Where does Azarenka go from here? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #76
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where does Azarenka go from here?

Whatever, I won't apologize for having faith in her

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #77
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Vika fans, persecute him.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #78
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Whatever, I won't apologize for being a blatant bandwagoner for her
Fixed.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #79
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anyone think Azarenka will be able to defend her Australian Open title in January?
I think she can ; the Australian suits her game extremely well ; Victoria is an exceptional HC player but obviously it will be hard because I don't think she has ever defended a title that she had won the year before (needs to be verified). Now that she's in her prime probably things will/might change we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Come on Vika fans, persecute him.
Are you other people really wasting time of Jimmie -- his bandwagonning and extreme stanning for Victoria is so fake it's not even particularly that funny to make a huge deal out of it. There's nothing to persecute really.

It's just funny now that Victoria has stated herself as/to be an all time great/entered her prime dude's like Jimmie pop out from nowhere these very same people who (constantly, consistently) criticized her, calling her whiner, cry-baby, mocking her retirements etc.

I'm not saying you can't change opinion but it's a little bit too easy like Jimmie to auto-proclaim one-self as the next Duke William of Normandy Illimulated-Vika-fan-deliverer of the Good Word via somekind of Anglican faux-Act of Supremacy when the machinery is well in place and half of the time before she was just their spitting-toy.

Good for him if he loves Victoria, it's unfortunate that it sounds so unreal that it doesn't even annoy or anything -- nothing to persecute, really.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #80
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
I think she can ; the Australian suits her game extremely well ; Victoria is an exceptional HC player but obviously it will be hard because I don't think she has ever defended a title that she had won the year before (needs to be verified). Now that she's in her prime probably things will/might change we'll see.

Are you other people really wasting time of Jimmie -- his bandwagonning and extreme stanning for Victoria is so fake it's not even particularly that funny to make a huge deal out of it. There's nothing to persecute really.

It's just funny now that Victoria has stated herself as/to be an all time great/entered her prime dude's like Jimmie pop out from nowhere these very same people who (constantly, consistently) criticized her, calling her whiner, cry-baby, mocking her retirements etc.

I'm not saying you can't change opinion but it's a little bit too easy like Jimmie to auto-proclaim one-self as the next Duke William of Normandy Illimulated-Vika-fan-deliverer of the Good Word via somekind of Anglican faux-Act of Supremacy when the machinery is well in place and half of the time before she was just their spitting-toy.

Good for him if he loves Victoria, it's unfortunate that it sounds so unreal that it doesn't even annoy or anything -- nothing to persecute, really.
Well, you gotta admire someone that doesn't mind appearing like a complete tool, right?

I give him credit for that.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #81
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You gotta love Vikapower
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #82
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
You gotta love Vikapower
You know, I saw that part to (SMH, figured it was a language translation issue), and just ignored it.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #83
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post

I will kill you now. Vika has the mental toughness that Ana completely lacked, and moves better.

If Vika is half the competitor I think she is, she should be chomping at the bit for another shot at Serena after that US Open Final. As far as picking up more slams, really, she has a outstanding chance if Serena bows early--which I think there's a good chance of happening given her track record of injuries and inconsistency--and I think she can take Serena on hardcourt with a little more work on her serve and a little luck. Of course, Serena can take her, too.

But it's quite simple. Where Vika needs to go from here is to beat Serena in the late rounds of a major while holding onto the #1 ranking. Then, and only then, will the torch be passed.
Quote:
Q. In Wimbledon, Olympics, and US Open, you only lost to one player, Serena Williams. Coming to Beijing, do you feel...
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Before that, too, actually, in Madrid. (Laughter.)
Q. Coming to Beijing, do you feel maybe a little bit relieved that you don't see her in the draw?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Not really, you know. First of all, it's not good to see any player get injured, you know, and not being able to play.
Second of all, I don't feel relieved because I like to, even though I never beat her ‑I mean, I beat her once but not recently‑ I would like to, you know, play again, and until I do, I want to play her every week.

edit: what's all this shit about bandwagoning. Everyone's a bandwagoner at some point. The more Vika fans the better.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #84
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Classic TF failing to analyze the full picture.

Peak Azarenka is not scary or unplayable in the least and this form won't last forever. Part of her success is also due to the absence, injuries, and lack of form of others.

Yes, she played well at the start of the year but she beat Radwanska and Sharapova (players she already had good records against).

All it takes is Kvitova and Borz to get back into form and things suddenly shift regardless of what happened the previous year. I doubt she will have a better 2013, but TF always thinks a player's form and dominance will last forever and vice versa with slumps.

She still has a lot to prove. Serena is waiting.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #85
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Fixed.

You are accusing someone else of bandwagoning?
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #86
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
All it takes is Kvitova and Borz to get back into form and things suddenly shift regardless of what happened the previous year. I doubt she will have a better 2013, but TF always thinks a player's form and dominance will last forever and vice versa with slumps.

Borz days of being a contender (if she even qualified as that back in the '10- '11 period) are well and truly over.

But yeah, Vuvuzenka's current form as taken A LOT of hard work to get to and I question how long she can keep it up for. And even at her very best, there's still players with bigger games, that pose much more of a danger when they're in-form.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #87
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I dare you to find a posting of mine where I have ever criticized Vika. I've always stood up for her, be it after the Bartoli match at the YEC or during the thing with Radwanska. This isn't even about Vika, it's about your hatred of Caro and her fan base, that's why you're attacking me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a shit whether you validate me or not but blatantly smearing me with wrongful accusations is nothing I will take without setting the record straight.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #88
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

I won't debate Borz in here, but she's not at her best and everyone knows she can bring a higher level to the table. Everything shifts over the course of a career and all it takes is one big win to turn things around.

Anyway, back to the point. We already KNEW Azarenka can beat up on Martha and Agatha.

Do we know that this current Azarenka can beat an IN-FORM Kvitova? No. Part of this is Kvitova's fault for being local all year but it's still a valid question.

For all the credit that Azarenka gets, she played Serena in 3 big matches this year and only won 1 set. Embarrassed in Madrid F, played 1 tight set at Wimbledon, and almost won the USO(still worrying because Azarenka played well and Serena played mediocre including her serve).

All she did this year was beat the players she was supposed to. She still hasn't beaten the players who we've seen reduce her to the weaponless joke she is.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #89
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Classic TF failing to analyze the full picture.

Peak Azarenka is not scary or unplayable in the least and this form won't last forever. Part of her success is also due to the absence, injuries, and lack of form of others.

Yes, she played well at the start of the year but she beat Radwanska and Sharapova (players she already had good records against).

Well said.

I was starting to think logic and perspective were being lost amongst the current results.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #90
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
You are accusing someone else of bandwagoning?
Oh, I'll band wagon a player that I enjoy watching, or is playing well. That's just the appreciative tennis fan in me.

But I only stan (if you can call it that) for one.