Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 289 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #4321
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
While the season is not quite over we can assess one of Caroline's goals for 2012. I can't recall if it was Caroline or Piotr (perhaps it was both) who claimed that she was going to focus on the slams in 2012. Let's see, QF, third round, first round, first round...those are her worst results since 2007 when she lost in the first round once and the second round twice (she did not play at the 2007 Australian Open). I wish that someone would point that out to her and ask her to respond. It just seems so inexplicable that she has fallen so far so quickly.
You read her answers in the articles thread. But it doesnt matter what the reasons are. This was a wasted year at majors & Tier I's. From Montreal 2010- USO 2011 she won 5 Tier I's and was in 3 slam semis. Since 2011 USO ended, no slams semis and no premier finals.
So it doesnt matter what she says. How she responds in 2013 is all that matters.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #4322
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caro is still early in her career. If that 1 slam final is it, then she probably never had what it took (mentally) to win majors, no matter what style she plays.I think a lot of people think like bruce goose, that Caroline was never winning a major. It looks like they all were right. She is far far from winning a major now. This whole current situation, with a part time coach, who leaves after she loses round 1 at majors, so Caroline can go hang out at the golf course, it does look like majors are not the imperative for her.
Maybe I was a bit too hard on you.Let me be clear:

1.Caro definitely had/has the talent to win slams
2.She was/is mentally strong enough to win them,too

To me,the big problem was that she found some early success with a limited style of play that was only able to bring her so far,and she got overly comfortable with that style and failed to add crucial elements to her game.The fact that she succeeded as much as she did is a testimony to her talent,NOT the strategy itself;most all of us would agree that finishing off foes who AREN'T making UEs requires one to FORCE them into mistakes by making some sort of well-placed,attacking move.....and Caroline just hasn't had enough of that to this point.

What gets me the most are the wipeout losses to weak-minded,one-dimensional BBs like Goerges and Ivanovic.True,even legends lose to far lesser players sometimes,but I can't recall even ONE TIME when Henin,Davenport,ASV,Graf,or a WS got helplessly smacked all over the court by such a second-tier BB.They find ways of counterattacking and using the lesser player's pace and power against her,somehow,until her level and confidence drop,and then she becomes easy pickings,usually.Caro must broaden her game at least to where she's not so vulnerable to mediocre powwr-hitters who are on a short hot streak.She doesn't need to completely abandon her previous,defensive techniques BY ANY MEANS,yet the status quo just wasn't good enough

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #4323
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
... BY ANY MEANS,yet the status quo just wasn't good enough
I will always think the way she was playing was on the right track to Hall of Fame superstardom.
But she didnt believe it, and she's the only one who matters in her on court results

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #4324
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just learned that the Int. YEC will be using a RR format just like the big-time YEC;that has a bit more credibility than the laughable,8-player,single elimination format of the last couple years...and now I'm leaning towards the idea that ending the year with a title might provide a psychological boost for Caro...then again,maybe I'm just guilty of wishful thinking

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #4325
country flag goldenlox

I saw last year's final. Ivanovic easily beat AMG.
Its not a better tournament than Korea was, and Caro should do well.
She won only 12 of 22 matches over several months before Korea. She should have much fresher legs than most of them

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #4326
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I saw last year's final. Ivanovic easily beat AMG.
AMG playing the final says everything about this tournament

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #4327
country flag goldenlox

Its for players who won an Intl. Goerges won Stuttgart in 2011, & she wasnt eligible. That was too big a tournament

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #4328
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Or is this all going according to some Machiavellian scheme? Perhaps Caroline wants the tennis illuminati and, more importantly, her competition to consider her a non factor then, BAM!, next thing you know Caroline wins the calendar grand slam in 2013 thereby having one of the greatest single seasons in the history of the game. Well, it could happen.
That would be the Batman Gambit to end all Batman gambits.

I do wonder what Caroline and her camp will do when discussing the year overall? Me, I would start by working on her serve. The serve is the one shot all players can control and there's no reason for her to not have a better serve.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #4329
country flag goldenlox

What is Turkish Airlines thinking about Caro's year?

The WTA welcomed the announcement by the Bulgarian Tennis Federation (BTF) that Qatar Airways would be the title sponsor for the forthcoming Tournament of Champions, to be held at Arena Armeec in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia from October 30–November 4, 2012. Under the terms of the one-year deal, the event will officially be known as the Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions Sofia.

“We are thrilled that Qatar Airways has signed up as title sponsor of the Tournament of Champions,” said WTA Chairman & CEO Stacey Allaster. “Qatar Airways is a truly world class airline with a wonderful history of support for professional tennis, including the Qatar Ladies Open, our WTA Premier event in Doha . I congratulate the Bulgarian Tennis Federation for securing such a premium partner for the first staging of this event in Sofia .”

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #4330
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch, that's adding insult to injury.

I don't think they`re happy about her year at all, they changed the voiceover on that tv ad a bunch of times, it now says "one of the world's top tennis players" and even that's a matter of definition now.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #4331
country flag goldenlox

About 18 months ago, it seemed like Caro was agood bet to stay near the top.
She took every tournament very seriously.
All of her sponsors are probably concerned now.

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #4332
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

As far as Turkish Airlines and what they must think and anyone else who has used her to promote themselves - I really couldn't care less. That is basically their problem. At some point in time - having gone from saying Caro as the world's #1 player to saying one of the top players - Turkish Airlines may well go to a new advert using someone else. That will simply be a business decision if they do that based on maximising their profits. And I don't need that to know whether she's doing well or not.

It's the same with any promotional work Caro has done. I don't feel sorry for Istanbul that they used Caro to promote the event and Caro hasn't qualified. They asked Caro and she's always been willing to do her bit and more.

No - that side of things doesn't really make ma happy, concerned or teally raise any emotion inside me at all. When she wins on the tennis court - I'm happy, when she loses I'm not - simple as that. At the end of the day - Caro's responsibility is only to herself. To really get the most out of herself on the tennis court. She owes that to herself.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4333
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
As far as Turkish Airlines and what they must think and anyone else who has used her to promote themselves - I really couldn't care less. That is basically their problem. At some point in time - having gone from saying Caro as the world's #1 player to saying one of the top players - Turkish Airlines may well go to a new advert using someone else. That will simply be a business decision if they do that based on maximising their profits. And I don't need that to know whether she's doing well or not.

It's the same with any promotional work Caro has done. I don't feel sorry for Istanbul that they used Caro to promote the event and Caro hasn't qualified. They asked Caro and she's always been willing to do her bit and more.

No - that side of things doesn't really make ma happy, concerned or teally raise any emotion inside me at all. When she wins on the tennis court - I'm happy, when she loses I'm not - simple as that. At the end of the day - Caro's responsibility is only to herself. To really get the most out of herself on the tennis court. She owes that to herself.
Well said, I comletely agree with you!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #4334
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I think Turkish airlines are not happy at all, she'll be basically advertising their competitor. On the other hand, if she wins another title that can only help her (and their) publicity.
I am also very curious about what way will she be heading playing-wise. If she watched todays final between Azarenka & Sharapova she'd probably regret abandoning her great defensive play. I think 2013 will be again about changes, at this point they probably have a lot to fix.
Here's hoping that Caro will once again become the old Caroline, who beat her opponents thanks to a rock-solid defense.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #4335
country flag bruce goose

The only problem with the above is that Caro's defense WASN'T that solid always;she was vulnerable to getting overpowered and smacked off the court even by limited BBs.Even if it didn't happen constantly,it's unacceptable for an elite player to be helpless against a fringe Top 20 player.

More importantly,the start of next season will show us,and everyone else,where Caro's fighting spirit truly is.Even legends go thru stretches where their passion wanes for a short time,but there's no way that Caro could be content with her rankings drop IF she had a burning passion to succeed.If it were only a so-so,lukewarm passion(sort of an oxymoron,I'll admit),THEN she could be somewhat bothered yet not quite motivated enough to put in the tough work on the road back.She'll have SOOOO much time to reflect on things in the offseason--regardless of how much she spends with Rory--and do a self-inventory.

If Caro comes out looking fiery and determined,then that alone will be a good sign,though it'll hopefully be accompanied by sound strategy....if she comes out seeming only mildly bothered by losses,then the doomsayers here will have fertile ground for their lamentations.I'd like to think that Caro would never forsake her tennis dreams without an all-out fight

Closed Thread