Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 285 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #4261
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I hope she skips Sofia even if it means 0 points in her ranking. There is no point in playing there. Make up some random injury excuse.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #4262
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

If she had a proper coach I would say skip Sofia and prepare carefully. But with Piotr it's more of the same so it dosen't really make much of a difference I guess.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #4263
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think she should keep playing. Moscow, Sofia, even a 100K in the offseason, if the rules allow her to play.
She is broken down mentally, something she did to her self by becoming an inconsistent player who doesnt win, and she needs to play, not hang with Rory.
She needs every match she can get.
Forget majors, she's terrible at them now. She needs wins, even if its at challenger level
You actually make a good point.

My initial reaction to today's loss was : I hope she'll now drop that Moscow nonsense and Sofia too ... then again, if that just means she'll revert to being a golfing WAG and hang around on golf courts, playing both Moscow and Sofia, will be an advantage for her tennis ..

I don't know. I personally still feel there's a big question mark hanging over her whole commitment and desire. I hope it doesn't happen right now, but I will not be surprised, if Caro 'suddenly' calls the 'I am retiring' press conference ..

Them babies aren't going to make themselves, you know .. and they also need a mummy to look after them.

Edit: One could also speculate Adidas isn't feel to sure about her either. They haven't extended her contract yet.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #4264
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Caro may goto Sweden now and train with Thomas, one said in a danish Caro group.

But my guess she prefer to hang out in Scottland where Rory plays

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #4265
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

I don't know. I personally still feel there's a big question mark hanging over her whole commitment and desire. I hope it doesn't happen right now, but I will not be surprised, if Caro 'suddenly' calls the 'I am retiring press conference' ..
Yep, like I said before, I wouldn't put a terribly big amount of money on her being still on the tour in 2014.

In interviews she's still too happy with where she's at and where she's been, you don't get the feeling that she considers her career to be as incomplete as it really is.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #4266
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She could easily quit on the year now. How does that help?
She needs a full time coach. Someone who will constantly be trying to explain why she lost and what she has to do in these key situations that she doesnt play well in.
To me, this is all about changes in her game that she cant do. She has to play to her strengths and build slowly on that.
The problem, which is huge, is that the old style of play is gone now. She just cant make pressure shots, like the overhead vs Aga, or this match at 44
Mentally, she's not the player she was. She has to keep winning to get that mental part back, and she needs smart coaching, which she hasnt been getting

I agree with Jimmie48. She's going to need full mental committment to tennis, and even thats no guarantee.
But everything we see is not full committment.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #4267
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Yep, like I said before, I wouldn't put a terribly big amount of money on her being still on the tour in 2014.
Maybe she'll give it one more season and if 2013 is like 2012, she'll pack it up .. or let me put it this way : Assuming she does continue to play, if 2013 is not an improvement over 2012, I don't personally expect her to be on the tour in 2014 ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #4268
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please drop the retirement talk? Thanks.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #4269
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are underestimating Caro's will and fighting spirit. Caro is a fighter, she doesn't give up, so just because she has had a mediocre year she isn't going to retire anytime soon. She has some 4-5 good years ahead of her. She is the youngest player of her generation!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #4270
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
You guys are underestimating Caro's will and fighting spirit. Caro is a fighter, she doesn't give up, so just because she has had a mediocre year she isn't going to retire anytime soon. She has some 4-5 good years ahead of her. She is the youngest player of her generation!
She's also the most distracted when it comes to her private life.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #4271
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think she should keep playing. Moscow, Sofia, even a 100K in the offseason, if the rules allow her to play.
beating nobodies at 100k events will only give her a false confidence!
Only playing against top players will help her to imrove her game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I hope she skips Sofia even if it means 0 points in her ranking. There is no point in playing there. Make up some random injury excuse.
Agree! I think she should end her season now, take some time off and then start working hard on her game with Thomas or some new coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
but I will not be surprised, if Caro 'suddenly' calls the 'I am retiring' press conference ..

Them babies aren't going to make themselves, you know .. and they also need a mummy to look after them.
If her 2013 will be terrible, I can see it happening !

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #4272
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She could easily quit on the year now. How does that help?
She needs a full time coach. Someone who will constantly be trying to explain why she lost and what she has to do in these key situations that she doesnt play well in.
To me, this is all about changes in her game that she cant do. She has to play to her strengths and build slowly on that.
The problem, which is huge, is that the old style of play is gone now. She just cant make pressure shots, like the overhead vs Aga, or this match at 44
Mentally, she's not the player she was. She has to keep winning to get that mental part back, and she needs smart coaching, which she hasnt been getting

I agree with Jimmie48. She's going to need full mental committment to tennis, and even thats no guarantee.
But everything we see is not full committment.
I don't think ending the year now is helpful. She's got a chance to put in some more work on her game in actual matches and it's better than her following Rory around a golf course.

I don't think playing well in the pressure moments is really about the style of game. I'd say it's about confidence, focus, and shot selection.

Every player has a choice in pressure moments whether to play it safe or to go for it. Sometimes the safe approach is the right one and the opponent makes an error. Sometimes you get burned by it as the opponent hits a winner.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #4273
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I get the impression a lot of you think 2013 is make or break for whether she retires or not.
If thats true, it will be interesting to see how she plays it.

Because of Jankovic and Safina, there's not much pressure on Caro.
If she goes away, she's just another slamless #1 who disappeared
So she certainly has that option. I thought this whole year she's playing like she doesnt care enough. Retiring after next year would be a continuation of the past 12 months, where mentally, she is just not into it

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #4274
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

If Caro didn't care, she wouldn't have gone to the trouble of hiring Thomas J. and embarking on changes she knew would prove embarrassing in the short term, and spending hour after hour on the practice court.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #4275
country flag goldenlox

Actually, making changes are an excuse, if you lose.
Everybody is working on their games, experimenting with strings & rackets, a lot of players change coaches.

Hiring a part time coach who leaves for vacation after you lose 1st round at a major, and then you head to the golf course. 2 majors in a row. There's no way thats a sign of committment

But I dont know about retirement. Others of you see that. I see more of a Jankovic situation, keep the endorsements

Closed Thread