The SS Dementieva, New Horizons - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #976
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
Right then, I'm back, seems things have gone ok as far as I can tell....;

Feel free to keep up the daily logs if you wish, every good ship needs a "ships writer" so you can undertake that task if you like.

just spent 12 hours watching crap movies on a 7 inch screen on the back of someones head and attempting to eat inedible airline food.

such fun..
Cap'n,if I may make a suggestion,you might wanna try flying Southwest Airlines--if you haven't already--when you're travelling by air in the States.I go via that airline almost every time I fly out of El Paso to see my family in Baltimore.It won't compare with flying VIP in a private jet,but the folks usually endeavor to make the flights comfy and pleasant as the attendants often tell jokes with the passenger instructions to lighten the mood.

As for the lousy movies,well,I think we're virtually doomed in that regard with any long-term means of transportation.When I've taken the bus line from my home state across the border,the films are crappy enough in quality,but that's made even worse when the movies are dubbed into Spanish instead of being done with subtitles.As Ana could tell you,what's so pathetic is that the voice-dubbers COMPLETELY fail to capture the spirit of the scene.A character might be totally irate and yet the usually-dorky-sounding dubbed voice makes it seem as if the person were ordering house paint over the phone.

Honestly,I feel that you and Mikey do a decent job of describing our daily events aboard the SSD...plus there are a LOT of others who have seniority over me here...plus Elena doesn't do anything scandalous to draw attention to herself in her retirement,so that makes my job as her promotions/propaganda officer that much more of a challenge.Besides,if you let ME tell stories,you might read a fiction about Dushevina and Kirilenko wrestling on the beach as they argued about who got to serve as Lena's #1 bridesmaid....and THAT wouldn't necessarily be appealing to our gals or wholesome for our visiting youth

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #977
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately only Virgin Atlantic fly direct from the UK to the places I wish to go in the Yoo Ess.

crap as the movies were, not entirely Virgins fault as they were all current cinema releases, I found another more interesting thing to ogle at, the flight Attendant named Carla, she was indeed a wonderful sight, tall, dark and gorgeous, almost made the 11hrs enjoyable.

Anyhoo, gotta pop down to medical and see if they have any jetlag pills in stock, 20 plus years I have been doing this and it aint getting any easier.

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #978
country flag mc8114

mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute mc8114 has a reputation beyond repute

Cap, you are sea man, flights might get you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Actually,Merced,I'm fairly sure that her Polish-spelled name,Agnieszka,would be translated 'Agnes' in English,but I was just having a little fun.Sometimes,similar names have similar meanings,as with Abram('High Father')and Abraham('Father of Many Nations'),so I basically assumed that 'AGnes' and 'AGatha' were like that though,for all AYE know,they might be very different from each other.

Aye WAS serious,though,when I invited you and Ana to hang out by the pool in appropriate gear;you both might find 1 or 2 guys who'd volunteer to massage the sunblock protection onto you
thank you for the explanation
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #979
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc8114 View Post
Cap, you are sea man, flights might get you down
Nah, he's just getting old...

Bibiane Schoofs Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #980
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
Nah, he's just getting old...
Shouldn't you be getting some good pics of Larsson instead of picking on the Cap'n?
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #981
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Also Vika, Vee, Sabs, Wicky, BMS and Andy of course (prepped a little surprise for her.....)

I'm on my way...

Bibiane Schoofs Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs

Last edited by Rix643 : Oct 4th, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #982
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute

Ross, i don't think you see my post before, but i am ready to take up my job as 2nd in command again, have some big personal issues in my family, very dark days that lie behind me... see dani's thread for more details.. But as said i am able to take small tasks step by step again.. so i'm available again

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #983
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, Ross!
(Gee, am I late...?)

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #984

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little, and welcome back Mat, the wheel house hasnt looked quite the same lately..

Glad things are looking better for you and your family.

(Still got pissing, arseholing, bollocking, fucking, bastarding jet lag)

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #985
country flag Danči Dementia
¡Davai!

Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute

Feliz cumpleaños to our lovely doctor

hapy birthday Maca

Hail Queen Komova
Dementieva - Hantuchova - Vaidisova - Ivanovic
Que el aire es de cristal, que puede estallar.....que aunque mis labios no hablen te quiero devorar.

Danči Dementia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #986

Yes indeed, a happy birthday to Makki

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #987
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
Just a little, and welcome back Mat, the wheel house hasnt looked quite the same lately..

Glad things are looking better for you and your family.

(Still got pissing, arseholing, bollocking, fucking, bastarding jet lag)
Indeed, wheel house is literally a mess, time for some clean up, and ross, i need to find the time but i'll mail you this week... thanks for the fine words you posted, this aint what i expected when becoming uncle...

Time for me to seek for my cabin and get some good sleep... i'll be back!

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #988
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danči Dementia View Post
Feliz cumpleaños to our lovely doctor

hapy birthday Maca
Indeed,Maca,Feliz Cumplean~os a` ti,and you probably deserve a powerful,unforgettable Latino Muzzle Kiss for your b-day.Unfortunately for you,it's likely that you don't have any Latino males in your neighborhood,but an Italian could serve you well,too.Here's a highlight reel for you to gander: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3yzk7AyHk

The last one is the best,an absolute classic which demonstrates that even a hot-tempered chica latina will blissfully surrender when her juicy lips are smothered correctly,so good luck on getting your first LMK one day and,in the meantime,have a great day with your family and friends

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #989
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

thank you guys!! I'm 22 now but I feel old

Yesterday I didn't have time to celebrate my birthday 'cause I had 4 big exams (that's my luck) and I have another today

Thank you again. Is good to be born in this amazing month
To become an idol you have to win people's hearts
Elena Dementieva you won my heart

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #990
country flag bruce goose

Honestly,Maka deserved a big bash for all the First Aid she provides to weak-hearted fainting males who glimpse Elena's beauty in person for the 1st time....and we can't even count how often she's patched up Mikey when Elena kicked his ass