Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 284 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM   #4246
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I don't want to sound like a bad fan, but Kerber is 1.6 .. That is very generous imho. *Meeeep meeeep*
I'm not expecting a win either. But at least she's getting to these matches. This is 3rd top 10 player in her last 5 matches. As long as Caro really wants to win, she'll know she cant hit overheads straight down at her feet... and play smarter.
But for now, to keep getting to these matches is good
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:41 PM   #4247
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
But you missed all the fun.

Caro led 4-2 1st set and led 4-1 (double minibreak) and 5-2 (single minibreak) in the 1st set tiebreak but proceeded to lose the 1st set tiebreak 5-7. Caro actually had break points or game point in all of the 1st 6 games of the 1st set.

Caro was down 3-0 2nd set with Hsieh having 3 game points for 4-0. Caro broke for 1-3 2nd set and then 3-3 2nd set but faced break points in all her service games in the 2nd set except the 5-5 game. Caro started off the 2nd set tiebreak up a double minibreak at 3-0, got broken twice in a row to go to 3-2, broke twice for 5-2, got broken for 5-3, held for 6-3, and broke for 7-3.

More like you're the lucky one.
Well,falling down exhausted at work from lack of sleep is not my goal,even for sweet Caro.Yeah,I enjoy those matches and am glad to have watched them when they turn out fine in the end;obviously,it's more aggravating when Caro/whichever fave loses.This was just a question of the huge Mexico-Asia time difference making it hard to watch the match live

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM   #4248
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Any info on Caro's match against Hsieh in the Danish press?

This is about as much detail as I could find in english:

The No.10-seeded Wozniacki was given all she could handle from Hsieh, unable to hit through the Taiwanese's spins and angles for most of the match - she actually trailed a set and 3-0 at one point, even facing points for a 4-0 deficit in the second set, but she kept fighting and scraped by, 67(5) 76(3) 60.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2936693
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM   #4249
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nothing you wouldn't know already .. at least not that I've noticed. What we already know, such as : "Another long, hard match. Missed leads and set points .. blah blah" ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4250
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is about as much detail as I could find in english:

The No.10-seeded Wozniacki was given all she could handle from Hsieh, unable to hit through the Taiwanese's spins and angles for most of the match - she actually trailed a set and 3-0 at one point, even facing points for a 4-0 deficit in the second set, but she kept fighting and scraped by, 67(5) 76(3) 60.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2936693
I have yet to come across a match report that sounded like the writer was actually there and SAW the match. The 'descriptions' are just based on what you can tell from the scoreboard and the knowledge of how the players usually play.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #4251
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She has a good group of wins now, including Li.
But in the match she lost, she didnt play well & lost to a steadier player.
Now she gets another chance against a steady player, with Sharapova next.
So she can get a lot done this week that could help turn things around heading to 2013
Kerber is normally a good deal more aggressive than Caro and she was a lot more aggressive than Caro in their 2 matchups this year.

Caro had a little more than half the number of winners Kerber had in their Copenhagen match this year and had only about 55% of the forced points (winners and forced errors combined) as Kerber had. I was looking at stats for some of Caro's matches against Aga and Zvonareva and Caro's winner total was typically close to theirs and the % of forced points was usually close to or surpassing theirs.

Until Caro gets her offensive game working again I don't think she's gonna have much success against good defenders.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM   #4252
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Aga didnt play well last week in that match, even thou she beat Caro. Then Aga beat Kerber 61 61 then lost to Petrova.
I think Kerber is probably worn down from winning the most matches this year. Now is the time to play her.
But Caro has to play smarter than the loss to Aga

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #4253
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just as with Caro's last match,there's an early wake-up for me tomorrow so I won't be able to stay up and watch it....Am hoping to get similar good news when I awake.VAMOS,CAROLINA!!!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #4254
country flag goldenlox

Here's another match where she's 44 in the 3rd and loses.
Terrible year coming to an end.
Its about 14 months since she's been to any final besides Intls.
Almost 2 years since a Tier I final, over 3 years since her only slam final.

Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #4255
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

It's not been a terrible year. Disappointing for someone who had a 2011 like she did but overall she did have some good and some bad moments. There's still Moscow & Sofia. Hopefully Caro will find some form to get good wins there.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #4256
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Here's another match where she's 44 in the 3rd and loses.
You forgot 30 all and Kerber on a 2nd serve. Weak as you like, but Caro barely puts it in play and on top of that nets the 2nd ball (UE if there ever was one) ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #4257
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

She had two slam R1 losses..I think that pretty much qualifies as terrible for a player that started the year as #1.

The Serena match was the highlight of her year, Seoul was solid but somewhat to be expected. Other than that, the Olympics were solid. Her win over Li is a good one paper but a little less impressive if you look at how it played out.

Other than that there's not much to say really.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #4258
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Will she even play in Sofia now? But still she can try get some points in Moscow, if Marion don't win in Beijing... There's still the ALT spot in YEC to play for, and finish in TOP 10.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #4259
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Bartoli won't win Beijing for sure, there's no chance in hell she's beating both Vika and Sharapova/Kerber.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #4260
country flag goldenlox

I think she should keep playing. Moscow, Sofia, even a 100K in the offseason, if the rules allow her to play.
She is broken down mentally, something she did to her self by becoming an inconsistent player who doesnt win, and she needs to play, not hang with Rory.
She needs every match she can get.
Forget majors, she's terrible at them now. She needs wins, even if its at challenger level

Closed Thread