Ivanovic arm/figure comparison from 08 and now - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:41 AM   #31
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ivanovic arm/figure comparison from 08 and now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
I wish things had worked out with Gunthardt more than anything else. I really believed she was back after fall 2010.
It was a strange decision. She fired him because he couldn't be her full time coach and only few months after that she decides to work without a coach and the slump starts again. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
I do. I remember even during 2008 when she was in great shape many people on here talking about how "blocky" and big her body shape was. And I remember specifically many people comparing her to Maria's body type and saying Maria was so much thinner and had a nicer figure. This of course disregards the fact that Ana and Maria have different body types. Even at her peak Ana was considered chubby or even fat by a lot of people on TF, that's why this concern about her being so thin rings false to me. Maybe some people really care about it possibly effecting her game, but to a lot of people this is just another chance to body police a famous woman. Ana was too big, and now she's too small. The chances of her ever being just right to a lot of these people are non-existent.
Saying that she was fat in 2008 is hilarious. Someone may prefer slim women, but Ana is not a model, she's a tennis player and she's not there to please people who have some weird idea about how her body should look like. If her game was fine, if her fitness was OK in this moment, her weight wouldn't be discussed as much as it is now. Sure, some jerks would be bitching about the way she looks, but not her fans.

Quote:
And to clear up, I have no problem if people think Ana needs more muscle definition or whatever. But I have seen so many people call her anorexic or say they are "worried" about her health. Even if it is said jokingly, to suggest Ana has a mental disorder that kills people who suffer from it is disgusting. Neither is there any reason to "worry" about her health. Ana obviously isn't as good as she used to be, but she's still out there playing for hours at a time. Someone with anorexia is not going to have the strength to do something like that.
There are some people that are actually worried, including myself. Her shots are weaker, her fitness is a mess, she's getting thinner every day, I don't see how this weight loss benefits her game. Maybe she moves slightly better compared to 2008 (which I don't believe), but her defensive skills are limited, so moving a bit better isn't going to help if her main weapons are affected by this weight loss. The worst thing is that she constantly speaks about getting stronger and being more aggressive, but she's only shrinking. It's appropriate to ask if her diet is wrong and why she continues losing weight. It doesn't have to be an eating disorder now, but it can eventually lead to that if she doesn't stop with this mess.
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 05:45 AM   #32
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

The whole gluten free diet ... come on.
If you're not allergic, there's no point.

Besides, Djokovic became the fittest player ever in December 2010. He did more than eating salads.....
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 05:55 AM   #33
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Besides, Djokovic became the fittest player ever in December 2010. He did more than eating salads.....
I believe that you're suggesting something here, but it's hard to prove anything, so it's the best to continue discussing Ana unless we want to get banned.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM   #34
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do. I remember even during 2008 when she was in great shape many people on here talking about how "blocky" and big her body shape was. And I remember specifically many people comparing her to Maria's body type and saying Maria was so much thinner and had a nicer figure. This of course disregards the fact that Ana and Maria have different body types. Even at her peak Ana was considered chubby or even fat by a lot of people on TF, that's why this concern about her being so thin rings false to me. Maybe some people really care about it possibly effecting her game, but to a lot of people this is just another chance to body police a famous woman. Ana was too big, and now she's too small. The chances of her ever being just right to a lot of these people are non-existent.

And to clear up, I have no problem if people think Ana needs more muscle definition or whatever. But I have seen so many people call her anorexic or say they are "worried" about her health. Even if it is said jokingly, to suggest Ana has a mental disorder that kills people who suffer from it is disgusting. Neither is there any reason to "worry" about her health. Ana obviously isn't as good as she used to be, but she's still out there playing for hours at a time. Someone with anorexia is not going to have the strength to do something like that.
Well, TF members' aesthetic standards are impossible hard to please. If a player's physical appereance is not considered an abomination of nature, then she's at least clinically obese or has excessive facial hair.
However, Anci does have an unfortunate body shape which gives her a ''blocky'' appearance even though she's never been really overweight. She's a big-boned girl whose body can never look model-like. Now that she's lost so much weight, she actually looks better as a photo-shoot material, but considering her build, she indeed looks too thin for a professional athlete. Especially considering the fact that her main weapon has always been whacking the serve and the FH as hard as she can, I don't see how this weight-loss can help her game. She was already a very good mover for a player of her size.
OTOH, since she nowadays lives off photo-shoots rather than off her tennis results, I guess she knows what she's doing.

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 08:53 AM   #35
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interesting point. There is also the fact people on TF will use any reason to jump the gun on Ana. So in 2008, they could argue she was chubby and blocky, and now they can call her anorexic.

Quote:
This is true, too. Calling her anorexic is a bit too much (and not true either). For someone outside the sport, she is not all that extraordinary.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM   #36
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I do think she could gain some weight. I bet she looks like this woman in a bikini . Boobless and buttless.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM   #37
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus podgorny View Post
Well, TF members' aesthetic standards are impossible hard to please. If a player's physical appereance is not considered an abomination of nature, then she's at least clinically obese or has excessive facial hair.
However, Anci does have an unfortunate body shape which gives her a ''blocky'' appearance even though she's never been really overweight. She's a big-boned girl whose body can never look model-like. Now that she's lost so much weight, she actually looks better as a photo-shoot material, but considering her build, she indeed looks too thin for a professional athlete. Especially considering the fact that her main weapon has always been whacking the serve and the FH as hard as she can, I don't see how this weight-loss can help her game. She was already a very good mover for a player of her size.
OTOH, since she nowadays lives off photo-shoots rather than off her tennis results, I guess she knows what she's doing.
So true

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote