Aussies in WTA events - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #1096
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies in WTA events

All of a sudden the YEC is within reach!

If she beats Nadia she is right up there with Li for the last spot (and will most likely overtake her as she's playing two extra events after Beijing, whilst Li is not).

If she loses to Nadia she still has a shot, but hopefully she can make life easier and make that final
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #1097
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
All of a sudden the YEC is within reach!

If she beats Nadia she is right up there with Li for the last spot (and will most likely overtake her as she's playing two extra events after Beijing, whilst Li is not).

If she loses to Nadia she still has a shot, but hopefully she can make life easier and make that final
She bombed out of Beijing without any points last year also so that will help her cause. A title here pretty much guarantees her a spot. A final and maybe one other good result should do the trick and looks like her form is pretty good.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #1098
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Tough loss against Nads today Apparently Sam has an abdominal injury and took a MTO at the end of the first set? She never takes MTOs so I'm hoping it's nothing serious

Beijing draw is out. Sam has a BYE in the first round and then probably Goerges in rnd 2 and Bartoli in rnd 3. Tough draw. I sense a danger match against Goerges, who always seems to play well in bigger matches(fyi, Li also has a very tough draw).
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #1099
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tough loss against Nads today Apparently Sam has an abdominal injury and took a MTO at the end of the first set? She never takes MTOs so I'm hoping it's nothing serious

Beijing draw is out. Sam has a BYE in the first round and then probably Goerges in rnd 2 and Bartoli in rnd 3. Tough draw. I sense a danger match against Goerges, who always seems to play well in bigger matches(fyi, Li also has a very tough draw).
Watched the match. I think it was the first time I've ever seen her take a MTO, she needed it but - and it did nothing. She soldiered on even though she was very clearly hampered. Tried to fight it out but Nadia played very well. Shame as she had a nice shot at another title. I really hope it's not serious she still has a real shot at YEC. Casey bombed out very convincingly to Dushevina watched the scores and she was constantly getting leads of 40-00 40-15 etc then being broken. Pretty disappointing after the form she started to show.

Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1100
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ the Asian swing has been pretty poor for Casey. Maybe she needs that break after all.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #1101
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Sam won her first round is Osaka against Sema 6-4 6-2. She is top seed there. Casey playing Date-Krumm now she won the first set 6-3. Its 3-3 in the second set.

On another note Jarka's ranking is now at 171
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #1102
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Casey ended up getting a much needed win 6-3 3-6 6-4. She will most likley play Mchale in the secod round. Stosur has Razzano or a qualifier from Thailand.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #1103
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping for an all-Aussie SF. Go Sam and Casey!

Poor Jarka
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #1104
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Hoping for an all-Aussie SF. Go Sam and Casey!

Poor Jarka
Hoping for an all Aussie SF.. which means it probably wont happen

I didnt want to look at Jarka's ranking and now I know why. Poor girl has been through alot though.

Its going to hurt her for Grand Slams where she'll have to go through qualifying until she gets her ranking back up or hopefully get a WC maybe. But on the positive side she doesnt have to worry about defending any points
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #1105

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Hoping for an all Aussie SF.. which means it probably wont happen

I didnt want to look at Jarka's ranking and now I know why. Poor girl has been through alot though.

Its going to hurt her for Grand Slams where she'll have to go through qualifying until she gets her ranking back up or hopefully get a WC maybe. But on the positive side she doesnt have to worry about defending any points
Yeah, the SF won't happen, but a guy can dream can't he

As for Jarka: as sad as the circumstances are, I really think it's good that she's taking a break now. I admired her guts for playing on after all those losses, but I think there comes a point where it's better to just stop and take a break. Hopefully she can get off to a good start next year, even if it means playing challengers for a while to restore her ranking a bit.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #1106
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Casey wastes a golden opportunity for another WTA QF with a meek 76 63 loss to Chang Meanwhile top seed Sam is getting her ass handed to her by Razzano of all people who she holds a 4-0 H2H with. I really think both girls have both mentally checked out of 2012, Sam pretty much said her self that she has no motivation now that she won't get to play YEC - errrm.... how about another title to add to your pretty empty shelf!!! Very frustrating!

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #1107

^Sam got her act together in the second and third sets. Couldn't agree more about the title though. Come on Sam, win this thing!
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #1108
country flag TS

Saves face, but that was almost an embarrassing result. Razzano can play but her best years are long gone.

Sam needs to hold Marion out of 9th spot, as historically the 1st alternate usually gets a start in the YEC as someone always pulls out with a damaged ego, oops, I mean injury.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1109

Quote:
Saves face, but that was almost an embarrassing result. Razzano can play but her best years are long gone.

Sam needs to hold Marion out of 9th spot, as historically the 1st alternate usually gets a start in the YEC as someone always pulls out with a damaged ego, oops, I mean injury.

Agree about keeping the alt spot. That would be an added bonus if she wins the title this week: Marion could no longer pass her even by winning Moscow.

In Sam's defense, only the 1st set today was bad (really bad tbh). She's had too many matches this year in which she's started well and collapsed like a souffle at the end. Nice to see her being tough at the business end of matches for a change.
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #1110
country flag TS

I'm just surprised/shocked she managed to come back from a set down. Doesn't happen often.

She usually comes back strong to take the second set (like against Errani at RG, Rus at Wimby), and then folds like a cheap tent in the decider. Good work Sammy. Winning ugly is OK sometimes