Donna Vekic - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #2386
country flag AS_Mitchell

AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
She will play week 22 oct.
$100K at Poiters, France?

Currently shown as number 1 seed for Qualifying. One withdrawal and into the main draw.

That shows the difference in strength between tournaments in Europe and the Far East. Next week in China Donna's likely to be seeded 3. In France she's not even in the main draw!
AS_Mitchell is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2387
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

She's into entry lists of 5 or 6 tournaments that week But yeah, Poitiers is the first priority.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #2388
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna should be flying out to China tomorrow
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #2389
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here I am being interviewed by Eurosport for a show on Women's tennis. The programme will be aired on the channel during the WTA Masters in Istanbul later this month. I'm looking forward to flying out to China tomorrow for the $100k tournament in Suzho.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #2390
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to glance at the points Donna has been earning this year and last, and how they're distributed.

In the first half of 2011 she won just around 20 points.
In the second half of 2011 it was about 90 points.

In the first half of this year she got roughly 150.
In the second half she so far earned around 350 (and counting).

In other words, she defended all of her 2011 points in the first half of the year alone, and added some more. I know she can't do this well all the time and she'll run into a brick wall or two along the way, but so far things are looking great. If there are no major setbacks, she should become our 2nd youngest player ever to reach top 100 (after Lucic, who was just 15 back in '97).

Good luck in China!
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #2391
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
In the first half of 2011 she won just around 20 points.
In the second half of 2011 it was about 90 points.

In the first half of this year she got roughly 150.
In the second half she so far earned around 350 (and counting).

In other words, she defended all of her 2011 points in the first half of the year alone, and added some more.
And she defended all her points from 2011 second half and 2012 first half in the second half of this year, and added some more.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #2392
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Or we can say that in the last 3 months she earned more points than during her whole career up to that point (almost 2 years)
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #2393
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZhL9e6ccuI&feature=plcp

David Felgate delighted by Donna Vekic's progress in 2012 (an interview with David Felgate)
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #2394
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

She will not play pointiers, to many good players in europe... weak $50,000 Saguenay is on schedule.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #2395
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

and after Canada she will play challenger in India !
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #2396
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
If there are no major setbacks, she should become our 2nd youngest player ever to reach top 100 (after Lucic, who was just 15 back in '97).
You mean third youngest after Lucic and Majoli.
Majoli as 15 yearold played 4th round of Roland Garros where she troubled Graf, surely she was top 100 then already?!?
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2397
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
and after Canada she will play challenger in India !
Ther is 10k only on schedule in India(Kolkata). I don't see any stronger tournament there. She will play something else after Canada probably.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #2398
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Ther is 10k only on schedule in India(Kolkata). I don't see any stronger tournament there. She will play something else after Canada probably.
There is WTA challenger in Delhi, India in week of November 5 with prize money of $125,000, so she will probably play there!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #2399
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
You mean third youngest after Lucic and Majoli.
Majoli as 15 yearold played 4th round of Roland Garros where she troubled Graf, surely she was top 100 then already?!?
Right, that's probably true, but I can't find info about Majoli's exact ranking movements over the years, except the year-end rankings on the ITF website which cover only the time from '97 onwards.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #2400
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Majoli entered top 100 in September of 1992 after reachin R2 of the US Open. 15 years and one month old.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread