Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1 - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #391
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all
Re: Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I think that's the thing who annoys Safina and many more people. No matter how you twist it, it's certainly not a compliment to Vika to say that she is NOT the best player out there but that she is the N1.
Well then thats just too bad. When someone wins Wimbledon, U.S Open, Olympic Gold in the same year and nobody else has won more than 1 title of that magnitude for the year, and that same player is 6-0 vs the top 2 ranked players that year, that person will be considered the best player in the World and rightfully so, whether they deserve the #1 ranking or not. If Safina thinks that shouldnt be then she is living in a fantasy World that she needs to get out of, the same one she was leaving in when she said something like "to be #1 is to be remembered forever, slam winners come and go". Azarenka I am sure knows Serena is considered the best and will be until she starts winning as many recent major titles and beating Serena when they play, it probably bothers Safina way more than does it does Azarenka. Atleast people arent saying she is an unworthy #1 ranked player like Safina, I am sure she takes satisfaction in that, even if people know she isnt the best player, they atleast consider her worthy of being ranked #1, which they didnt for Safina and Wozniacki, and she can smile over the major title they didnt win. Best player is obviously the next step, and one she hasnt taken yet.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #392
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Had Azarenka won the U.S Open final over Serena many would consider her the best player now. Sure we would know Serena reaches higher peak levels of play, but Azarenka would have 2 slams to Serena's 1 for the year, and have beaten Serena head on to give her that edge. That would be enough for most people. However she choked trying to serve it out even against a Serena far form her best form that day, lost, and so will have to be satisfied for being the first non controversial #1 (apart from Serena) since Justine in 2007, the shot at year end #1, a major title winner, and maybe a shot at Player of the Year if she wins the WTA Championships. Anything more will need to wait for 2013.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #393
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Hot ass mess of a thread.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #394
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
Oh my.....this is hilarious
Awww...did he leave?
*tch*
And here I was about to compliment her on her hairy chest and muscular calves too.
Oh well.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #395
country flag SelesGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
Thank your stars Rena lost to a player who would have wooped pova's ass had spova met Razzano in R1.
This particular comment is kind of stupid. Razanno didnt play amazing tennis to beat Serena at Roland Garros. Serena just stunk up the joint, and then choked away a striaght sets win she should have had instead of playing really bad anyway. Sharapova wouldnt have lost to Razzano, dont build up Razanno's play just because she beat Serena, it was all Serena's fault, it was no way a special performance by Razanno.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #396
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

Azarenka has a lot of points, so It's propably true. She must win everything
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #397
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
This particular comment is kind of stupid. Razanno didnt play amazing tennis to beat Serena at Roland Garros. Serena just stunk up the joint, and then choked away a striaght sets win she should have had instead of playing really bad anyway. Sharapova wouldnt have lost to Razzano, dont build up Razanno's play just because she beat Serena, it was all Serena's fault, it was no way a special performance by Razanno.
Let him talk, he is the single dumbest person that I've ever met.
Razzano got her ass wooped in the second round, her level of play was indeed not special in that tournament.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #398
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
Well Maria made a F and W in the first two slams of the year and then Serena won the last two ones so there isn't much of a difference is it?

Even with all those achievements she isn't 1# and rightfully so
Neither is Maria with her F and W, no?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #399
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
at you acknowledging that Serena was indeed the favorite going into the French Open.

Too bad for you it didn't happened. Razzano had other plans in mind
Yep, just like Maria still doesn't have the olympic gold.

Serena already has a RG title, that's the difference.

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #400
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you call people childish .
Giving up already?
Booo...booo...
You're no fun at all.
And here I had 20 more caps lined up.
Darrinbaker00, please teach this kid The Dozens.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #401
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Let him talk, he is the single dumbest person that I've ever met.
Razzano got her ass wooped in the second round, her level of play was indeed not special in that tournament.
Like Oudin, Kirilenko, et al..ever mounted to anything special?!

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #402
country flag RVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Yep, just like Maria still doesn't have the olympic gold.

Serena already has a RG title, that's the difference.
He knows, bandabou.
He's just trying to rile you.
But man is he catching hell from the front and the rear in this thread.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #403
bandabou

Quote:
So you're saying that it is more embarrassing losing to SERENA WILLIAMS no matter in what stage of a tournament than losing to VIRGINIE RAZZANO? Is that what you're saying?
What's going on, junior?! You act like it's only against Serena that Maria got emberassed on a global scale?! You forgot about the Oz open?!

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #404
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Like Oudin, Kirilenko, et al..ever mounted to anything special?!
The difference is, unlike Serena fans, when Maria was getting bundled out of Slams by scrubs like Oudin or Kirilenko, we weren't claiming she was the best player in the world (or anywhere close)
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #405
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguehi View Post
If you can't see a connection to your post, then you didn't have a point other than to down Serena. Serena's loss was a horrible thing for her, as she's never lost 1st round at a slam and she was very positive going into it. Maria being embarrassed on a grand global scale should have been bad, but it seems by your account she was just happy to be there, being embarrassed. Okay. Two totally different viewpoints by the fans (I guess Serena fans have higher expectations since Serena has delivered time and time again) and the players and it's probably why Serena used her lowest point to reach highs while Maria is content to have her French. Cool.
These are the Mashafans for you. I guess they've finally accepted that Serena is sooooooooo much superior than Masha, that even a 0 and 1 beatdown for Masha is cool with them.

Closed Thread