Why does Vika hate Maria so much? - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #121
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-fifty View Post
maybe that's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHangover View Post
may be because in Stuttgart she really was injured and Sharapova was making fun of her and now azarenka is making pay her that disrespect. i prefer sharapova to azarenka speaking about their personalities, but tennis wise, sharapova is proving to be really obtuse, she is unable to develop a plan b against players like azarenka and serena which she can't outhit. Azarenka is proving to be a better player than Sharapova, and i see her winning more slam than Sharapova by the end of their careers, cause at the moment only Serena can stop her
These. Since Stuttgart it's clear they dislike each other. So i understand Vika not bothering anymore. What's the use of uttering compliments you don't mean anyway. Agree with Hangover the difference in playing strength on HC is big, don't see that changing the next few years.
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #122
country flag aselto

aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute aselto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-fifty View Post
maybe that's why

The mustache looks very hilarious in the GIF.
aselto is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #123
country flag Wilson_07

Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future Wilson_07 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Hi View Post
The real bitches are those who say nice things and behave the other way.
Sharapova certainly qualifies.
I don't agree. People who behave like bitches in your face are just the ones who admit to be bitches. That doesn't change the fact that they're all bitches.
I don't like people who behave like brats and say 'I'm just being honest', because there's always a way to tell the truth somewhat politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian_siren View Post
yeh, i seriously think off-court she doesn't give a fuck about any player. even all the beatdowns from rena doesn't affect her attitude off court towards her (even if it's fake ) sometimes you just have to accept defeat. we only exaggerate such losses because we're all crazy fans, but in the real tennis circuit it's just another day at the office, if you lose, you lose. no point in dwelling on the fact otherwise masha wouldn't play tennis every again
It would be sad though if she doesn't care about what she appears to love so much. I don't think she has a long lasting future if she just sees Tennis as a normal job to earn money. She puts her body on the line for it and you need to have some kind of passion and determination to do something like she does.
And it's ok to be upset or disappointed over losses. She needs to move on and she probably does cope with losses well, but I don't believe she goes off the court after a loss and just shruggs it off like it was nothing.
She even was about to cry during the Olympic finals, so....
Wilson_07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #124
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

^oh im not denying she isn't passionate about tennis, she's incredibly passionate, its very admirable.
but what im saying is, in the grand scale of things this is just a loss. if she was retiring this year than god it would be sad, but knowing she's got many more years on the circuit doesn't make me feel absolutely hopeless about her losing to vika so many times. it's been an incredible year for the wta in general
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #125
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

There is no RULE that Says Vika has to like Maria. Also, Maria Sharapova is a major bitch remember her comments about Agnieszka at the Australian Open about isn't she back in Poland already. Also, Maria has said some nasty things about Vika in the press this year saying she exaggerates her injuries. So no Vika does not feel she needs to be nice to Maria she just does not like her.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #126
country flag TheHangover

TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future TheHangover has a brilliant future

^^ also about jj that always retires or something like that
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #127
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn_ace View Post
Azarenka is a bully and it shows in everything she does. She just does not seem a pleasant person to be around.

.........in your subjective opinion.
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #128
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
These. Since Stuttgart it's clear they dislike each other. So i understand Vika not bothering anymore. What's the use of uttering compliments you don't mean anyway. Agree with Hangover the difference in playing strength on HC is big, don't see that changing the next few years.
I think the problem started before Stuggart particularly when Sharapova dissed Vika because she was complaining about the schedule. Maria also implied that Vika was faking injury by saying that she would see Vika training on court perfectly fine after she pulled out of a tournament. I notice if Maria really doesn't like a player she'll make shady remarks towards them in the press conference. She doesn't necessarily do it often but with Vika she's done it many times.

I'm pretty sure her remarks have gotten back to Vika and she doesn't like Maria at all for it hence the bump in Stuggart and not acknowledging her after the win today. Sometimes it's not all peaches and roses amongst these women especially when they're around the same age fighting for the same titles. Both of them are competitive because they're considered the future right now and it's a competition as to who will be on top between them.

Maria is good at masking her dislike for a player publicly, Vika isn't at this point but she'll learn. Right now she's coming into her own as the #1 player so she's not going to relinquish anything to her main rival. Maria was the same way at 17.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #129
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...since Stuttgart no love lost between the two. In all fairness to Vika, if Masha's fans had no problem with the 'extremely injured'-diss by Maria, then no need to cry now that Vika went even further: not even acknowledging Masha.

Dang, then you're bad!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #130
Miss Atomic Bomb
Up yours

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasmith View Post
not read the thread but I bet my ticket to Sweden money that these shallow, delusional silver medalist, cakewalk-p fans attribute this perceived dislike to "jealousy?"

Have they sought comfort in their usual 'Atleast Maria is pretty and popular!11' argument yet?

How pathetic is it for a tennis fan to have to resort to such a vain and completely non-tennis argument on a tennisforum every time this tennis player loses ! I dont know how someone being pretty or rich gives a tennis fan any joy or satisfaction.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #131
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

categorising the whole of Siberian Siren again? nothing new
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #132
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post

Have they sought comfort in their usual 'Atleast Maria is pretty and popular!11' argument yet?

How pathetic is it for a tennis fan to have to resort to such a vain and completely non-tennis argument on a tennisforum every time this tennis player loses ! I dont know how someone being pretty or rich gives a tennis fan any joy or satisfaction.
2nd post of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
maybe because she

1) has 3 Slams less
2) earns some 20 mln less
3) doesn't have even 10% of Masha's fans
4) is not considered a top star of the tournaments even being №1 for almost a year

In reality, Vika is just far form being a diplomat or politician..... She is more like Tyson/Ali type and doesn't care if she is polite or not.
\ /
I IV
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #133
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
He means Vika because she keeps beating Stosur.
Vika could own Sam 20-0 or she could trail her 0-20 I don't care, she's a mean bitch and that's why everybody hates her and doesn't earn a shit from sponsors compared to the other top players.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #134
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Vika could own Sam 20-0 or she could trail her 0-20 I don't care, she's a mean bitch and that's why everybody hates her and doesn't earn a shit from sponsors compared to the other top players.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #135
country flag CatTs

CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of CatTs has much to be proud of

I think Vika has lost her bearings and forgot to mention Maria. I mean, not intentionally. As simple as that. Totally agree with other posters' opinions about her being less professional in off-court duties and looking awkward frequently. If one looks confident it doesn't mean he actually is confident. Plus, Vika is pretty temperamental, what explains her occasional bad behavior. I'm sure she isn't that bitchy deep inside as people are used to think. Her Granny should definitely have taken care of that. You can hear from Vika's interviews that she isn't that silly as well. So, in my humble opinion, temper is a good explanation. Got one myself so, I have a clear understanding of its mechanisms.

IMHO
always, naturally
CatTs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote