Are today's WTA teenagers breaking through? - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:55 AM   #61
country flag tsmile789

tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all
Re: Is the 1993-1996 generation about to breakthrough?

U can call them generation suck as u much as u want but they are the last teens to get into top 10 (aga, vika, caro), reach number 1(caro, vika), win slam (petra, vika), reach slam final (caro, aga) and reach multiple slam finals (vika). These girls from this generation is even crapier, sucker...
tsmile789 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:45 AM   #62
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmile789 View Post
U can call them generation suck as u much as u want but they are the last teens to get into top 10 (aga, vika, caro), reach number 1(caro, vika), win slam (petra, vika), reach slam final (caro, aga) and reach multiple slam finals (vika). These girls from this generation is even crapier, sucker...
They weren't teenagers when they did any of those things, except Wozniacki when she broke the top 10.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:34 AM   #63
country flag KBdoubleu

KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
They weren't teenagers when they did any of those things, except Wozniacki when she broke the top 10.
Azarenka and Radwanska were teenagers when they reached the top 10, too. Wozniacki was a teenager when she reached the finals of the US Open.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM   #64

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbw72688 View Post
Azarenka and Radwanska were teenagers when they reached the top 10, too. Wozniacki was a teenager when she reached the finals of the US Open.
I stand corrected. I'd like to think that Laura could break into the top 10 before she turns 20. That gives her until the end of January 2014. It'll be extremely tough but it's possible, I feel.

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:07 AM   #65
country flag tsmile789

tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all tsmile789 is a name known to all

Quote:
That's wat i said radwanaka, azarenka n wozniacki reached top 10 as a teen, besides generation suck are way ahead of the 93-96 generation by a LOT, compare to wat they've dine then compare to wat the new generation is doing now. Cos as a teen, these 3 were top 10 and winning titles (vika even won miami).
tsmile789 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:08 AM   #66
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmile789 View Post
Yep pretty much, the current 18-20 year olds are extremely poor. The age levels below are much more talented and will overtake them in a couple of years.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 04:09 AM   #67
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I stand corrected. I'd like to think that Laura could break into the top 10 before she turns 20. That gives her until the end of January 2014. It'll be extremely tough but it's possible, I feel.
Take it easy. She's had a good year but she's still only just got into top 50. I'd like to see her win her first title before making predictions about top 20 let alone top 10.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 05:39 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Take it easy. She's had a good year but she's still only just got into top 50. I'd like to see her win her first title before making predictions about top 20 let alone top 10.
Take it easy? I said it would be extremely tough, but I do think she is an amazing talent. I honestly don't think she'll make the top 10 before she's 20, but she's got as good a chance as any of her contemporaries.

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:01 PM   #69
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Yep pretty much, the current 18-20 year olds are extremely poor. The age levels below are much more talented and will overtake them in a couple of years.
The players from 1992 have been very disappointing. There have already been triple the amount of players from 1993 that reached the Top 100 while still a teen compared to that year. It will interesting if the likes of Stephens and Babos can head towards Top 20 next year to see if they could be real stars in the making, the jury is still out on them. I personally believe Robson is better than all the players from 93.

It's tough to say if players who are 16 and 17 will easily surpass the current 18-20 year olds. The three players in the list from 1995 appear to have already stalled somewhat and Vekic still appears to be an anomoly rather than the norm. It will be interesting to see if she can continue doing well or if she gets trapped in the #75-150 mark like Larcher de Brito did.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM   #70
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Ireland's top coach Garry Cahill expects Amy Bowtell will make the top 100 in a few years time, so keep fingers and toes crossed!
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:33 PM   #71
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

forgot to mention there that bowtell is from the 1993 generation
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:45 PM   #72
country flag DevilishAttitude

DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute DevilishAttitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Ireland's top coach Garry Cahill expects Amy Bowtell will make the top 100 in a few years time, so keep fingers and toes crossed!
Bowtell isn't even in the Top 500, let alone Top 250. She isn't anywhere close to any of the other players mentioned in this thread.
DevilishAttitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #73
country flag polly

bowtell is only starting out
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM   #74
country flag Marcoo

Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all Marcoo is a name known to all

Im not from that years, i wish i was :/
Marcoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM   #75
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Just no.