Articles and Interviews - Page 178 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #2656
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Q. I have two questions. The first one is in this year, are you going to participate in the Sofia tournament? Second, for next‑round opponent, how are you going to try to prepare for next round and what's your evaluation for her?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, first of all, I don't know if I'm going to play in Sofia, depending if I make it to Istanbul or not. If I don't make it to Istanbul, then I will play in Sofia. But if I make it to Istanbul, I will not play there. It all depends. Right now I don't know.
I haven't really thought about my next opponent yet. We will have to wait and see until tomorrow. Right now I'm just happy I went through and won my first match, which was quite a struggle.
I'm glad that this was addressed but I'm still not clear on if she is playing Sofia or not. Barring a rash of injuries/withdrawals there is virtually no way she is qualifying for the YEC but she could sneak in as an alternate. If she is an alternate does that mean she won't play Sofia?
Quote:
Q. I think it's fair to say you slipped down in the rankings a bit recently. You seem to be enjoying some form in Asia. Is there something you particularly like about playing out here?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: To be honest, I had a few injuries here and there throughout the year, and, you know, I'm just happy to be healthy and just being able to play and compete 100%.
You know, tennis is a tough sport for the body, and it's tough to play all year great. You know, I have had a lot of years now where I have been playing in the top of the game all the time. You know, all the focus is on you and all the pressure. Sometimes you just ‑‑you have a few months where you maybe don't play that well, but, you know, I feel like I'm getting back there and feel like I'm starting to hit the ball much better now.
ear already.
Yes, I realise this is one of her scripted answers where she is trying to put a positive spin on her decline but this answer is BS. Virtually every player suffers minor injuries over the course of a year, that is nothing unique to Caroline. It has been much more than just "a few months where you maybe don't play that well," it's over a year. I hope that she doesn't really believe what she is saying. If she can't admit and identify the real reasons for her decline how is she ever going to fix the problem and get better?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #2657
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post

Yes, I realise this is one of her scripted answers where she is trying to put a positive spin on her decline but this answer is BS. ...?
That wasnt bad. There's nothing she can say that makes the last 12 months okay..
Either she will cycle back to the top, like Sharapova, or not, like Jankovic, Ivanovic.

It doesnt matter how she answers that. 2012 will either be a blip on the screen; or the beginning of the end.
And that all rests on Caroline. Not coaches or style of play. The player has to figure out to win the match. And she used to win the most matches on tour
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #2658
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

It feels like depression, reading some of the comments. Of course I'd rather see her winning, but I still enjoyed the match against Angie. She was playing in a positive way, which I have to say I like and it woos good for the future, or so I think.
poulao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #2659
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

While we are a bit depressed we can enjoy her succes as designer. Here is a little article about that:

http://www.thetennisspace.com/five-t...kis-underwear/

And - well I think she'll have a good 2013 in many ways, and she's an adorable chick worth to follow - so cheer up Caro fans it's not that bad.

A little about Rorys nearly miss - fun actually:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...ne-Wozniacki/:)

Completing a little about what goes on around Caroline - here is an article (in Danish) about an event Monday where a plane from Türkish Airways will land in Billund Denmark with a scale model of one of their planes built in LEGO bricks. This plane is going to be placed in LEGOLANDS airport and Caroline is handing over the plane to the LEGOLAND park.

http://www.check-in.dk/newselement.c...rticleID=68228

Last edited by Hoergren : Oct 6th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #2660
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post

Completing a little about what goes on around Caroline - here is an article (in Danish) about an event Monday where a plane from Türkish Airways will land in Billund Denmark with a scale model of one of their planes built in LEGO bricks. This plane is going to be placed in LEGOLANDS airport and Caroline is handing over the plane to the LEGOLAND park.

http://www.check-in.dk/newselement.c...rticleID=68228

cool, thanks for the info!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #2661
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki Targets Moscow Win
http://en.ria.ru/sports/20121008/176484338.html

8/10/2012 Interview with Caroline Wozniacki
http://translate.google.com/translat...tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #2662
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good target. It's been ages since she won a Premier title!
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2663
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

First time I know that Caroline admits that she's not happy with her 2012 results.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #2664
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
That's a good target. It's been ages since she won a Premier title!
1 year, 1 month, 1 week and 4 days as of today. ... but who's counting

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #2665
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
1 year, 1 month, 1 week and 4 days as of today. ... but who's counting
You are... And it's incredibly boring.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #2666
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

First post in two weeks and immediately attacking another member..classic

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #2667
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
You are... And it's incredibly boring.
All I can say is 'WOW' ... Are you complete devoid of a humorous gen?

Jesus Christ man.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #2668
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
First post in two weeks and immediately attacking another member..classic
Sorry fudmeister, I won't be hanging around to indulge you in one of your long drawn out episodes. Bullshit away to your hearts content...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
All I can say is 'WOW' ... Are you complete devoid of a humorous gen?

Jesus Christ man.
Humour requires wit. Wit is not the same as taking pleasure in listening to your own endless whinging about a third party, and banging irrelevant derogatory comments with Fudmeister.

Let's see..

Off topic thread giggles & Slag off Caro...

I see why you're here but It sure as hell isn't humour.

Bye.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2669
country flag CWTennis

Tennis Has Nothing To Compare To The Ryder Cup Says Caroline Wozinacki.
http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2012/1...ine-wozinacki/
Quote:
She said her next event is in Moscow – the $750,000 Kremlin Cup commencing on October 15th while she is already looking ahead to next January’s Australian Open in Melbourne, and instead of contesting the APIA International in Sydney, as she did this year, the Dane is considering competing instead in the Brisbane International which is two week’s prior the first Grand Slam event of the New Year.

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #2670
country flag CWTennis

Caroline Wozniacki: ‘Finally I don’t have any injuries’
http://kremlincup.ru/db/news/2459

Kremlin Cup 2012 Press Conference
http://translate.google.com/translat...tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

Quote:
- Your collaboration with Ricardo Sanchez came short. Do you plan to hire another coach, or will continue to work with his father?
- I like to work with his father. I have always worked only with him and we have a great partnership. I will continue to work with him as long as he wants. Yes, maybe we will add to our team of some experts, but mostly it will always be a father.