YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title. - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #46
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: WTA Championships 2012 iStanbul Mission: Win the title by not facing Rena/Vika

I am so sorry but I wouldn't blame Hogstedt... In my opinon he actually brought some freshness into her mental state... She was stagnating in 2010. I am glad she has a coach like Thomas, he believes in her endlessly. And goes through everything with her. And is prepared to work with her.
She is better on clay, yes, but all in all she seems kind of fragile to me, still... And I have a feeling she can fall appart any time. Like a house of cards. 2012 has been one of her best years, if not best... Azarenka has improved dramatically, Serena will always be an unclimbable mountain for her... And this year next to Serena and Vichka is Maria... Unfortunately she has become a mental-midget against Vichka.. Due to Vichka's improved movement, mentality, fitness (read game) and due to herself (her mindset since AO).
Maria will never be the old player she was... And this I think is actually close to the maximum she can give..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechijo View Post
So true! Moreover, there's no net game. She doesn't attack the net anymore. She just plants her feet on the baseline and stays there. One more thing: after every serve she lands two metres inside the baseline.. how can you possibly hit Vika's deep ROS back if it always gets past you?
100 coaches cannot help you if you are not willing / don't know how to do it. She practices net game, yet she never plays it in matches and when she does she fails... There is a part of Maria's mind also involved in it. I think she is too insecure to attack the net. In the past, when she was full of confidence, like that AO 2008, she did it great. But then again, she is bad at moving forward-backward, and there are a lot of great defenders now..
And yes, well, that is Vichka's specialty against Maria, taking the ball early and deep, not giving her any time at all to react. Maria won't change her landing because of Vichka now, and Maria's reaction time is longer than Vichka's... Serena outpowers/outserves Vichka, Maria can't... So she will always be in the loosing position... Unless Vichka becomes a mental midget again, like she was in the past..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Maybe not in time for the YEC, but I believe Kvitova will be back to top 3 form soon. And that will be another huge problem for Maria in 2013 and beyond, to go along with her mental blocks with Serena and Vika.
Honestly? I think, too, that sooner or later Petra will rise up again... I do not want to sound pessimistic, but I do expect an improvement to Petra, she will overcome her growing pains... While Maria... Well she is not younger day by day... + her game does not have varitey, never did in full and it won't have... Changing it now would ruin her confidence... We will see how long she'll be able to keep it up. I am a bit afraid for 2013...
So I think I should cherish what I get from her this year, despite her constantly loosing to Vichka.

Last edited by MM_1257 : Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
MM_1257 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #47
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA Championships 2012 iStanbul Mission: Win the title by not facing Rena/Vika

Will Serena be a true vulture and just swoop in and take this title after sitting on her couch since the US Open, while the other ladies were playing their guts out in Asia?

I hate to think so, but whatever Serena wants, Serena gets. And I honestly can't see this championship final being between anyone other than Serena and Vika. They've been light years ahead of everyone this season. I can hope for a Maria miracle of her at least getting to the title match. I'll still be nervous and rooting for her to the bitter end. But, then again, do I really want to experience ANOTHER finals loss in 2012? In a sick way, it would be an appropriate finish to Maria's year.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #48
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Will Serena be a true vulture and just swoop in and take this title after sitting on her couch since the US Open, while the other ladies were playing their guts out in Asia?

I hate to think so, but whatever Serena wants, Serena gets. And I honestly can't see this championship final being between anyone other than Serena and Vika. They've been light years ahead of everyone this season. I can hope for a Maria miracle of her at least getting to the title match. I'll still be nervous and rooting for her to the bitter end. But, then again, do I really want to experience ANOTHER finals loss in 2012? In a sick way, it would be an appropriate finish to Maria's year.
Yes,but I'd like to think it won't be that way for too much longer. Surely somewhere along the line Kvitova or Azarenka can turn that 7-6,6-3 loss into a 7-6,6-3 win
ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #49
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
I am so sorry but I wouldn't blame Hogstedt... In my opinon he actually brought some freshness into her mental state... She was stagnating in 2010. I am glad she has a coach like Thomas, he believes in her endlessly. And goes through everything with her. And is prepared to work with her.
She is better on clay, yes, but all in all she seems kind of fragile to me, still... And I have a feeling she can fall appart any time. Like a house of cards. 2012 has been one of her best years, if not best... Azarenka has improved dramatically, Serena will always be an unclimbable mountain for her... And this year next to Serena and Vichka is Maria... Unfortunately she has become a mental-midget against Vichka.. Due to Vichka's improved movement, mentality, fitness (read game) and due to herself (her mindset since AO).
Maria will never be the old player she was... And this I think is actually close to the maximum she can give..

100 coaches cannot help you if you are not willing / don't know how to do it. She practices net game, yet she never plays it in matches and when she does she fails... There is a part of Maria's mind also involved in it. I think she is too insecure to attack the net. In the past, when she was full of confidence, like that AO 2008, she did it great. But then again, she is bad at moving forward-backward, and there are a lot of great defenders now..
And yes, well, that is Vichka's specialty against Maria, taking the ball early and deep, not giving her any time at all to react. Maria won't change her landing because of Vichka now, and Maria's reaction time is longer than Vichka's... Serena outpowers/outserves Vichka, Maria can't... So she will always be in the loosing position... Unless Vichka becomes a mental midget again, like she was in the past..

Honestly? I think, too, that sooner or later Petra will rise up again... I do not want to sound pessimistic, but I do expect an improvement to Petra, she will overcome her growing pains... While Maria... Well she is not younger day by day... + her game does not have varitey, never did in full and it won't have... Changing it now would ruin her confidence... We will see how long she'll be able to keep it up. I am a bit afraid for 2013...
So I think I should cherish what I get from her this year, despite her constantly loosing to Vichka.
There is a lot of truth in this but the blockage to me seems to be on HC and solely on HC even in US when she took the lead, had game points to go 2-0 in the second set she blew them away and then she only won 1 game in that second set.
Maria doesn't seem to believe in her chances on HC anymore and that sucks but after all those finals lost on HC it's obvious that her mind is quite fucked up. There are just too many losses in finals on HC this year its beyond pathetic.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #50
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
I know, but I said 'at least'

Please play like it's YEC 07 all over again She used to do so well here since 04 to 07, bar last year! It's about time
IKR. but look at the USO 2012, wasn´t in SF from 2006, so hopefully she will do the same in Istanbul

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #51
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YEC 2012 iStanbul Mission: Beat Vika and Serena on the way to the title.

What's up with all the moaning about the thread title. I wrote that in a moment of anger Changed it now .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #52
country flag sfan

sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice sfan is just really nice

I want her to thrash them so bad

Roland Garros 2012 -

Maria Sharapova - Champion
Serena Williams - Kicked out in R1
sfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #53
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

the new title reminds me of the Beijing one
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #54
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfan View Post
I want her to thrash them so bad
and i want you to shut up in GM...please
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #55
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Хлоэ View Post
and i want you to shut up in GM...please
+1.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #56
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Maria needs to serve well when faces Serena and Azarenka
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #57
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, I liked the previous title better.
It was more realistic.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #58
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I just hope Maria plays a good tournament and is able to give all she's got to win it. It is her last chance to win a HC tournament in 2012 (she always won at least one each year since 2003) and to finish the year at n. 1. She will need her best game and a bit of luck.

All the best, Maria!
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #59
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
Btw, I liked the previous title better.
It was more realistic.
I think the title would be Incredible year, No pressure Let's go Pova or something like that
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #60
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Get RADWANSKA in Maria's group or else....
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote