Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 03:58 AM   #1
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected

yeah, feel so sad for the wife and the kids, but the guy was mentally ill in the first place, maybe there are other reasons other than the election. IMO, the police should investigate more to find out if there are other motifs in the crime. Nevertheless, I bet the media will jump to this news like a piranha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-election.html
Quote:
Albert Peterson shot dead his wife and two sons hours after going to church because he dreaded the thought of Obama winning the election, a family friend has revealed.

A confidante of the family for the past 25 years has spoken to MailOnline about the strength and grace of the Peterson family, as well as the torment that plagued Albert which drove him to shoot dead his wife Kathleen and his two sons Christopher and Mathew at their suburban home in DC on Sunday.

A history of mental illness, the loss of a dear uncle, and a growing fear of Obama winning a second term in the White House took its toll on the mind of Mr Peterson, a wealthy defense contractor, the friend said.

Mr Peterson's life was punctuated by bouts of paranoia that became so severe
, he wallowed in his depression, gained weight, and contemplated taking his own life.

In one dark episode, after his mother died five years ago, his wife had to pull him from the brink of suicide.

Police have confirmed Mr Peterson's feelings toward politics were unusually passionate, but declined to speculate what precipitated the tragedy.

'We don’t know the motive in this tragic case,' Lucy Caldwell of the Fairfax Police Department said.

'We are aware that the father had strong political opinions but cannot speculate as to how those opinions related to this case. We will, most likely, never know exactly why this occurred.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz28CmoiER5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Also, credit to the youtube blogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQro...eature=g-all-u

-"Still On The Road"

Last edited by tennis-insomniac : Oct 3rd, 2012 at 04:06 AM.
tennis-insomniac is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 04:13 AM   #2
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected

I agree with the woman who posted the video.

This guy kills himself because of mental illness and financial pressure from being laid off.

It is said in the article that he is a tormented man.

NO, do not blame Obama for this.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 04:40 AM   #3
country flag Clay Death
Pray For Death

Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future Clay Death has a brilliant future

tragic. he could have spared the sons and the wife.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:21 AM   #4
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I agree with the woman who posted the video.

This guy kills himself because of mental illness and financial pressure from being laid off.

It is said in the article that he is a tormented man.

NO, do not blame Obama for this.
How could President Obama realistically be blamed for this? If anyone deserves blame it's the rabid right wing media machine led by Fox "News" and Rush Limbaugh for the reckless lies and skewed messaging they disseminate 24/7.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM   #5
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

More like Virginia man kills himself and family because of being fucking nuts.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM   #6
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

IMO the sleaze media knows that people are suckers. What else can explain leading off with "Albert Peterson shot dead his wife and two sons hours after going to church because he dreaded the thought of Obama winning the election, a family friend has revealed" and then following with what the quote from the" friend" which is totally different.

Quote:
A history of mental illness, the loss of a dear uncle, and a growing fear of Obama winning a second term in the White House took its toll on the mind of Mr Peterson, a wealthy defense contractor, the friend said.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #7
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

This man was straight-up mentally ill. So sad for his family, but no need to create conspiracies. Also, maybe the Daily Fail shouldn't be a go-to source.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:28 PM   #8
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
IMO the sleaze media knows that people are suckers. What else can explain leading off with "Albert Peterson shot dead his wife and two sons hours after going to church because he dreaded the thought of Obama winning the election, a family friend has revealed" and then following with what the quote from the" friend" which is totally different.
I really hope you have a seat on the first trip to colonize the moon, because there seems to be nothing on this Earth that you don't have a problem with.

JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM   #9
country flag jimskeuh

jimskeuh has disabled reputation

so sad to hear. The man was clearly not well.
jimskeuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 11:32 PM   #10
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Daily Mail? Nuff said. Worst rag out there.
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #11
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

wow that is sooo sad
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #12
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
tragic. he could have spared the sons and the wife.
The whole notion of suicide is notoriously selfish.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #13
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
yeah, feel so sad for the wife and the kids, but the guy was mentally ill in the first place, maybe there are other reasons other than the election. IMO, the police should investigate more to find out if there are other motifs in the crime. Nevertheless, I bet the media will jump to this news like a piranha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-election.html

Also, credit to the youtube blogger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQro...eature=g-all-u

Such a shame that these right wingers can be so crazy as to do something terrible like that.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #14
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mental illness doesn't have political affiliation
saint2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #15
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
Mental illness doesn't have political affiliation
^ Too True!

Also, suicide can seem selfish, ie the act can seem selfish BUT research shows the reason a lot of people kill themselves is because they feel they are a burden on their family.... in their warped mind a lot of them feel they are doing it for the love of their family not themselves. I use to think it was selfish too....... that was until pregnancy induced Major Depression. I can honestly say for some it has absolutely NOTHING to do with self absorption or selfishness. Everyone goes through depression every now and again. Please don't confuse 'situational' depression which almost everyone suffers from at some point in their life and 'clinical' depression. They are not the same animal.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote