You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you.. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #91
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
- When you have convinced yourself that being called a troll is a compliment
fixed
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #92
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

- When you search for negative posts about your fav so you can start defending them
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #93
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Nice thread indeed. Several of these apply to me, at least partially. Because of tennis I can point out Serbia on a map and I regularly lack of sleep. I do have favorites out of the TOP 200 and I am able to write names in languages ​​I dont even know by name.

To the answers already listed, I would add:

When you join a website in a language you do not speak fluently just to be able to share about your favorite sport
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #94
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

When you tell yourself to stop being so pressed in everyday situations.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #95
country flag Coconut91

Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future Coconut91 has a brilliant future

When you spend your fave's matches switching channels desperately because you're too nervous to watch.

When you have fun creating sims after tennis players

Last edited by Coconut91 : Oct 5th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Coconut91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #96
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute

- I used to type Dear Justine to my male boss Justin, in almost all my emails.
- When my fave hit a purple patch in a match, I dont move a muscle because if I do, I believe they'll come to a stop.
- Get really pissed when someone says "he just won a game" at 15-0 when it's actually a point.
- Get uber frustrated when you are desperate to know the score (back when smart phones did not exist) and you call your mum and ask her to check the score on TV and she does not know how to read it! ARGHHH!
- When you get the hiccups and then think of a devastating loss your fave had at the hands of your most hated player and your hiccups stop.
- When you defend your most hated player when a non-tennis fan criticizes her
- When you able to recall names of cities at the drop of a hat simply because a tournament is played there
- Get ultra irritated when people pronounce tennis players’ name wrong.
- Use TF emoticons in everyday life and wonder why it doesn't appear the way it should.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #97
country flag Windjammer

Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice

Opening more than one stream, so when one stops, you watch the other one.
Windjammer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #98
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
- When you watch almost EVERY video of your fav players on youtube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
- When you stay up until 6am in the morning during a rain delay waiting for play to be cancelled, dead tired but afraid that play could resume and you would miss it
- When upstairs neighbors get pissy about your middle of the night shouting and think you want to wind them up if you tell them it's because of a women's tennis match
OMG sooo much life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
- When you spend so many hours just looking at numbers (scoreboard).
- When you sometimes don't want to take a look at the scoreboard when your fav is playing a big game and facing break points.
- When you scream at the TV as hard as you can whenever your fav wastes 5678909876 break points.
- When your fav loses a very close match or a big match at any GS, you feel empty.
This. The worst part of it is that you can't say why you're angry or sad, cause nobody knows who is your fave and what is tennis at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
When you type the letter "g" in your address bar and the first results is not Google but "general Messages - TennisForum.com" (that's what happened on my laptop a couple of days ago - and I use Google A LOT )
Then it's a little too creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
When I hear about a random city in a non-tennis context and remember that an ITF is played there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
-If the first thing you do when turning on the TV the next morning is going on ES teletext 130-132 to look for the results you missed during sleep

-If following a close match on scoreboard is more nervwrecking than watching the actual match, because you feel hopeless if you can't support your fave or know what's going on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
this, but my eurosport teletext I dead, so I go 697 on croatian teletext
I woke up and first thing I do is turning on TV on a czech sport channel, turning the teletext on 756 page and checking all the tennis scores And I do it allways before going to sleep

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #99
country flag Windjammer

Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice Windjammer is just really nice

Oh, and hammering the refresh button non-stop on live-score pages
Windjammer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #100
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyliciousKhat View Post
You get annoyed if any dare to call you when one of your faves playing and you're nervous.
You can't eat or relax until your fave has won his/her match
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
- When you tell yourself to stop being so pressed in everyday situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta View Post
- When my fave hit a purple patch in a match, I dont move a muscle because if I do, I believe they'll come to a stop.
- When you able to recall names of cities at the drop of a hat simply because a tournament is played there
- Get ultra irritated when people pronounce tennis players’ name wrong.
- Use TF emoticons in everyday life and wonder why it doesn't appear the way it should.
All these.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #101
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
This. The worst part of it is that you can't say why you're angry or sad, cause nobody knows who is your fave and what is tennis at all
So true. No one I know personally can know how I feel when my fav loses a very close match because none of them are tennis fans to begin with.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #102
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
When your friend's being a jackass and you accuse him of trolling
I often find colloquial TF language drifting into my everyday vocabulary with friends too.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #103
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #104
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky~skanketta View Post
This It goes beyond staying still for me though. I believe the volume of the TV and placement of objects in the room have something to do with the way my fave is playing. I change the volume/move things around until they start playing well again

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #105
country flag DigitalCipher

DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light DigitalCipher is a glorious beacon of light

When TF browser is never closed on your phone for quicker access...
DigitalCipher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote