Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1 - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #376
country flag serendipitynow

serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light serendipitynow is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Safina: Serena must play full year to be real No. 1

I don't think Serena would care if she's no. 1 or not.. is she?

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #377
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Where does she say Serena needs to play more?
Reading comprehension is fundamental.
Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give.

Cory Booker
mykarma is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #378
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
The fact that she says Serena must play full year implies that she believes Serena should play more even though she's played as much as anyone this year. You can't be that deluded or are you intentionally being obtuse?
Please point to the specific line in the quote. Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #379
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
You're an idiot and who the hell said anything about Serena and her rankings. Serena is doing fine thank you very much and if she was interested in being #1 she would be. To bad your fav is garbage according to you. Try reading comprehension before coming after someone.
Wait.. so how are the rankings wrong or inaccurate? And of course, Serena can do anything she wants Serena is never wrong. Serena never loses unless she wants to. Same old reetard message.

Quote:
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #380
country flag NashaP

NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold NashaP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
Yes, Serena was going to win and would have won FO if she made the final & pova was her opponent. Thank your stars Rena lost to a player who would have wooped pova's ass had spova met Razzano in R1. But we all know that Serena's loss was the reason pova had the luck to win. Not to worry.... next FO will come around soon enough. Just be patient!!!
I mean, I dont know what to say. Whether I should respond or just insult you

At this point, I'll just sit back and enjoy your posts before you get banned
NashaP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #381
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where does she say Serena needs to play more?
Quote:
Please point to the specific line in the quote. Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.
Saying Serena needs to play a full schedule is Safina basically saying Serena should play more. Don't try to be facetious or get into semantics. We know the implications of what Safina meant and that's why people are on her case because Serena has played a full schedule. You've really came out the woodworks with vitriol and bitterness ever since Serena has been winning this summer. Maybe you should take a break from the boards?
TheDream is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #382
country flag AcesHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Saying Serena needs to play a full schedule is Safina basically saying Serena should play more. Don't try to be facetious or get into semantics. We know the implications of what Safina meant and that's why people are on her case because Serena has played a full schedule. You've really came out the woodworks with vitriol and bitterness ever since Serena has been winning this summer. Maybe you should take a break from the boards?
Point to the quoted line please. Is that so hard?
Otherwise, whatever you're saying is irrelevant.

Quote:
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #383
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not worth my time. What Safina implied is in the article so if you want to find it then it's in the OP. it's pretty clear what most people in this thread felt what Safina implied.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #384
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

Azarenka is not a criticized #1 the way Safina was. Safina is wrong in all she said. The general feeling is Azarenka is the deserving #1 but Serena is by far the best player, and at this point Serena has had the best year with Azarenka close behind. All this is true. In Safina's case she was not a remotedly valid and worthy #1 in the way Azarenka currently is. She did not win a big tournament, she did not perform as consistently as Azarenka has, she did not consistently challenge and beat the best players. Safina is projecting herself onto Azarenka and that is a mistake as people do not view Azarenka the way they viewed her at #1, and for good reason. If she wants people to act like Serena is not the best player right now, #1 ranking or not, #1 deserving or not, then her back injury must have expanded to her brain, not that she ever seemed a bright lady.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #385
country flag SelesGOAT

SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all SelesGOAT is a name known to all

People have also not forgotten about Azarenka and Sharapova's big wins this year. People know Azarenka has had a breakthrough year highlighted by her Australian Open title. People still talk about Sharapova's career slam today. Nothing she said makes sense.

As for being #1 at year end Safina couldnt even manage that despite Serena indeed that year not playing a full schedule and taking all the non slam events, so who is she to talk about what someone knows how to end a year at #1.
SelesGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #386
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE=NashaP;22284397]I mean, I dont know what to say. Whether I should respond or just insult you
At this point, I'll just sit back and enjoy your posts before you get banned[/quote]

Next time, try an come back with something more intelligent. U can't be that dull, or are u? Plz.........!!!!
acetoace is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #387
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post

I thought this was already resolved.
Again, who is arguing that Serena should be #1?

Oh Never mind.
You're probably 8 years old too.
what's up with the whole 8 year old thing Grow up. You all agreed with what Safina said and you're still mocking her the whole time.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #388
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you serious?!

Man oh man.
*sigh*

What I want to know is...

What strain are you smoking, and where can I purchase an ounce?

Cuz dude, you are seriously blunted!

For those who do not know what "blunted" means...
Quote:
1. blunted

high as a muthafucka, after smoking a blunt
"Me and my man got blunted"
That cat is blunted!
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #389
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesGOAT View Post
Azarenka is not a criticized #1 the way Safina was. Safina is wrong in all she said. The general feeling is Azarenka is the deserving #1 but Serena is by far the best player, and at this point Serena has had the best year with Azarenka close behind. All this is true. In Safina's case she was not a remotedly valid and worthy #1 in the way Azarenka currently is. She did not win a big tournament, she did not perform as consistently as Azarenka has, she did not consistently challenge and beat the best players. Safina is projecting herself onto Azarenka and that is a mistake as people do not view Azarenka the way they viewed her at #1, and for good reason. If she wants people to act like Serena is not the best player right now, #1 ranking or not, #1 deserving or not, then her back injury must have expanded to her brain, not that she ever seemed a bright lady.
I think that's the thing who annoys Safina and many more people. No matter how you twist it, it's certainly not a compliment to Vika to say that she is NOT the best player out there but that she is the N1.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #390
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
what's up with the whole 8 year old thing Grow up. You all agreed with what Safina said and you're still mocking her the whole time.
Naw. I'm having way too much fun mocking you sad creatures.
Wa-a-a-a-y too much fun.
You guys are so slow and make it so easy, who could possibly resist?
Plus, you toolers keep coming back for more.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread