Why do girls miss so many simple balls? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #46
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do girls miss so many simple balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Flat shots vs topsin?
3 pages and it took to this post for the proper answer. If you go to any tournament and watch men and women hit side by side, the men cover their shots with much more spin. They are naturally stronger so imparting the spin while still hitting the ball hard is easier for them.

On short balls, the flatter you hit them the more likely you are to miss them as your margin for error is less. Djokovic hitting a short ball for a winner has so much higher margins than say sharapova.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #47
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
A combination of

1. Lack of power (reliable controlled power)
2. Lack of concentration (finishing the point in your head before you have done it with your racquet)
3. Lack of patience and judgement (is it really an easy shot or am I better off to prepare for an even better shot)
4. Shot selection (conventional volley, drive volley, let it bounce, take the overhead out of the air, slice attack or hard deep)
5. Poor peripheral vision (react to the actions of your opponent)

They all play into each other. If you are great in some areas you need to be less good in others. For example if you have great shot selection and vision you don´t need as much raw power to finish points.
Women,in general, have better peripheral vision than men.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #48
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis never missed put aways, until the 2000 US Open semifinal But then she never missed put aways again

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #49
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Women,in general, have better peripheral vision than men.
Probably only when scanning men. That also explains why Martina and Amelie were so good at the net. They were scanning women.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #50
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I think the whole premise of this thread is off. Women do not miss so many easy hits. A few spectacular clunkers here and there.

People are always on about something. A couple years ago it was why were women DFing so much.

People didn't watch Davis Cup last week if they think men don't miss easy shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Most female players have very little tennis skill, they only learn to hit shots from the baseline.

I think it's some kind of intelligence thing in our brains, men are just better at sports.
Well, you are definitely lacking in intelligence.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #51
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGAlady View Post
It's true that women miss a lot more. It's not that there stupid its just that the men are much better at putting away balls. They just are, no need to bash the girls it's just a skill set the girls aren't on par with doIng.

And I also agree most club level guys are better at putting away mid court shots than most pro women that's totally fair assessment
Ok - but why??

The only logical explantation to me would be that the girls don't exercise the puttaways enough. But I don't think so cause so many coaches work(ed) with both male and female players.

I sometimes can't believe how female players are not able to close out points.

The same with closing out matches. Eurosport commentators are already making fun of it. It's more likely that a female players loses serve when serving for the match
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #52
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Wozniacki's # 1 ranking is proof that most players still have a problem to close out points...

Watching her match against Li the other day, you really wonder how Li could lose that match! 40 winners to 5 from Wozniacki!?

But Li missed so many really easy balls that you should make on club level - speachless!

She does have a good technique, talent, athletism - so why??

She's doing nothing but hitting balls every day! I don't get why they miss so many chances...

And that's why even Serena doesn't have a chance against any ATP player!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote