Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Were you guys satisfied with Vika(N1) and Maria(N2) this year ?

Yes 61 58.65%
No 7 6.73%
Serena overshadowed them 36 34.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #16
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Were you guys satisfied by Sharapova and Azarenka this year?

absolutely not, Pova was relevant only in clay run and punchbag for the rest of it, Vika has done nothing significant after her GS and 26-0 start, Rena overshadows them all with her Wimby-OG-USO run
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #17
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jool* View Post
if Maria wins tomorrow then yes.
Sharapova already beat Vika in Stuttgart final and if she wins tomorrow it will be 2-2 in finals, as the World N1 Vika has to win this to increase her supremacy over Maria not the other way around.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #18
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka definitely, all of her loses (excluding "retirements" and "w/o") were to people in the top 20. Thats a darn good record.

Last edited by Jack. : Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #19
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Yes, both of them have performed fantastically well. Especially Maria, given her somewhat limited game and talent. Exceeded all expectations.
Would it kill you to ever say something nice about Maria without covering it with layer upon layer of shade
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #20
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Azarenka definitely, all of her loses (excluding "retirements" and "w/o") were to people in the top 20. Thats a darn record.
Same goes for Maria I would even add top 15.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #21
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

I'm satisfied with Maria's season as the only thing I wanted for her was to complete the career slam. But I'm still pissed off by these awful losses in Melbourne and London. I don't mind she lost these matches but winning 3 and 1 games is very shameful even against peak Azarenka and Williams. Also, the loss to Lisicki in Wimbledon is very pitiful as she could have hold the no.1 spot for much longer had she been in the final of Wimbledon. I hope she doesn't get a licking tomorrow against Azarenka because that would look weird for a no.2 player to punchbaged by both no.1 and no.3

As for Azarenka, I don't like her so I wanted her to lose any match but well, it didn't happen.

But let's face the truth, Serena is still the boss!
alex.2812 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #22
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Sharapova already beat Vika in Stuttgart final and if she wins tomorrow it will be 2-2 in finals, as the World N1 Vika has to win this to increase her supremacy over Maria not the other way around.
whatever their ranking is , I'd take a win of Maria over Vika anytime. I don't care about the n°1 being super-dominant like Vika during 3 months at the beginning of the year . I'm good with a solid top 3 . Vika, Maria, Serena have vastly dominated everything on tou this year and I don't mind having problems saying which of the 3 is/was really the best .

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #23
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No,no..you guys resorting to this reverse 'no pressure' psychology?! Weren't you the one who didn't like when Serena did this?!

Make no mistake: many still think that Masha is the superior talent than Azarenka, but with each beatdown it's getting harder and harder to keep it up. So she NEEDS a good showing tomoorrow.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #24
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Masha and Vika have been great this year, no doubts. Each had their moments.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #25
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
No,no..you guys resorting to this reverse 'no pressure' psychology?! Weren't you the one who didn't like when Serena did this?!

Make no mistake: many still think that Masha is the superior talent than Azarenka, but with each beatdown it's getting harder and harder to keep it up. So she NEEDS a good showing tomoorrow.
And she is. You can believe whatever you want but Maria has the titles and the majors to prove that she is indeed the better talent and better player.
Azarenka on HC is a matchup issue just like Nadal can be for Federer but it doesn't mean that Nadal is greater than him on the respective surfaces, and it's not like Vika is beating PeakPova these days anyway.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #26
country flag TheLegendof

TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future

They're great, but neither is the best. The Queen is still at the top, which is just how I like it . With that said, I like Azarenka a lot and have been happy to see her improve and Maria's completion of the career grand slam was impressive.
TheLegendof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #27
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

The poll is a wank! I'm satisfied with Sharapova and Azarenka this year andWilliams accomplishments were also stellar. The way you've set up the poll seems to be more about starting bickering than anything else.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #28
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

I was very impressed with Vika this year because she's improved by leaps and bounds in regards to mental toughness and execution. I feel like she's relatively young and theirs an upside to her game. She nearly beat Serena at the US Open and I truly believe she would've won it if The Great One didn't pull out one her infamous hat tricks.

As for Maria, what any player can learn from her is how to take advantage of your opportunities. More than anytime in her career Maria has proven(this year) that being at the right place at the right time can win you a slam. When all her opponents(even the favorites) faltered at the French Open she was there waiting with open arms. Maria's best quality is her mental toughness against 95% of the tour. She always finds a way to win even when she's playing bad. She had a great year. The rivalry between her and Azarenka should be interesting next season.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #29
bandabou

Quote:
And she is. You can believe whatever you want but Maria has the titles and the majors to prove that she is indeed the better talent and better player.
Azarenka on HC is a matchup issue just like Nadal can be for Federer but it doesn't mean that Nadal is greater than him on the respective surfaces, and it's not like Vika is beating PeakPova these days anyway.
Sharapova is greater for sure, but that she's issues with Azarenka..that's beyond discussion.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #30
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Sharapova is greater for sure, but that she's issues with Azarenka..that's beyond discussion.

it's not like Serena didn't have issues with Hingis or Henin or her sister Venus

It's tennis , players are supposed to be challenged by new generations , by the players with inconvinient game style etc.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote