Anyone thinks that Aga and Angelique could suffer from burning out after this season? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #16
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future
Re: Anyone thinks that Aga and Angelique could suffer from burning out after this sea

Suddenly so many TF members caring for "vulture" Aga, "queen of pushers". They just can't stand the danger of her "slumping" and her body's "break out".
Well, you should not be so afraid of her survival. She's smart girl knowing her body and her capacities better than anyone else. This year to progress in singles she reduced
drastically her quota of doubles. Thanks to her subtle technique playing she's losing less energy than other players. So, you want it or not, Aga will stay on top of the game
for a long time. May be longer than other contemporary Top 30 players. And, as you probably noticed, she's improving every year. It would be rather impossible if her body was
seriously damaged and her schedule wild.
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #17
country flag Asta

Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice Asta is just really nice
Re: Anyone thinks that Aga and Angelique could suffer from burning out after this sea

Kerber has shown us that today.
Asta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #18
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
All players who play a physical game and don't have a wise schedule will burn out and it's never pretty.
This.

Especially for someone like Kerber, whose game is almost crudely physical.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #19
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if either one of these two will have similar years next year, especially if they don't schedule differently (but I'm sure they won't).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #20
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future

I think Kerber definitely played too much this season. She only upped her fitness level like one year ago and played some insane physical tennis all season. Despite still winning, she looked exhausted in Cinn. already. Against Wozniacki, she didn't even care to get some balls well within her usual range.
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #21
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think with Kerber it's going to be difficult. Her game is built on the confidence she has right now. Jankovic was also very confident in 2007-2008 and had the same physical tennis-style. However, Jelena actually managed to go all the way in some big tournaments. I think given what a year Kerber played the failure of winning a big title stands out a bit. I mean she'll probably never play a season like this again. Ok, she won Copenhagen and Paris, but apart from that she lost the Finals of Cincinnati and the Semis of Indian Wells, Rome, Wimbledon and Tokyo... She should've won at least one of these tournaments. Those two straight set losses to Radwanska will definitely hurt for a while.
A-Bond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #22
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Kerber and Radwanska certainly played too many matches. Not that much in terms of tournament though. They scratch two minor events and they should be fine. Olympics are gone automatically. Copenhagen is gone from Kerber´s schedule, Radwanska won´t go to Kuala Lumpur again I assume. They should be fine. Besides Kerber is a bit older already and now is the time to cash in while you are hot. Wouldn´t be smart to hold back too much.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #23
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I think both are already showing signs of it. Time will tell though.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #24
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I think both are already showing signs of it. Time will tell though.
It is the end of the season. All players that win a lot of matches are tired. It might take a while for Radwanska or Kerber to decline (the way some hope), say another 18-24 months at least. They are not at the top level as long as JJ, so the risk of mental/physical fatigue and decline are smaller. They are not as limited as Wozniacki offensively, so they should be able to withstand new tactics better as long as they develop their games. The competition isn´t exactly earth-shattering, if you look at the bottom end of the top 20. Robson is the only youngster that is threatening to break through otherwise same old same old.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote