in the story (main relationship portrayed was Ana and Manu), but I guess the point of the video was telling the story through their perspective... so it misses some key scenes (Julia's strong bond with Manu, Manu and Ana's fight, Ana finding out about Manu and Rodrigo, Eva throwing Manu and Julia out of the house).. but overall its such a well done video.. there are some really talented and creative people around the internet. Took 6 months of complex scenes and told the story in a 15 mins short movie. I also love the instrumental song used...

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #3803
country flag gaviotabr

Yesterday I had a night class at university... when I got there, my class was almost empty.. there were 2 people.. actually the whole place was sort of empty. I was like.. is this a holiday that I don't know about? Professor comes in and asks.. where is everybody? I'm not going to give a lecture to 3 people.

It seems everybody left to watch the last episode of "Avenida Brasil", a 21h novela. All people talked about was that... It was even topic of reports on international press.. Why do brazilians like novelas SO much?

http://www.boston.com/news/world/lat...ovM/story.html

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3804
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Yesterday I had a night class at university... when I got there, my class was almost empty.. there were 2 people.. actually the whole place was sort of empty. I was like.. is this a holiday that I don't know about? Professor comes in and asks.. where is everybody? I'm not going to give a lecture to 3 people.

It seems everybody left to watch the last episode of "Avenida Brasil", a 21h novela. All people talked about was that... It was even topic of reports on international press.. Why do brazilians like novelas SO much?

Even Forbes is writting articles about it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anderson...viewers-lives/

Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #3805
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all! I've been an Ana stan since AO 2008 and TF member for almost 2 years but I've never posted here for some reaosn. My name's Griffin and I just wanted to say hey.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #3806
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Hey all! I've been an Ana stan since AO 2008 and TF member for almost 2 years but I've never posted here for some reaosn. My name's Griffin and I just wanted to say hey.
Hey! Welcome!

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #3807
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Welcome

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #3808
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I had no idea novelas were so big in Brazil. Something about such novelas must just "gel" with the average Brazilian psyche. Is that particular class full of a lot of girls for some reason? Were the guys also going to watch the novela? I find it hard to imagine guys being drawn to such things, but then it might be different in Brazil. Soap operas are popular with many girls and women in all countries though, as far as I know.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #3809
country flag fANAtic

fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold fANAtic is a splendid one to behold

I thought South American telenovelas were the worst TV program in history, but after seeing the effect of Turkish shows on Serbia, I can only say: Esmeralda, Jose, Kassandra... PLEASE COME BACK!!!
fANAtic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #3810
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm totally out of it when it comes to these South American shows. I don't recognise those names at all . The only Esmeralda I've heard of is from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
HowardH is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread