Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 286 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #4276
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
If Caro didn't care, she wouldn't have gone to the trouble of hiring Thomas J. and embarking on changes she knew would prove embarrassing in the short term, and spending hour after hour on the practice court.
Then why doesn't she continue with him? Makes no sense either...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #4277
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Caro is now 34-25 (58%) this year after Beijing in sets that are 6-4, 7-5, or 7-6.

Caro was 44-32 (58%) in those sets in 2009 and 38-17 (69%) in 2010.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #4278
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
The question really is: Why did she make these changes, that have so many of you thinking she's going to slink off into retirement?
When she lost to Cibulkova at Wimbledon 2011, she was holding 9 titles & #1 by 3000 points.
Why make drastic changes? Why put yourself in this situation without going with your best stuff?

Its almost like she planned to ruin her career. That decision to give away her consistency makes no sense now, and made no sense then
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #4279
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The question really is: Why did she make these changes, that have so many of you thinking she's going to slink off into retirement?
I think she's looking for a quick fix to her problems. Tried Sanchez, didn work..broken up. Tried Johansson, didn't work, back to daddy. All within a 12-month period. If we buy into the mystery coach theory she has had three different coaches during the past 12 months!

She's willing to try something new because she obviously realized she was regressing but she's not willing to go the length required to make changes click. That's why I'm afraid retirement could become an option in her head, because she's exhausting her options...the problem is, she's doing it way too quickly.

Most top players have been with their coaches for a long-time, nothing comes easy or quickly. Sharapova sucked for months after she returned with Hogstedt, Sumyk needed years to shape Vika into the player she is today... it all takes time.

Caro just doesn't seem to have the patience for anything long term anymore and that's worrying because it leads me to believe she's not thinking long-term anymore.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #4280
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
If Caro didn't care, she wouldn't have gone to the trouble of hiring Thomas J. and embarking on changes she knew would prove embarrassing in the short term, and spending hour after hour on the practice court.
That's rather weak argumentation imho.

TJ is at best a part time coach. When things for both of them allow and are convenient, they train a bit together. Nothing more. Nothing less.

If we are to believe, she's planning on moving to US and live with Rory, even more so a part timer.

Changing style started well before TJ. It started more than a year ago (as I know you also know).

Come to think of it, I can make the argument that hiring a part timer as coach, is exactly a sign that a player isn't really committed 100% #devilsadvocate

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #4281
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think she's looking for a quick fix to her problems. Tried Sanchez, didn work..broken up. Tried Johansson, didn't work, back to daddy. All within a 12-month period. If we buy into the mystery coach theory she has had three different coaches during the past 12 months!

She's willing to try something new because she obviously realized she was regressing but she's not willing to go the length required to make changes click. That's why I'm afraid retirement could become an option in her head, because she's exhausting her options...the problem is, she's doing it way too quickly.

Most top players have been with their coaches for a long-time, nothing comes easy. She just doesn't seem to have the patience for anything long term anymore.
You thought she was regressing?
I thought her 2011 clay season was good, except for the loss to Dani, where she was probably a little spent from Brussels. Thats a mistake if you want fresh legs at a major.
But I was looking forward to the post Wimbledon 2011-Miami 2012 hardcourt.
So I was shocked by all the reckless forehands, the losses and inconsistency, especially at Premier 5's where she couldnt win a match.
I still was expecting a rebound this year. Now its over a year, like everyone else, I accept that this is her current level
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #4282
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Come to think of it, I can make the argument that hiring a part timer as coach, is exactly a sign that a player isn't really committed 100% #devilsadvocate
That's the problem. Since last summer, she wants to have it all and her results are proof that this is not the right mindset for a professional tennis player.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #4283
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
You thought she was regressing?
Yeah, I think after Miami and the RG & Wimbledon losses, her camp became aware that she was in trouble in the long run.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #4284
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Who says she isn't. Thomas J is hinting that he's ready to travel more. He was hired in the middle of the season, when he'd already made quite a few plans for the year.

Let's see what happens when the season't over before we jump to hasty conclusions.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #4285
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

We will know more when the next Caro pics shows up, if she's in Sweden training or in Scottland...

Edit: Rory don't play in Scottland so dunno where he is.....

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums

Last edited by Jorn : Oct 4th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4286
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Given that Caro has played 3 weeks in a row I think it's reasonable that she take a couple of days off before training again. Hopefully those days off don't involve golf courses though.

Assuming Caro does play Moscow I hope that she can build upon her match with Kerber. When Caro's played good matches this year she's tended to not followup on that match and regress a lot from that match.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #4287
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Rory M. will play in Turkey next week from Oct. 9th and Turkish Airways are the big sponsor so likely Caroline will be there also...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #4288
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kerber just played too good today. Sad my run in China had to come to an end but looking forward to heading to Moscow for the Kremlin Cup!
http://www.facebook.com/CarolineWozniacki

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #4289
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Given that Caro has played 3 weeks in a row I think it's reasonable that she take a couple of days off before training again. Hopefully those days off don't involve golf courses though.

Assuming Caro does play Moscow I hope that she can build upon her match with Kerber. When Caro's played good matches this year she's tended to not followup on that match and regress a lot from that match.
Yes. I'd expect Caro to play Moscow because she asked for a wild card and got it and now to turn it down would be bad. Unlike some players, I've not known Caro not to keep her committements unless impossible with injury. So I hope she does keep her committment and also really tries to play well there.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #4290
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's going to play. Moscow and Sofia are last two chances to get back to top 10 before the end of the season so I doubt she won't use them. She needs to get more wins under her belt,right now she probably must be feeling pretty down. And it'd be nice to take home at least one more trophy this year.

I don't see her retiring anytime soon. She's not the first player to lose her spark for a while. Next year will be challenging for her because whereas in the past she didn't really have a reason to change things in her game now she definitely has it. She took a gamble with all the changes she decided to try to implement in her game and it did not work out. I'm curious to see what will be her reaction on that in 2013- will she continue with developing attacking game or will she go back to the style based more on defense?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread