2012 Waatc - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #16
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Re: 2012 Waatc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
blue is the latest change
Make that purple as the doubles draw has now been filled in with locals

Did the ITA hire interns to make these draws?
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #17
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

from the preview section of the website;

'Singles semifinalists, doubles finalists and consolation champions will receive automatic entry into the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Nov. 8-11 in Flushing, N.Y.

Despite the fact that the top three ranked players in the 2012 Campbell/ITA Preseason Women’s Singles Rankings are missing from this year’s event,'

Did Capra also withdraw?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

'The doubles field at this year’s Riviera/ITA Women’s All-American Championships is equally as loaded, with the entire top ten from the Campbell/ITA Women’s Preseason Rankings entered into the event. The top four duos all hail from the Pac-12,'

I'd say it's better loaded than singles

Rank
Player 1
Player 2
School
Sabrina Santamaria
Kaitlyn Christian
USC
Courtney Dolehide
Pamela Montez
UCLA
Annie Goransson
Anett Schutting
California
Robin Anderson
Skylar Morton
UCLA
Emina Bektas
Brooke Bolender
Michigan
Samantha Adams
Kenna Kilgo
Texas Tech
Khunpak Issara
Lorraine Guillermo
Pepperdine
Natalie Beazant
Dominique Harmath
Rice
Stacey Tan
Ellen Tsay
Stanford
Nida Hamilton
Linda Abu Mushrefova
Northwestern
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #19
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

so like the team tournament, in which Will & Burdette's departure leveled the field.

anybody can win this
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #20
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Looks like they are doing a pretty good job posting the PQ scores on Twitter this year: https://twitter.com/PreQualies2012

No freshman even lost a set in the first 2 rounds of PQ singles, except Nauta losing to fellow frosh Collins in R2.

Looks like Collins, Borthwick, Elbaba, McPhillips were totally dominant. Really nice win for McPhillips especially taking out Kilborn, considering Liz picked up a couple of top 30 wins last weekend.
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #21
country flag CTSEMT

UF, UVA and Yale advanced 2 to the final round of PQs. All seeds were eliminated except #16 Stephens from Ole Miss.

Tomorrows matches:
Shine (LVL) vs Seideman (YALE)
Collins (UF) vs Begley (TEX)
Borthwick (FLA ST) vs DeSimone (USC)
McPhillips (UCLA) vs Peretz (UVA)
[16] Stephens (OM) vs Burgic (BAY)
Yu (YALE) vs Craig (UTAH)
Seaborne (IOWA) vs Janowicz (UF)
Elbaba (UVA) vs Nichols (TCU)

Guessing all of the freshmen will advance. The other 4 matches may be more interesting. Seaborne with the shot to beat both Cercone and Janowicz in the preseason. It's like she still plays for FSU
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #22
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Callie
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

still not revised;

How can Kyle play sgls and dbls at the same time, 9am?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #24
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Janowicz and Collins both advanced with wins today
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 01:58 AM   #25
country flag CTSEMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Janowicz and Collins both advanced with wins today
Yale also won both and DeSimone "upset" freshman Borthwick...I'm starting to think USC might be my preseason #1.

Elbaba continues to look scary good; she's lost only 4 games total in 3 matches here to go along with her domination of the UVA Invite.

I wonder when the Q draws will be out?
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 03:23 AM   #26
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
Yale also won both and DeSimone "upset" freshman Borthwick...I'm starting to think USC might be my preseason #1.

Elbaba continues to look scary good; she's lost only 4 games total in 3 matches here to go along with her domination of the UVA Invite.

And Borthwick was very impressive..DeSimone's wins at NCAA wasn't a fluke.

Posted today's recap on my blog as usual.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 01:05 PM   #27
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:

Maybe we can expect a rainbow-colored final version late in the day

Only you and me posting Is it because of the absence of Stanford players playing so far
There was a Stanford t-shirt present though
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Oct 1st, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

uploaded low quality pics on my blog, videos..will naturally take a while.
On the official website, Preview says Capra is absent but Selections still has her on the list.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:36 PM   #29
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:

Katie Le will be a real test for Julia, because yesterday;

Gold ITA Singles -- Semifinals

CAL Zsofi Susanyi[1] d. SC Katie Le[4] 6-2;5-7;6-3
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #30
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Freshmen managed to avoid each other in Q sgls draw, too bad. They all have reasonable chance to reach the MD, we'll see.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles