Where does Azarenka go from here? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #91
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
I won't debate Borz in here, but she's not at her best and everyone knows she can bring a higher level to the table. Everything shifts over the course of a career and all it takes is one big win to turn things around.
Borz has been showing signs of burnout. Her game is one of the most attritional that we've ever seen on the WTA, and clearly required an unbelievable amount of off-court work and discipline to maintain the pedestrian (at best) level which she displayed from 09-11.

It's not a lack of confidence issue; even if she were to win a random depleted Premier Mandatory I very much doubt that things would turn back in her favour. The fact is that even during her "peak" she couldn't win a slam, even in a weaker time where anybody even half good was cleaning her clock in slams. Her window has passed and I remember that Corwandt called it when he said her BFF Hagatha would have a much longer career at the top than she will.

And credit where credit is due to Vuvuzenka, she might lack weapons, but she's read the riot act to every pusher she has played this year. Borzniacki used to pwn the old, pathetic Vuvuzenka who would get thrashed by Dulko every few months, but it's clear that the level she's displayed this year is better than that.

Back on topic: I agree with everything else you say about Vuvuzenka.
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #92
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Borz has been showing signs of burnout. Her game is one of the most attritional that we've ever seen on the WTA, and clearly required an unbelievable amount of off-court work and discipline to maintain the pedestrian (at best) level which she displayed from 09-11.

It's not a lack of confidence issue; even if she were to win a random depleted Premier Mandatory I very much doubt that things would turn back in her favour. The fact is that even during her "peak" she couldn't win a slam, even in a weaker time where anybody even half good was cleaning her clock in slams. Her window has passed and I remember that Corwandt called it when he said her BFF Hagatha would have a much longer career at the top than she will.

And credit where credit is due to Vuvuzenka, she might lack weapons, but she's read the riot act to every pusher she has played this year. Borzniacki used to pwn the old, pathetic Vuvuzenka who would get thrashed by Dulko every few months, but it's clear that the level she's displayed this year is better than that.

Back on topic: I agree with everything else you say about Vuvuzenka.
I know she's a long, long, long ways off (though these things do have a way of turning around after a player first taste a little success), but I feel Mona Barthel, if/when she gets her house in order can blow Vika off the court as well.

But yes, all credit due to Vika for what she's doing now/this year. Good for her!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #93
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Oh, I'll band wagon a player that I enjoy watching, or is playing well. That's just the appreciative tennis fan in me.

But I only stan (if you can call it that) for one.

The fact that you agree with Smitten about the BS he is babbling about Azarenka already tells me all I need to know. I don't even need your stanning for Barkova.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #94
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
The fact that you agree with Smitten about the BS he is babbling about Azarenka already tells me all I need to know. I don't even need your stanning for Barkova.
Huh?

Agreeing with what portion of what Smitten said (or are you confusing me with Vickymise)?

I think he said alot.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #95
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
It's so sad how you stan for Azarenka. It's a dishonor to Seles fans everywhere.

She's nothing more than this era's Capriati.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #96
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I dare you to find a posting of mine where I have ever criticized Vika. I've always stood up for her, be it after the Bartoli match at the YEC or during the thing with Radwanska. This isn't even about Vika, it's about your hatred of Caro and her fan base, that's why you're attacking me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit whether you validate me or not but blatantly smearing me with wrongful accusations is nothing I will take without setting the record straight.
Don't you get it?

Vikapower is the biggest representative (or a charter and/or legitimate member of the TF Vika fan club). Not you.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #97
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Part of her success is also due to the absence, injuries, and lack of form of others.
Okay, I'll bite. Which players would that be?

2012 is the first year in a long time where no top players have been injured, putting aside Kim who wasn't playing a full year.

So which top players were absent according to you?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #98
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't you get it?

Vikapower is the biggest representative (or a charter and/or legitimate member of the TF Vika fan club). Not you.
That's funny, considering basically none of us actually take him seriously.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #99
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's so sad how you stan for Azarenka. It's a dishonor to Seles fans everywhere.

She's nothing more than this era's Capriati.

Capriati was a great player so I take that as a compliment for Vika.

I may not like players like Hingis or Serena and I find them overrated but I'd never be so dumb to call them weaponless jokes.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #100
country flag jimskeuh

jimskeuh has disabled reputation

I dont think she can get any higher than number 1 can she? SHe will win some grandslams especially when Serena is not playing (or not playing her best) and besides that, some tournaments here and there like she does now. The problem is, I still don't see her as a number 1 player. In my opinion the true number one is serena williams.
jimskeuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #101
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe he's saying, 'what happens this year, is no guarantee of what's happening, going to happen next year'?

And it's true (especially when player X is not blessed with superlative offensive skills or weapons).

You just gotta wait and see.
Says the one who was proclaiming Petra's dominance was to come now after her 2011. You really are a trip.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #102
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
That's funny, considering basically none of us actually take him seriously.
That was my point. Cause none of us take Jimmie48's recent Vika stanning seriously (that's why he gets ribbed for it).
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #103
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was my point. Cause none of us take Jimmie48's recent Vika stanning seriously (that's why he gets ribbed for it).
You and three other bullies don't really qualify as "none of us"

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #104
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Says the one who was proclaiming Petra's dominance was to come now after her 2011. You really are a trip.
I never said WHEN her dominance would take place (if it would at all). The media did that more than me.

I just talked about her attributes as a player when hitting on all cylinders.

Come on, a lot of first time Slam winners (and players new to the limelight/taste of the big time), don't recover till 1-3 years later. You know that.

Nonetheless, based off of what you said, I would/should know (as far as what's not guaranteed) regarding Vika next year.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #105
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you mean "none of us".

Are you part of the Vika fan club now?

What has it got to do with you anyway who Jimmie stans for

The one's who are entitled to comment are the hardened Vika fans, not people like you, so I don't really think you should be commenting on this.

JMO
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote