Mona Barthel - Page 288 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #4306
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel

That means no Sofia and no Seeding at the Australian Open for her
And she has tons of points to defend at the beginning of 2013

As Beijing being mandatory for her, she will lose another 65 points
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #4307
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
While I like Elena, I have to ask- what on earth was Mona doing out there? Even if Elena plays very well it shouldn't be 1 and 1...

Oh, Mona didn't make 22 DFs. She made 14 and Elena made 8 for a total of 22. I've seen worse. Check the stats on some of the Bogota matches . Of course they had the excuse of altitude.

Anyway, 14 DFs from 30 second serves is far too much. No wonder she only won 23% behind the second serve.
Sorry, I didn`t check the stats.
At best it relativizes Mona`s performance a bit.
Vesnina probably didn`t want to be inferior to Mona and also served pretty bad.
However, Mona`s slump is going on.
joy division is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #4308
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
However, Mona`s slump is going on.
Not only Mona from the German Top 100 players is in a slump. Goerges, Lisicki and Petkovic are there too.
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #4309
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

What result she needs in Linz to qualify for Sofia? A SF?
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #4310
country flag mk27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda. View Post
What result she needs in Linz to qualify for Sofia? A SF?
It depends on the performance from Zheng, Hsieh and Schiavone in Beijing.
Mona is now at #8 in the race for Sofia, but she must be at #6 to qualify.

Here is the race:
1.Wozniacki 3205 (1st round Beijing)
2.Petrova 2725 (2nd round Beijing)
3.Vinci 2400 (1st round Beijing)
4.Kanepi 1929
5.Zheng 1482 (1st round Beijing)
6.Hsieh 1446 (2nd round Beijing)
---------------------------------------------------------
7.Schiavone 1436 (1st round Beijing)
8.Barthel 1416
9.Hantuchova 1395
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #4311
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
It depends on the performance from Zheng, Hsieh and Schiavone in Beijing.
Mona is now at #8 in the race for Sofia, but she must be at #6 to qualify.

Here is the race:
1.Wozniacki 3205 (1st round Beijing)
2.Petrova 2725 (2nd round Beijing)
3.Vinci 2400 (1st round Beijing)
4.Kanepi 1929
5.Zheng 1482 (1st round Beijing)
6.Hsieh 1446 (2nd round Beijing)
---------------------------------------------------------
7.Schiavone 1436 (1st round Beijing)
8.Barthel 1416
9.Hantuchova 1395
I think Zheng and Hsieh will lose in the 2nd round most likely but they all gained 80 points. Schiavone will lose to Li Na hopefully. Mona needs a great result in Linz for sure if she wants to qualify.

Zheng I think will qualify for sure since she will make the 2nd round most likely. Therefore The battle now is between Schiavone, Hsieh and Mona for the last spot.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #4312
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

I think she is really unlikely to qualify but there is still a hope I guess. It's not impossible.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #4313
country flag mk27

Quote:
I think Zheng and Hsieh will lose in the 2nd round most likely but they all gained 80 points. Schiavone will lose to Li Na hopefully. Mona needs a great result in Linz for sure if she wants to qualify.

Zheng I think will qualify for sure since she will make the 2nd round most likely. Therefore The battle now is between Schiavone, Hsieh and Mona for the last spot.
But the next problem is the 16th best result in the race.
For Zheng this is only 1 point, for Hsieh only 20 points, but 70 points for Mona and 55 points for Schiavone.

I think the only chance is to reach a final at Linz/Luxembourg or 2 SFs in both events.
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4314
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
But the next problem is the 16th best result in the race.
For Zheng this is only 1 point, for Hsieh only 20 points, but 70 points for Mona and 55 points for Schiavone.

I think the only chance is to reach a final at Linz/Luxembourg or 2 SFs in both events.
I didn't know about that. Today's loss really costed her so much. Still there is small hope I guess but her chances to qualify are really slim now.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #4315
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

If Hsieh wins her 2nd round match, I think she will qualify. Hopefully Caro stops her. Also Li Na could lose to anyone.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #4316
country flag Holdsworth

Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold Holdsworth is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
to qualify for Sofia? A SF?
Doesn't matter if she plays like this
Holdsworth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #4317
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

14 double faults

Bodensee is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #4318
country flag Michael!
Merry Christmas

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

wow, only see the stats but those are just awful
Disgusting, 14 DFs in 7 service games
34% 1st serves in 1st set and she won 1 service game in the whole match

Probably also didn´t help that she didn´t play Tokyo, so from Quebec to Germany to Asia for just one match, I hope that she wins at least a match or two in Linz or Luxembourg but just don´t understand it what happened to her after Madrid
Michael! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #4319
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdsworth View Post
Doesn't matter if she plays like this
So true.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Sep 30th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #4320
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

I have no words...
Closed Thread