Beijing R3: Kerber def Wozniacki 61 26 64 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #46
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future
Re: Beijing R3: Kerber def Wozniacki 61 26 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
This was a very entertaining match.
Wozniacki even hit forehand winners.

I thought this said "forehead winners" and I was thinking, yeah....that kinda makes sense...
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #47
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbury View Post
Rockbottomniacki vs peak kerber and it still was so close.
are you serious?

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #48
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

The better pusher version (Pusha) won!!

And no, I didn't see the match.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #49
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

NID.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #50
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
The better pusher version (Pusha) won!!

And no, I didn't see the match.
Angie a pusher?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #51
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #52
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
Angie a pusher?!

Not sure Excelsior's comment holds any weight, considering he himself mentioned he didn't see the match.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #53
country flag jasonwright25

jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all jasonwright25 is a name known to all

Quote:
Angie a pusher?!

Yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment. They can call Angie whatever they want but she's a winner. Love her fight.
jasonwright25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #54
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Angie a pusher?!

Are you kidding me? Generally speaking yes!

She may hit more flat than Wozniaki. I'll give you that. But Kerber has an fugly forehand, and awful serve (both first and second), and though she can hit sneaky winners, she's mostly a retriever against the hard hitters. Sometimes she plays more aggressive than not. But when she tired or resting, she can get awfully passive.

I like her game sometimes. Occasionally it can be spectacular. And at other times it can get quite boring. And that serve can be absolutely dreadful.

So yes, you can call her a pusher. I didn't see the match, but I guess against Wozniaki she could be more aggressive.

Last edited by Excelscior : Oct 4th, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #55
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Angie
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #56
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Are you kidding me? Generally speaking yes!

She may hit more flat than Wozniaki. I'll give you that. But Kerber has an fugly forehand, and awful serve (both first and second), and though she can hit sneaky winners, she's mostly a retriever against the hard hitters. Sometimes she plays more aggressive than not. But when she tired or resting, she can get awfully passive.

I like her game sometimes. Occasionally it can be spectacular. And at other times it can get quite boring. And that serve can be absolutely dreadful.

So yes, you can call her a pusher. I didn't see the match, but I guess against Wozniaki she could be more aggressive.
Completely wrong.

Yes, Kerber struggles to generate her own pace, just look at her struggles against Errani. But, she's more of a counterpuncher in the classic sense, like peak Jankovic. She likes pace to redirect.

It's ridiculous how much the words counterpuncher and pusher have gotten muddled on this board courtesy of the Wozniacki era.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #57
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Completely wrong.

Yes, Kerber struggles to generate her own pace, just look at her struggles against Errani. But, she's more of a counterpuncher in the classic sense, like peak Jankovic. She likes pace to redirect.

It's ridiculous how much the words counterpuncher and pusher have gotten muddled on this board courtesy of the Wozniacki era.
I get what you're saying. However, my characterization wasn't completely off.

The reason why I called her a pusher (besides mild trolling), is because her serve is horrendous and no threat. And despite the fact she counter punches, she's still susceptible of getting blown off the court and playing very passive--retrieving a whole lot more than she should many times. Kerber is a sneaky counter puncher. I've also seen her scared when she's overwhelmed, knowing she doesn't have the weapons when she's playing a hard hitter or shotmaker that's having a good day. We've all seen that.

Nonetheless (to your response), that's why I said "the Better Version Won", which Kerber is over Wozniaki. She's the better model.

Now whether or not she'll have the level of success that Wozniaki did (albeit in this apparently tougher era), remains to be seen? Wozniaki, maybe more mentally tough.

Unless Da Times Are A Changing, don't let her 39 winners against Woz fool you. But good for her! Excellent year. And bad timing by me.

Last edited by Excelscior : Oct 4th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #58
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber had 39 winners

mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #59
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Caro At least she played well enough to win a set.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #60
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

I still wonder what playing style Kerber has. She is so different in every match! She can push extremely well, as well attack and be offensive
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote