Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 282 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #4216
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Nothing wrong with a fair draw. You want her to have real feedback to her game.
The last thing she needs now is a joke draw at a Tier I.
She needs to know where she's at. Even here in this thread, some people are kidding themselves.
If she's getting back to where she was, only Serena or Kim matter in draws, and they're not here
If players who won 2 or 3 titles in their whole career are a tough draw, then everywhere's a tough draw

Caro should have much fresher legs than players who have twice as many points as she does. It should be her advantage now to play someone who has good results, this late in the year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #4217
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Nothing wrong with a fair draw. You want her to have real feedback to her game.
The last thing she needs now is a joke draw at a Tier I.
She needs to know where she's at. Even here in this thread, some people are kidding themselves.
If she's getting back to where she was, only Serena or Kim matter in draws, and they're not here
If players who won 2 or 3 titles in their whole career are a tough draw, then everywhere's a tough draw

Caro should have much fresher legs than players who have twice as many points as she does. It should be her advantage now to play someone who has good results, this late in the year
You think she didn´t know where she is? She is not focussed on tennis, that is her problem. She is doing a lot off court, really to much.
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #4218
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
You think she didn´t know where she is? She is not focussed on tennis, that is her problem. She is doing a lot off court, really to much.
I think if she had better self awareness, this whole droppoff might not have happened. She was at the top of the sport. On Hardcourt, only Kim & Serena were favorites against her.
I dont know why she blew her game up,but I dont think shes ever been in Tier I final with this style of play.
Petrova's in a Tier I final. For Caro, its over a year and half since a Tier I final

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #4219
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I think Caro and her team should sit down and have a look at that Kerber vs Aga match I've just seen and then compare that to her own matches. Aga won't always play as well as that and some of the clever shots and magic Aga does - Caro never has had that touch. But look at:
  1. Aga gets everything back and with shots that more often than not that pose problems.
  2. No matter how long the rallies and how many Ooohs and Aaghs and the crowd thinking the point has ended on a winner but it still goes on - Aga doesn't make UEs on this or the next point or the next point after that or the whole match.
  3. Aga hits winners by finishing off points.
  4. Aga has improved her serve.
And that's leaving out the clever shots and the bits of magic.
In 2010-2011 - Caro was the best defensive player and must have been one of the best all time. Where's that gone?

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #4220
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
In 2010-2011 - Caro was the best defensive player and must have been one of the best all time. Where's that gone?
Well, her third set against Li Na was 2010-2011-like - awesome defending.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #4221
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
...In 2010-2011 - Caro was the best defensive player and must have been one of the best all time. Where's that gone?
A lot of its mental. A great champion hates to lose. For Caro to take that short lob on the fly at break point for 4-4 and totally screw it up, thats mental. Just like when Goerges hit a moonball into Caro's backhand corner in that tiebreak, Caro runs around it to dump a forehand in the net.If Caro really wanted to win, she wouldnt make these kinds of errors at key moments. She used to be the steadiest player on the tour.Now she's just another player in the draw at Premiers and majors. And its all on Caro, not her team.This is how she wants to play, and so far, nothing from it

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #4222
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

If she can play the way she played in the Seoul Final she can go far in the draw IMO

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #4223
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Better for Caro to loose earlier. Better to be out of Top Ten to the end of the year. Better chances for all tournaments to play in 2013.
No, it's not better for Caro to lose earlier. To get deep in this draw Caro will need to play pretty well and probably have to beat Kerber (potential 3rd round opponent), Sharapova (potential quarterfinal opponent, and Aga (potential semifinal opponent) along the way. I think that would be a big breakthrough for her and something we should hope for even if the odds aren't good at the moment.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #4224
country flag goldenlox

Its an interesting situation. If she's out of the top 10, she can make a schedule with more Intls.I dont know how important it is for her to set her schedule to match up with Rory, but she will have leeway if she loses early in Beijing and stays out of the top 10

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #4225
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Caro and her team should sit down and have a look at that Kerber vs Aga match I've just seen and then compare that to her own matches. Aga won't always play as well as that and some of the clever shots and magic Aga does - Caro never has had that touch. But look at:
  1. Aga gets everything back and with shots that more often than not that pose problems.
  2. No matter how long the rallies and how many Ooohs and Aaghs and the crowd thinking the point has ended on a winner but it still goes on - Aga doesn't make UEs on this or the next point or the next point after that or the whole match.
  3. Aga hits winners by finishing off points.
  4. Aga has improved her serve.
And that's leaving out the clever shots and the bits of magic.
I'd rather Caro and her team watch her own best matches particularly from that post Wimbledon 2010 run.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #4226
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

I just last night watched 2 of Hsieh's matches, she's not one to be underextimated, she plays well. But Chani first!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #4227
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

When Caro loses,I chalk it up to either poor play or poor preparation in most cases,but I'm fairly sure that she won't lose on purpose just to get a lower ranking that would free up more Internationals for her

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:16 AM   #4228
country flag Protoss

Tough draw for Caro. A good showing against Kerber in the 3rd round would probably be an acceptable result for this tournament.

Good luck Caro.
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:38 AM   #4229
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro is playing Cremlin Cup, they will give her a Wild Card!

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121001/176334519.html

Quote:
Former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki is to be granted a wildcard for the Kremlin Cup tennis tournament in Moscow next month, organizers said Monday.

Wozniacki ended last year as No. 1 but has slipped to 11th in the world after a disappointing 2012 season in which she suffered first-round exits at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open and did not win a tournament until the Korea Open earlier this month.

“The titled tennis player is to be granted a wildcard,” a website statement from tournament organizers said, citing Russian Tennis Federation vice-president Alexei Selivanenko, the director of the women’s tournament.

The Kremlin Cup is to take place from October 15 through 21 with a prize fund of $740,000

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM   #4230
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
In conclusion, Turkish Airline would much rather have her in Istanbul as an alt, than in Sofia as ... whatever that is.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread