Watch out for Romanian Juniors!! - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #331
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all
Re: Watch out for Romanian Juniors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
By the way, G3 in Timisoara this week and Jackie is there
She lost in the first round.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #332
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Mediocre results from our girls in this year's European Championships. Photographer: Ivan Evlakhov

These are Ioana Roșca (left) and, I guess, Ioana Ducu.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #333
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

OMG I just realised Ilka was an ITF Development Team member!

details here

more team pictures here

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #334
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

What does this mean? Any perks?
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #335
country flag codrutc

Ilka is in the second round at US Open. She will play Ellen Alqurin (SUI) next.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #336
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
What does this mean? Any perks?
It was a two-month tour and all costs were paid by the ITF.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #337
country flag Hakapeszi

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Ilka is in the second round at US Open. She will play Ellen Alqurin (SUI) next.
OMG "Illka Csoreg"

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/players/...wdd001715.html

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #338
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
It was a two-month tour and all costs were paid by the ITF.
That is great. Her match scheduled for today was canceled because of the rain.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM   #339
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Andreea Rosca, who's still 13 and a half yo, made her debut in the ITF juniors, participating in the G5 Instirig Cup (Balș). She won 2 qualifying matches and then the first 2 rounds, losing only 10 games along the way, but then lost to a 17 yo in the QF.

Let's talk about Ilka. Her ranking is based on SFs and QFs in G1s and GAs (just made the QF at US Open ). Last week she played her first G2 in ages, on hard, but lost in the semis. She won the doubles, though. Also, she won 2 G1s in doubles this year.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM   #340
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds good. Andreea was always considered the better Rosca, even though they are not related.

I completely missed out on Ilka's success and it came on Hard Court which is even more surprising. Maybe she get her game back now and her dip in form was a mental or physical cause.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:22 PM   #341
country flag codrutc

I joined this forum because I got excited about Ilka, when she came out of nowhere and won those tournaments in Africa and then in South America.
I have to admit that things have cooled down recently and I had to temper my expectations.
I hesitated to say this but I now agree with those people saying that she needs to take the next step and move on to the next level.
She hasn't played a single Senior ITF game yet and her junior career is kind of stalled or not anywhere near to what I expected from her.
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #342
country flag Dan_Doe

Andreea Rosca is playing Tennis Europe Junior Masters 2012 (U14) in two weeks.
Andreea is the youngest player in the competition, the only girl born in '99 and at least 4 months younger than any other contestant. She's #9 in the U14 ranking and months younger than the other top 10 girls.

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #343
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, she seems to be the more talented of the 2 Rosca's.

I admit that I have never seen her playing or in life generally, but on pics she looks like a mix of Henin's face with Sharapova's body. If she's also having the abilities of both together, she's going to be big for sure.
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #344
country flag Dan_Doe

Truth is she's not on a roll now. In august she played 3 U14 tourneys on clay and made a SF and 2 QFs, despite being the first seed in all of them. That's quite bad.
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #345
country flag codrutc

I like Andreea too. I like her game at the net. And she makes a good double team with Jaqueline Cristian (she plays a lot with Guna too), they play off each other pretty well. I think it's important that she keeps her head straight as she goes through her teen years. She seem very ambitious on the court and doesn't take losing lightly.