You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you.. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #31
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You know you are an obsessed tennis fan when you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
- lock yourself into a dark room with pics of your favorite player to...'relax'.

- kiss your live-size poster of your fave every day in the morning and before going to bed.

- you're having thoughts about ways to get rid of your fave's boyfriend so you can start a wonderful relationship with her.

PS.: Neither of these statements apply to me. I swear.
Mike81?
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #32
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

When you type the letter "g" in your address bar and the first results is not Google but "general Messages - TennisForum.com" (that's what happened on my laptop a couple of days ago - and I use Google A LOT )
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #33
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

... when you wake up in the middle of the night with the perfect put-down for that asshole who insulted your fave, and can't get back to sleep until you've logged on and posted it. Only to find that the mods have already closed the thread
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #34
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

These apply to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
- When you skip very important lessons just because you want to see your fave play aqainst unknown scrub in a 1st round of any tournement.
I'm not a player fan so that doesn't apply to me. But only some mandatoory tasks may make me not to watch slam semis and finals. And I may skip lectures if there are interesting matches, another Rafa v. Rosol would be as much a must-see than a slam final.

Quote:
- Staying awake during the AO so you won't miss anything of it or reorganize your daily schedule before the AO.
I go to bed as early as possible and wake up as early as possible.

And during USO I try to sleep a bit after school has ended before the play starts, so that I can watch matches a bit later.

Quote:
- When you meet someone who isn't a really tennis fan but when he/she just mentions a name of a famous tennis player, then you immediately start talking with him/her about your fav players, their play style, how awesome your fav players are and how much you love tennis in general and he/she is like "WTF is wrong with this guy".
When somebody starts talking about tennis, nothing stops me.

Quote:
- When you refuse to go out with your friends because you want to watch a Radwanska/Wozniacki match.
No matter who are playing, if there's an interesting match, I rather watch it alone than go out with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
See 'TF' and think of TF
This. And somebody mentioning pics brought David "Pics" Ferrer (MTF joke) to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
- When you stay up until 6am in the morning during a rain delay waiting for play to be cancelled, dead tired but afraid that play could resume and you would miss it
This.

Quote:
- When upstairs neighbors get pissy about your middle of the night shouting and think you want to wind them up if you tell them it's because of a women's tennis match
I try not to disturb neighbours but sometimes I just have to shout: COME ON!!!

And I don't anymore keep the remote controller in my hand while watching tennis, I've dropped it many times when and epic fail happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
- When your fav loses a very close match or a big match at any GS, you feel empty.
Two losses have been extremely annouying for me, another in tennis. Finland losing ice hockey Olympic final in 2006, and Federer losing Olympic final this summer, both were kind of now-or-never matches. And in general whenever my favourite has a now-or-never chance to achieve something big, and fails to do it, I feel empty.

And I want to add one more:

- When the first thing that comes to your mind of a city is a MM tournament.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #35
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

All of the above, and...

you've actually cried because of your fave.

you look at pretty women who are not tennis players and think "she'd be cute if her thighs were a little meatier." (I expect the same might apply to guys, but I'm not sure).

you watch interviews with your faves in Russian/Czech/Swedish even though you don't speak any of those languages.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #36
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
This. And somebody mentioning pics brought David "Pics" Ferrer (MTF joke) to my mind.
This. Every damn time I see this word

-when you like to drink out of two different bottles, preferably one with water and one with a colored beverage, because it makes you feel like a tennis pro.

PS.: Great thread btw.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #37
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
When you type the letter "g" in your address bar and the first results is not Google but "general Messages - TennisForum.com" (that's what happened on my laptop a couple of days ago - and I use Google A LOT )
Yep, same happens here. I only access Google via the search field in Safari though, don't know if it counts the vists that way

It's the same for a bunch of other letters as well:

c brings up Caro's forum first
s the German sub forum
v Vikaland

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #38
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
you look at pretty women who are not tennis players and think "she'd be cute if her thighs were a little meatier."
Until now I never realized I did this. But I do
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #39
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

-If the first thing you do when turning on the TV the next morning is going on ES teletext 130-132 to look for the results you missed during sleep

-If following a close match on scoreboard is more nervwrecking than watching the actual match, because you feel hopeless if you can't support your fave or know what's going on there.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #40
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

When I hear about a random city in a non-tennis context and remember that an ITF is played there
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #41
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
When I hear about a random city in a non-tennis context and remember that an ITF is played there
True, best way to learn geography! Actually you can be proud of it!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #42
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caralenko View Post
Mike81?
Miffedmax
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #43
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

You scream davai, idemo and adje to pump yourself up when you're studying
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #44
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

When you grunt adje when playing tennis...

When you randomly say "ow-wooh" Vika styley during the day...

When you spin a prince racket at the start of your match and the options are Dementieva or Petrova,Or Dani or Patty...
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Koukalova, The Other Czechs,
Kerber, Sharapova, Keys, Townsend, Paszek, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #45
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Pools View Post
Miffedmax
Lena is too pure and wholesome!

Also add to the list:

You root for a sports team you have no connection to because your favorite's boyfriend/hubby plays for them--like maybe the Sabres/Thrashers/SKA for example.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote