Peak Venus would destroy Peak Serenka in straight sets - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #31
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Venus would destroy Peak Serenka in straight sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post
Thats crazy to say If you took two weeks at the end of may and beginning of June away Justine would only have 3 majors, If you took two weeks away at the end of August and September Kim would only have 1 major so please let that go about Venus and her domination of Wimbeldon. To have mediocore results all season but turn it on for two weeks (with even less playing time on a surface than other players because she doesn't play warm ups) took great confidence and self belief.

Hello Sharapova Wimbledon '05 & '07.

No one ever gave Sharapova a beating that bad playing at level as high as she was playing in '05.

Dementieva Stanford '09,

Heck Henin Aussie '03,

Safina Wimbledon '09

Venus always had some lapse of focus in her matches her entire career tho. Heck didn't she beat Henin, Seles, and Capriati all in a 24hour span at New Haven one time.

And has anyone passed her 35 match winning streak since 2000. Nope its been 12 years and no player has had a winning streak that long since. Not Kim, Not Serena, Not Henin, Not Sharapova, not Vika.

And even had she only stayed at four slams she would still be tied in Slam count with Kim and Sharapova!
What I am hearing is....in Venus' long and illustrious career, she has only had 5 matches where she was at her peak.......3 of the 5 was at Wimbledon on grass. Did I pick up what you were putting down?
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #32
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

She wouldn't beat her nor destroy her. Serena has one thing going for her that makes her the better player:

1. She mentally stronger and hates losing

Venus hits the ball shot for shot harder, has a faster first serve, is better at the net, and has better footwork.

Serena has better placement and variety on BOTH first and second serve, isnt as erratic as Venus, although she doesn't hit the ball harder shot-for-shot she is way more explosive, Serena defends better, and Serena has more variety in her game. Serena incorporates topspin, especially on the forehand side and makes better use of angles. Serena doesn't double fault, while you can count on free points from Venus. Venus is one dimentional and when her game is off she's too stubborn to make the proper adjustments. Serena is better able to figure things out.

Both playing at their respective bests results in Serena winning 8/10 times IMO.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #33
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
The closest we've seen the two at their best was at 2008 at Wimbledon, and we all know how that ended

Venus would dismantle Serenka with her backhand down the line, drive/swinging volleys, and all court play.

Serena would remain hopeless.

Does anyone else agree? (I know Virginie does )
I didn't quite catch wha...

I think we understand each other now.
Yep...ahhh....huh...
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer

Last edited by RVD : Oct 9th, 2012 at 04:19 AM.
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #34
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
She wouldn't beat her nor destroy her. Serena has one thing going for her that makes her the better player:

1. She mentally stronger and hates losing

Venus hits the ball shot for shot harder, has a faster first serve, is better at the net, and has better footwork.

Serena has better placement and variety on BOTH first and second serve, isnt as erratic as Venus, although she doesn't hit the ball harder shot-for-shot she is way more explosive, Serena defends better, and Serena has more variety in her game. Serena incorporates topspin, especially on the forehand side and makes better use of angles. Serena doesn't double fault, while you can count on free points from Venus. Venus is one dimentional and when her game is off she's too stubborn to make the proper adjustments. Serena is better able to figure things out.

Both playing at their respective bests results in Serena winning 8/10 times IMO.
Peak Venus defends MUCH better than Serena. Her speed and reach allowed her to get balls no one else could get. Have you seen any of her matches against Hingis?

We all know Peak Venus > Peak Pierce > Peak Hingis> Peak Serenka
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #35
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
What I am hearing is....in Venus' long and illustrious career, she has only had 5 matches where she was at her peak.......3 of the 5 was at Wimbledon on grass. Did I pick up what you were putting down?
Um naw that wasnt what I was saying I just gave some examples.

Plus i just said she won 35 straight matches in a period where she won 6 tournaments, including Wimbledon, Us Open, and Olympics kinda just like what Serena managed to do this year but Venus did it 12 years ago beating Serena, Davenport, Hingis, Seles, and others along the way.
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #36
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Peak Venus defends MUCH better than Serena. Her speed and reach allowed her to get balls no one else could get. Have you seen any of her matches against Hingis?
So did you open this thread just to argue with all of the responses?

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #37
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah cuz u need lighting speed to get to those blistering would-be-winners that Hingis was known to hit in her prime!

Venus is a tad quicker but Serena is more explosive and quicker off the mark. We don't live in a world of "what-ifs" we live in a world of what is. Their records say far more than our words ever could.

I honestly feel that playing at your respective best is overrated, it says more about heart, character, guts, and fight to be able to win when u are not at your best. either way u slice it Serena >>>>>Venus
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #38
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We all know Peak Venus > Peak Pierce > Peak Hingis> Peak Serenka
No.

Peak Pierce > God > Peak Federer.

Anyway, Serena would win in a tight match. Venus may hit harder but that means nothing in reality. Serena's serve is far too superior and would probably be the deciding factor, that and mental toughness. Venus also cares too much when it comes to her playing Serena and she lets it get in the way most of the time, Serena exploits that.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #39
country flag Thirty All

Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all Thirty All is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
yeah cuz u need lighting speed to get to those blistering would-be-winners that Hingis was known to hit in her prime!

Venus is a tad quicker but Serena is more explosive and quicker off the mark. We don't live in a world of "what-ifs" we live in a world of what is. Their records say far more than our words ever could.

I honestly feel that playing at your respective best is overrated, it says more about heart, character, guts, and fight to be able to win when u are not at your best. either way u slice it Serena >>>>>Venus
Hingis hit the ball VERY early and her placement and angles were superb. She would pin you to the corner, try to wrong foot you, but Venus almost always got it back.
Thirty All is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #40
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Venus permanently relinquished any right to any supremacy when she apologized to her sister for winning the 2001 US Open final.

Did Serena ever do such a thing? Hell no
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #41
country flag Adi1987

Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future Adi1987 has a brilliant future

THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies) :

[X] This topic did not need a separate thread
[X] Fake/duplicate account
[_] It asks when and/or will Serena become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Graf v Seles thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Serena will forever be on top of the tennis world
[X] It is a lame troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[X] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[X] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It compares Serena and Sharapova, in any way.
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a Carillo in the subject line
[_] It discusses a doubles match.
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about Serena not showing up.
[_] It is the annual thread where people think China Open is a fifth Slam.
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Serena is finished in tennis after a totally expected loss in small tournaments.
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp are called an injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims WTA players can be competitive with ATP males in any form of tennis.
[X] Wrong forum, eejit.
[X] It was created by a 13 year old desperate for attention
[X] It contains advice to a top ten pro player from a person who has never held a racquet in his/her hand.
[_] It predicts the winner of a tournament final based on a 'feeling'
[_] It's a 'Hey I'm back' thread after a) you were banned for a damn good reason or b) no one noticed you were gone or missed you.
[_] It's a duplicate thread started by someone who can't scroll one inch down the first page
Adi1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #42
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlaya8 View Post
Thats crazy to say If you took two weeks at the end of may and beginning of June away Justine would only have 3 majors, If you took two weeks away at the end of August and September Kim would only have 1 major so please let that go about Venus and her domination of Wimbeldon. To have mediocore results all season but turn it on for two weeks (with even less playing time on a surface than other players because she doesn't play warm ups) took great confidence and self belief.
That is true but it is telling that players with only 3 or 4 slams in many cases are better than 7 slam Venus on all surfaces but grass in a time in age there are only 2 weeks of important grass tournaments a year.

Sharapova- better than Venus on clay, better than Venus indoors, overall better than Venus on outdoor hard courts.

Davenport- equal to Venus on clay, better than Venus indoors, overall better than Venus on outdoor hard courts.

Clijsters- equal or better than Venus on clay, better than Venus indoors, overall much better than Venus on outdoor hard courts

These are players with only 3/4 slams. Yet they are arguably superior to Venus everywhere except for the 1 of the 4 major surfaces with by far the least play on today, that has only 1 tournament above tier 3 level. Clay atleast has a 2 month season of many Premier level events plus the French. Indoors has no majors but numerous Premier level events throughout the year plus the year end Championships.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #43
country flag Moveyourfeet

Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future Moveyourfeet has a brilliant future

Quote:
The closest we've seen the two at their best was at 2008 at Wimbledon, and we all know how that ended

Venus would dismantle Serenka with her backhand down the line, drive/swinging volleys, and all court play.

Serena would remain hopeless.

Does anyone else agree? (I know Virginie does )
Cool story bro
Moveyourfeet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #44
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Saying a player would win simply because they hit harder is probably one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. If that were the case, Hingis would have had a career similar to Melanie Oudin.

Kvitova consistently hits harder than Serena, but look how that h2h has turned out thus far (no shade to Kvitova).

Question: What were Serena's weaknesses when she was in peak form?! I'll wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #45
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Kvitova consistently hits harder than Serena, but look how that h2h has turned out thus far (no shade to Kvitova).

Question: What were Serena's weaknesses when she was in peak form?! I'll wait.
She was somewhat of a slow starter I'd say.

That's all I got

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote