Girl’s RAPIST seeks paternal visitation rights to their child - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #1
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation
Girl’s RAPIST seeks paternal visitation rights to their child

The Massachusetts teen, 14, was raped by a man, 20, she knew from church. He pleaded guilty in 2011 and was given probation, but can seek visitation of the infant after admitting he fathered the child and agreeing to pay child support. The victim's lawyer is fighting the visitation claim.
A Massachusetts man who pleaded guilty to raping a 14-year-old in 2009 is now seeking visitation rights for the child he fathered — a sensitive case that could force the victim to maintain contact with her rapist.

That possibility has left the teen mother in an emotional tailspin, according to Fox 25 Boston, and she doesn’t want to interact with the man — a then-20-year-old she had met through the same church.

“She got raped at 14,” the victim’s mother told Fox 25. “She decided to keep her baby. And now she has to hand her baby over for a visit with her rapist?”

“He threatened me,” the girl said of the rape. “He told me that he could make my life upside down, and I wouldn’t have anybody and he would pin it all on me. So I was scared.”

The victim’s rapist, who was not identified by Fox 25, was sentenced by Norfolk Superior Court Judge Thomas McGuire to 16 years probation in 2011.

Prosecutors were seeking three to five years in prison for the man, who pleaded guilty to four counts of statutory rape of a child, Fox 25 said.

But the probation was part of an arrangement in which he had to acknowledge he’s the baby’s father and follow probate and family court rules, according to the station.

That requires him to pay child support — but also gives him the chance to seek visitation.

An attorney for the man wouldn’t comment about visitation requests but said the initial relationship between the victim and his client was consensual.
But an attorney for the victim told the Daily News she filed a motion Aug. 1 asking the Superior Court judge to amend the sentencing conditions: Instead of child support, he would pay "restitution," which would prevent him from gaining access to the child through family court.

“What was the criminal court judge thinking punishing the man with the privilege of parental rights?” attorney Wendy Murphy asked Wednesday. “That’s way past irony.”

By allowing the rapist access to family court, he would theoretically have a say in the child’s education, where she lives and her religious beliefs, she added.

“This family has been very clear from the beginning that they want nothing to do with this guy,” said Murphy, who teaches classes on sexual violence at New England Law-Boston.

“What legal system requires a toddler to have a relationship with the man who raped her mother?”

A Georgetown Law Study from 2010 found that 16 states have protections for women who’ve been raped, either prohibiting the rapist from visiting the child or allowing the victim to terminate the other parent’s rights.

Massachusetts is not one of those states.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1169145
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #2
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Girl’s RAPIST seeks paternal visitation rights to their child

What next?

These bleeding-heart liberals

I don't understand all this equality and rights when it's the wrong-doers who seem to have more rights than the ones they harm.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #3
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

wow that is completely twisted and sick.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #4
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, based on the fact that the father got only probation,a nd on the girl's age at the time of the rape, one can only assume that he was guilty of rape only in the sense that the girl he had sex with was too young to consent. technically, every time an underage girl has sex, the man has raped her for that reason. without knowing too much of the details here, it can be assumed that sex between the two was consensual in that the girl wasn't coerced, etc.

this makes it VERY different from a case where somebody forces another person to have sex against/without their consent. i'm not saying that the father should have visitation rights, or that he shouldn't, just that this form of rape, whilst frowned on, is commonplace and treated very differently to rape where coercion is used.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodil. View Post
What next?

These bleeding-heart liberals

I don't understand all this equality and rights when it's the wrong-doers who seem to have more rights than the ones they harm.
Liberals? Where is there a political agenda in this article? I'm pretty sure granting visitation rights to the father of a child whose mother he raped is something a conservative would be more apt to do than a liberal. Sit down please.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #6
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
Liberals? Where is there a political agenda in this article? I'm pretty sure granting visitation rights to the father of a child whose mother he raped is something a conservative would be more apt to do than a liberal. Sit down please.
What?

Liberalism is all about equality.

I am not American so perhaps I do not understand, but I can't see a conservative judge awarding visitation rights to a rapist.

I am still standing up.

PopCon 2013.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #7
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What?

I am not American so perhaps I do not understand, but I can't see a conservative judge awarding visitation rights to a rapist.

I am still standing up.
Yeah. I think the part of you not being American is important here, because you obviously haven't the slightest clue of what you're talking about. "Liberals" in America are far, far more likely to stand up for the rights of rape victims in America. There are still elected conservatives that say a rape victim was "asking for it" and should be forced to keep her child. Not to mention the conservatives who don't think a rape victim can even get pregnant, because her body is supposed to shut the reproductive process down when she's raped. There are conservative American politicians running just this election saying these things. So you're really trying to tell us its the liberals in America who don't care enough about rape victims? I would like you to find a so called "liberal" in America who would be for a rapist being able to visit the child of the teenage girl he raped. You should have a seat and consider not speaking of things you obviously don't have a clue about.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #8
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What?

I am still standing up.
You most certainly do not understand. It was a conservative politician who recently made the "legitimate rape" comments. It's conservative politicians who want to prohibit abortion even in cases of rape.

Also, saying "liberals want equality" is WAYYYYY different from saying "liberals want a rapist and his victim to have equal visitation rights." That's absolutely absurd.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #9
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Wtf

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #10
country flag $uricate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Yeah. I think the part of you not being American is important here, because you obviously haven't the slightest clue of what you're talking about. "Liberals" in America are far, far more likely to stand up for the rights of rape victims in America. There are still elected conservatives that say a rape victim was "asking for it" and should be forced to keep her child. Not to mention the conservatives who don't think a rape victim can even get pregnant, because her body is supposed to shut the reproductive process down when she's raped. There are conservative American politicians running just this election saying these things. So you're really trying to tell us its the liberals in America who don't care enough about rape victims? I would like you to find a so called "liberal" in America who would be for a rapist being able to visit the child of the teenage girl he raped. You should have a seat and consider not speaking of things you obviously don't have a clue about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
You most certainly do not understand. It was a conservative politician who recently made the "legitimate rape" comments. It's conservative politicians who want to prohibit abortion even in cases of rape.

Also, saying "liberals want equality" is WAYYYYY different from saying "liberals want a rapist and his victim to have equal visitation rights." That's absolutely absurd.
OK.

I think I understand now.

I don't understand the USA. What I meant was that I hate that criminals have too many rights. I just don't believe in this case and the visition rights involved.

Maybe I meant Rebublican.

Can't we just talk about this story?

Which I abhorr btw.

PopCon 2013.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #11
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Disgusting. Hopefully his visitation claim is denied.

Quote:
OK.

I think I understand now.

I don't understand the USA. What I meant was that I hate that criminals have too many rights. I just don't believe in this case and the visition rights involved.

Maybe I meant Rebublican.

Can't we just talk about this story?

Which I abhorr btw.
Dude, you're such an ignorant fool. You always talk shit about America, especially something you have absolutely NO clue about and then stuff like this happens. Kudos to dybbuk & égalité for collecting you together. Maybe next time, before you post, do a little research, maybe spend a few seconds on wikipedia or something so you won't look like such a dipshit.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #12
country flag $uricate

Whatever.

I do not agree with this.

Surely that computes?

You can tell I disagree with this action, don't spend too many hours dissecting my post please.

PopCon 2013.