Venus, Sharapova and Azarenka: Which would Stosur prefer to play in a slam final? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Venus, Sharapova and Azarenka: Which would Stosur prefer to play in a slam final?

Venus 19 27.54%
Sharapova 33 47.83%
Azarenka 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM   #46
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of
Re: Venus, Sharapova and Azarenka: Which would Stosur prefer to play in a slam final?

Vika definitely on slow clay. Sam has negative chances of winning against Venus or Maria when they are playing very well. Every one of Sam's strengths are a weakness against these three, but moreso for against Venus and Maria. Every match she played with Azarenka, Azarenka played well. Unfortunately for Venus and Maria, age has caught up with these two for playing at an elite level for so long early in their career. Vika's been pretty consistent so far (like Sharapova 2006 and Venus 2000 who were very consistent at the time).

Taking current form of the three into consideration, she's probably want to play Venus first, Maria then Vika. Inverse of this if we're talking about peak.

Last edited by SymphonyX : Oct 1st, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM   #47
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future
Re: Venus, Sharapova and Azarenka: Which would Stosur prefer to play in a slam final?

@ AO: Venus, currently the worst of those.
@ RG: Any of those, Sam's better clay courter than any of those, preferably Venus, worst clay courter of those.
@ SW19: Sam won't make a Wimby final, yet if she made, MaSha, worst grass courter of those.
@ USO: Venus, currently the worst of those.

But the best chance for Sam to win against one of those would be @ RG against Venus, or maybe MaSha. Against Venus, she'd be the clear favourite, and MaSha is the most likely to choke enough to allow choking Sam to win. And it'd most likely happen at RG because Sam is at her best against others on clay.
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM   #48
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

She wouldn't be the favorite in very many of those matches. If she got 4 straight with 1 player I give her the best chance of beating Azarenka but my next vote would have been Sharapova. If Venus is making GS finals she is demolishing Stosur on everything except maybe clay but even then if Venus played well enough to reach the final Sam Stosur is not going to beat her. Sure she stopped Serena in the 2011 USO Final but I think we witnessed the exception to her headcase in that match.
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:41 PM   #49
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
@ RG: Any of those, Sam's better clay courter than any of those, preferably Venus, worst clay courter of those.
@ SW19: Sam won't make a Wimby final, yet if she made, MaSha, worst grass courter of those.

But the best chance for Sam to win against one of those would be @ RG against Venus, or maybe MaSha. Against Venus, she'd be the clear favourite, and MaSha is the most likely to choke enough to allow choking Sam to win. And it'd most likely happen at RG because Sam is at her best against others on clay.
Sam would not be a favorite in a slam final against any of them on any surface.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:27 PM   #50
country flag TennisArt

TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold TennisArt is a splendid one to behold

The most interesting match-up would be Sam vs. Masha on grass and Sam vs. Vika on clay.
TennisArt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:21 AM   #51
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Umm I don't think Stosur would be the favorite against either player in a Grand Slam Final. They are all more clutch than her. If I had to choose one tho it would be Maria. Azarenka really showed me something in that US Open fianl against Serena(she should have won) And Against Venus please......

She has only beaten Venus once and that was on clay in Venus's 7th or 8th match back in a tournament where she was playing back to back days right after coming back from her illnes. In fact Sam has only won 3 sets of Venus her entire career. And had Venus not gotten tight in the 2nd Set of Cincinatti her only sets would have cam from Venus in that tired Charleston match.

Plus Venus had only lost in Grand Slam finals to 2 people. once to Hingis and all the other times to Serena. It would take a special player to beat her in a Grand Slam final!!!!
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:43 AM   #52
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Sharapova

The way she played Wimb 11 and AO 12 finals would favor Stosur.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:26 AM   #53
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
Obviously Sharapova

The way she played Wimb 11 and AO 12 finals would favor Stosur.
the way Sam plays Wimb and AO will definitely favor anyone , even Errani

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote