Masha's worst year - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Her worst year?

2007 2 5.71%
2008 4 11.43%
2010 28 80.00%
other (why?) 3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #31
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Masha's worst year

2010 by far. No Slam QFs, titles at MMs and a first round slam exit.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #32
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Completely agree. Even though she had a fantastic clay season she got too many beatdowns this year form her main rivals.
Yeah but all (I think) of those beatdowns were in finals.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #33
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Yeah but all (I think) of those beatdowns were in finals.
That's what hurts more I would rather have her get beaten in the semifinal or something rather than in the final .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #34
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly when you look at her results and how poorly she's played to get them in a lot of tournaments it gives great reason to be excited. It might take another 2 years before Maria is a pre-surgery levels but it's not as if she's not putting in the work. It was always going to be a long road and I think this season and last season were great transition years to stabalise her game and get some controlled aggression back. I just hope next year the improvements are as big as they were this past two years.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #35
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Honestly when you look at her results and how poorly she's played to get them in a lot of tournaments it gives great reason to be excited. It might take another 2 years before Maria is a pre-surgery levels but it's not as if she's not putting in the work. It was always going to be a long road and I think this season and last season were great transition years to stabalise her game and get some controlled aggression back. I just hope next year the improvements are as big as they were this past two years.
perfect term to describe her progression
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #36
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with Ogi. Despite this being one of her best seasons she still has so much room for improvement, especially on non-clay surfaces.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #37
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

2010 for sure. Horrible results at Slams, lots of early exits at important events, losing 3 straight finals, only winning 2 MMs.

However, no matter how inconsistent she was in 2010, she was able to challenge the best and didn't have a single beatdown all season

To be honest, I'd rather have her losing close matches than getting beatdowns in every non clay final she plays
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #38
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

2008 for sure. Anytime when she's playing and she's healthy is a good year.

When she has to have surgery because she can no longer play without pain, is a bad year, results don't matter. It's all about her being okay and doing what she loves pain free.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #39
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

if we follow your logic Maria never had even one good year!
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #40
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I am tempted to have a poll....in what year did maria's body look the best...(cannot think of a worst year )...maybe someone else would like to run with that idea....my choice would be 2012. And...

"I don't carry it (sugarpova) with me because then it just becomes too dangerous. I've got vacation in a month or so, and I need to‑‑ you know, I'm going to be wearing bikinis, so I can't be eating candy before. I need to be bikini‑ready."

I have a feeling she will be ready.
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #41
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterPova View Post
2008 for sure. Anytime when she's playing and she's healthy is a good year.

When she has to have surgery because she can no longer play without pain, is a bad year, results don't matter. It's all about her being okay and doing what she loves pain free.
2008 was the best it ever was for her though, tennis-wise. It's obviously heartbreaking when you think about the player she was maturing into, but we got a glimpse of Peak Pova during that time. I mean I totally see where you're coming from, but I'll take a GOAT slam win and an injury over back to back losses to KDK and Vesnina any day

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #42
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
2008 was the best it ever was for her though, tennis-wise. It's obviously heartbreaking when you think about the player she was maturing into, but we got a glimpse of Peak Pova during that time. I mean I totally see where you're coming from, but I'll take a GOAT slam win and an injury over back to back losses to KDK and Vesnina any day
It really makes me wonder what could have happened and what she might have achieved had that shoulder problem not occured...it makes me sad when I begin to think about it as it probably would have been so much more than this
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #43
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
It really makes me wonder what could have happened and what she might have achieved had that shoulder problem not occured...it makes me sad when I begin to think about it as it probably would have been so much more than this
we will never find out now, but i don´t think she would have won FO even without that shoulder problems and surgery, maybe this was just meant to be and her career was blessed with career slam which i would take anyday rather than having 5 or 6 slams except FO

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #44
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
I understand wondering what could have been with Maria, concerning the shoulder injury. But most of the top players can play the "What if" question, so it's not like Maria is the only victim of health setbacks or other circumstances that hurt her career. What if Serena had never stepped on glass, or had that knee surgery, or had committed herself to the game 100% over the years? What if Clijsters didn't want to start a family in the first place? What if Henin never retired early? What if Dementieva solved her serving issues? What if Hingis didn't develop foot problems? What if Capriati never got into drugs? What if Seles hadn't gotten stabbed?

But it's only natural to wonder what Maria could have achiveved without the shoulder problems. I've done myself. For what it's worth, I think she would have won 3 or 4 more majors.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote