Worst blown opportunity at RG for Hingis? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WHICH ONE

1997 27 34.18%
1998 4 5.06%
1999 45 56.96%
2000 3 3.80%
2001 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #16
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all
Re: Worst blown opportunity at RG for Hingis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Legend is 0-3 against Martinez on red clay (11-0 everywhere else).
2 of those 3 losses were when Hingis was 14 or 15 so dont mean much. The other in 2000, a past her prime Martinez played a virtually perfect match, she doesnt usually play that well even on clay, even in her prime.

Quote:
Worst blown opportunity was obviously 2004 RG.
I dont get this. Hingis was not even playing RG 2004.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #17
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
I dont get this. Hingis was not even playing RG 2004.
Sigh.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #18
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

97 was the most shocking..... Majoli who? I know she was a great player, but no way a player of Hingis talent should lose in a fucking slam final to Eva Majoli....

That for me was the worst one.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #19
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
Sigh.
She was retired for a reason. It isnt like she was heading towards her peak when she left the game in 2002.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #20
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

The Graf match, anyone who picked other matches are just a fool/
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #21
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird she had such a short career and yet came close so many times.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #22
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

1998 for me by far. That stupid ass performance against Seles who she had beaten in the SF there the year before and had an excellent record against.

Arantxa was her total bitch as well, even more than Monica.
Smitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #23
country flag SelesGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
It's weird she had such a short career and yet came close so many times.
It was a wierd era for clay too. No dominant clay courters at all whereas before that there was Graf, Seles, and Sanchez, and after that there was Henin. It was alot like the last 5 years, with a new winner each year.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #24
country flag Timariot

Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis did win RG, as a junior. IIRC she was just 12 year old. Good luck ever topping that.

For me, 2000 and 2001 were biggest disappointments. At 2000 all she had in way of her were two of her regular pigeons, Martina could not POSSIBLY blow that, right...? 2001, in retrospect it is not a surprise she lost, but the way she lost, it was just infuriating. Capriati played TERRIBLY, she was spraying the ball all over Roland Garros arena, yet Martina put out which was possibly her worst match ever.
"Backhands should be hit with two hands, as should forehands. A Selesian's strength flows from the Holy Groundstrokes, but beware: sliced backhands, Graf forehands - the dark side of Selesianity are they. Easily they flow, but if once you start down the dark path, forever will Graf damnate your destiny - consume you she will..."

-
Selesian Doctrine
Timariot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #25
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Too painful to choose

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #26
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Karma def. Hingis is 1999 is for sure the best way to describe what happend there

EPIC Final and pure fun to watch her lose
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #27
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

1999. Stupid brat.
__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #28
country flag SelesGOAT

Who is the idiot who voted 1998. Seles just flat out overpowered her in that one. Why no votes for 2001. It isnt my first choice but Capriati is probably the weakest clay courter she lost to at RG of all thos years, although she was past her prime by then so the loss was still almost expected.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #29
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timariot View Post
Hingis did win RG
Yep.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 03:47 AM   #30
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Too painful to choose
IKR...
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote