Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #346
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I like Andreea too. I like her game at the net. And she makes a good double team with Jaqueline Cristian (she plays a lot with Guna too), they play off each other pretty well. I think it's important that she keeps her head straight as she goes through her teen years. She seem very ambitious on the court and doesn't take losing lightly.
Where did you watch her play?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #347
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Where did you watch her play?
In some online videos from junior tournaments that took place in Romania.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #348
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

An article about what Andreea Rosca and Ioana Guna had to go through to participate in junior tournaments across Europe this summer. Sorry, it's in Romanian but I am pretty sure many of us here can read .
http://www.gsp.ro/gsp-special/superr...ee-364239.html
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #349
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting read! Thanks for sharing!

I'm not really surprised. After all you already hear the wildest stories about players on the ITF circuit. Being a junior player means be willing to sacrifice yourself and a lot of time for your job and dream of making it on the Tour. I wish them well and the nerves to pull through, some financial help wouldn't be bad either.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #350
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Great article. It's nice that our crappy sport press can deliver this kind of articles sometimes. I mean, once in a blue moon is better than never.

I'm impressed about them travelling and even sleeping most of the times in their car, but not very surprised, as Curcubeu said. Tennis is expensive and you have to be able to sacrifice many things to eventually fulfill your dream here. Also, it's good to know that Ioana is so much into school - long nights of learning and 'catching' only 9s and 10s is impressive, and if she is able to work that hard for school , she definitely is working hard for tennis as well.

Andreea lost in the Masters to the second seed in a close match

Quote:
(2) Anna Kalinskaya (RUS) d. Andreea Amalia Rosca (ROU) 4-6 6-3 7-5
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #351
country flag Dan_Doe

Kalinskaya, the one who barely defeated Andreea, eventually qualified in the final and lost there in a very close 3 sets match to Galfi, who's miles above the other competitors in this age group apparently. So there's good signs for Andreea. And obviously she was tired in those last tournaments where she lost in the semis and quarters despite being first seed, so it's not so worrying.
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #352
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Jaqueline Cristian
I am very excited to have won my first ITF Junior Tennis title here in Cairo, Egypt today! Won the singles final 6-2 2-6 6-1 and then also won the doubles final with my partner here. Really happy with the way I played this week and winning my first ITF title!

So Jackie won a G5 here, good result but still not impressive. I'm waiting for a real breakthrough in juniors.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #353
country flag Dan_Doe

Ioana Rosca (Q), Irina Bara, Andreea Ghitescu (Q), Cristina Ene & Laura Enea (Q) are all in the Antalya 10k MD this week
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #354
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Ilka Csoregi qualified for the 10k tournament in Antalya this week and went on defeating Mironova in R1 7-5 7-5
Next up is qualifier Ramialison.

Let's hope she can take some confidence boost from there for the next year.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #355
country flag Dan_Doe

I'm following the ITF tournaments and still, Ilka made her debut in the pro circuit and I didn't even know it
Good debut already with 4 wins, but I hope for more.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #356
country flag Curcubeu

Defeated Ramialison in R2 7-5 6-2

You really wonder why it took her one of the last tournaments in Antalya of the year to make her debut.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #357
country flag codrutc

It was about time. Good job Ilka. I am wondering how many games she needs to win to show up in the ranking.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #358
country flag Dan_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
It was about time. Good job Ilka. I am wondering how many games she needs to win to show up in the ranking.
Well, for the moment she either needs to make 10 ranking points or to win MD matches in three different tournaments to get a ranking.
Good win and next round she's facing a beatable opponent, a Swiss junior with SE.

Also, Ioana Rosca made it to the QF as a qualifier as well, by beating Silvia Njiric (LL) 61 60, same girl whom Ilka defeated in the qualifying.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #359
country flag Curcubeu

Ilka lost to Benoit 2-6 7-5 4-6

Led 4-2 in the 3rd.

Well, there is nothing like starting young.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #360
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Benoit is on roll, she won the tournament last week. No shame imo.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote