Maria returns to action in Beijing :) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:10 PM   #16
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Maria returns to action in Beijing :)

Kiri got a wildcard for the tournament of champions in Sofia, Bulgaria

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM   #17
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice

great news on the wildcard! she really need the opportunity for some extra points.
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM   #18
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Super tiebreak in Maria's doubles match. Come on Maria/Petrova.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM   #19
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria/Petrova win 6-3 3-6 10-6. Good job Maria/Petrova. The match was 1 hour 27 minutes long.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:45 AM   #20
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Maria/Petrova win 6-3 3-6 10-6. Good job Maria/Petrova. The match was 1 hour 27 minutes long.
great, kiri/nadia!!!

but it was a really close one!

maria/nadia saved 11 of 13 bp's (85%), JJ and petko 3 of 5 (60%)
and total points won: 60 to 62

so apparently they did great on the big points

next are grönefeld/peschke, DAVAI KIRI/NADIA

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #21
country flag Protoss

Another day, another super tiebreak for Maria/Petrova. Please win the super tiebreak Maria/Petrova.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #22
country flag Protoss

Yay!!!! Maria/Petrova win 7-6 (5) 6-7 (4) 10-6. Good job Maria/Petrova. The match was 2 hours 21 minutes long.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #23
country flag peterlein

YEAAHHHH, maria and nadia are in the semis

another close win, just like yesterday...

they saved 12 of 15 bp's (grönefeld/peschke 4 of 7) and won 91 of 184 (49 %) points

next are Kops-Jones/Spears or Makarova/Vesnina

DAVAI girls!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #24
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

The match was really close. It's only doubles but I guess it's good for Maria's confidence.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #25
country flag peterlein

kiri/petrova's contender for the last spot at the YEC, Kops-Jones/Spears, lost their QF!

so makarova/vesnina next for maria/nadia! good luck girls!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #26
country flag peterlein

no chance today for kiri/nadia, they lost 4-6 and 5-7

it wasn't even that close as it looks, they had no single breakpoint during the whole match
they just won 50 of 117 points (43%), but again they saved 71% of the bp's (5 of 7)

so will they play doubles in moscow too?

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #27
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
no chance today for kiri/nadia, they lost 4-6 and 5-7

it wasn't even that close as it looks, they had no single breakpoint during the whole match
they just won 50 of 117 points (43%), but again they saved 71% of the bp's (5 of 7)

so will they play doubles in moscow too?
My guess would be yes. Besides the YEC angle, I think they'd want to maximize their playing time in front of their home crowd by playing doubles as well as singles.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #28
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

SFs in Beijing is a great result, considering Maria's been injured and Nadia was definitely exhausted. Hope they do great in Moscow so they don't get pipped out of Istanbul by that Tier IV team
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #29
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
SFs in Beijing is a great result, considering Maria's been injured and Nadia was definitely exhausted. Hope they do great in Moscow so they don't get pipped out of Istanbul by that Tier IV team
Exactly. Clearly they're one of the top 4 teams and it would be ridiculous if they didn't make it.

They're up 322 now, but they don't play this week and in Osaka that other team is No. 1 seed and could get up to 280 points or even 200 for just the final, and be a lot closer headed to Moscow (though I have no idea whether the other team plays Moscow or Luxembourg.)
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #30
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
My guess would be yes. Besides the YEC angle, I think they'd want to maximize their playing time in front of their home crowd by playing doubles as well as singles.
Is Kiri playing Moscow? If so she should only be playing singles. Time for Kiri to focus on singles in 2013 so she can make a real run at the top 10. Kiri and Nadia are a good doubles team but they struggle in finals and big matches. I would just as soon have Maria rest up and then start training for 2013 rather than work so hard to make the doubles YEC. But I know most posters here want Kiri in Istanbul so I hope you get your way. But part of me would rather have to resting up for 2013. I think Kiri played so much tennis during the summer that she's worn out in the fall.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote