Venus and Serena trying to qualify for YEC? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #16
country flag Serena = GOAT

Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all Serena = GOAT is a name known to all
Re: Venus and Serena trying to qualify for YEC?

Nobody in their right mind cares about doubles, though
Serena = GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #17
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena = GOAT View Post
This.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #18
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
A lot of teams switch around because they just play with friends, whoever can get them in AND know they have no chance of making YEC. If the YEC was top 8 then a lot of teams would stay together and make a push. Like Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez aren't playing together for the rest of the season because they know they won't make YEC. If it were 8 teams, a lot of teams would stick together and there would be slightly better teams going to the YEC than what the current race shows.

And I completely agree that it needs to become 8. It doesn't even need to be Round Robin. Can just be knockout. Stretch it out across the week. Thursday - 2 matches. Friday - 2 matches. Saturday - SFs. Sunday - Final. Singles starts Tuesday and Doubles starts Thursday. I mean 690 points for showing up? 1050 points for winning one match? 1500 for winning 2 matches? Give me a break.
Agree completely. In the current format, they need to reduce the points by half at least or more. 345 for SF, 525 for F and 750 for the champion.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM   #19
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
A lot of teams switch around because they just play with friends, whoever can get them in AND know they have no chance of making YEC. If the YEC was top 8 then a lot of teams would stay together and make a push. Like Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez aren't playing together for the rest of the season because they know they won't make YEC. If it were 8 teams, a lot of teams would stick together and there would be slightly better teams going to the YEC than what the current race shows.

And I completely agree that it needs to become 8. It doesn't even need to be Round Robin. Can just be knockout. Stretch it out across the week. Thursday - 2 matches. Friday - 2 matches. Saturday - SFs. Sunday - Final. Singles starts Tuesday and Doubles starts Thursday. I mean 690 points for showing up? 1050 points for winning one match? 1500 for winning 2 matches? Give me a break.
I totally agree.

690 points for making the flight. It really adds a HUGE amount of points to a team that barely qualifies over the #5 team for not much extra work.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM   #20
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha ... More & more we realize all that is wrong with the WTA (especially in the fall season)
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM   #21
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena = GOAT View Post
That's not true. Most people who watch tennis on television are also club-level players like myself, and we play more doubles than singles.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #22
country flag TheLegendof

TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future

I care about doubles and I don`t even play! (wish I did, though)
TheLegendof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #23
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
This.
Well your profile pic cares about doubles, i think she withdrew in singles at a time and played doubles. i believe it was olympics.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote