Sammy Videos - Page 116 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #1726
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all
Re: Sammy Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Of the possible finals based on the SF line up, this was the one I preferred. I like Vika more than Maria (if "like" is the right word), and even though I like Sara better than Serena, I don't hate Serena by any means, and I think Sara reaching a second slam final would just rub more salt in Sam's wounds for losing that SF in Paris.

But the main reason I wanted this final is that I thought it was the one that had the biggest chance of being a competitive match. That turned out even truer than I expected. While I agree with Silver Persian that Sam's victory last year looks even more exceptional now, the fact that Vika came so close to winning makes Sam's QF performance look more exceptional as well.
Totally agree with both of you. The performance of Vika and Serena in the final proves Sam's ability to run with the big dogs and challenge them. I managed to watch the 3rd set (sneaking a peek at work), and it made me feel even more proud of Sam's win last year and her great QF match this year. Have to admit it - from the parts that I saw, it was a good match (once I turned the volume down).
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #1727
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
^This, exactly. I know these players can handle being put on the spot like that, and Sam did a great job answering him, but damn. It's uncalled for, and it makes me wonder if the WTA or tournament people draw a line anywhere. His prodding had nothing to do with the USO, with Sam's match, or with tennis in general. I hope you're right about the complaint process.

Jo and Bertrand -- thanks for the videos!
John Wertheim mentioned this in his 50 Parting Shots from the US Open article that he always does. He doesn't directly raise the point about the subtle homophobia, but I think it's implied in the way he makes fun of the questioner:

Quote:
• Speaking of Stosur, the Woodward and Bernstein Award goes to the intrepid scribe who finally cracked the lid on this vexing issue:
Question: "Not too many WTA players are named Sam. Can you take a moment and say like what the upside of having a name like that is, is there any downside, or give us a rainy-day story about your name."
Stosur: "No, there is no downside. I'm happy -- I guess over the course of my life, my career, Samantha got shortened to Sam. The one person that always called me Samantha was my grandfather. It's good. You certainly don't get confused in the locker room. You hear your name and you know it's about you."
Pretty slick response, there, Stosur. But not so fast! We haven't gotten to the bottom of this just quite yet. Some inconsistencies and vague details we need you to solidify ...
Question: "So [was] your grandfather a traditionalist and not happy for it to be shortened?"
Stosur: "Yeah, I guess he was. My mom and dad only called me Samantha when I was little and did something naughty, so I didn't hear it too often, I don't think. I guess it's one of those names that is not as common."
Bit sad that he didn't devote any time to Sam and Vika's match, or how well she went trying to defend her title, though

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...ml?PID=4178050
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #1728
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
John Wertheim mentioned this in his 50 Parting Shots from the US Open article that he always does. He doesn't directly raise the point about the subtle homophobia, but I think it's implied in the way he makes fun of the questioner:

Bit sad that he didn't devote any time to Sam and Vika's match, or how well she went trying to defend her title, though

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...ml?PID=4178050
This was the guy who confidently predicted that Sam would lose to Martic in the first round, so I wasn't holding my breath for any glowing testimonies from him about Sam after the event. Even now he manages to make a first round loser almost sound better than the defending champ who beat her and lost to the #1 in the quarters. But I'm very happy that the Sam-Vika match seems to have gotten just about everybody else's vote for match of the tournament. I'd be even happier if she'd won the match of course
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1729
country flag Jo.

Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice Jo. is just really nice

New video
http://www.tenniskidszone.com/video/...e-rafa-game/26

She definitely needs to update her favorite movie list haha
Jo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1730
country flag Sinclair

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Cute video. Thanks for posting, Jo!

And it's probably a good thing Sam doesn't listen to music before a match. Florence and The Machine is not exactly what I'd consider motivational music.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #1731
country flag KingRF

KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice KingRF is just really nice

Really nice video thanks !
KingRF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1732
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo. View Post
New video
http://www.tenniskidszone.com/video/...e-rafa-game/26

She definitely needs to update her favorite movie list haha
The interview is nice.
BTW at 0:26-0:35 is my video of a practice at Stanford last year - the video editor neither asked me for this nor did he mention any author: at least, it could be cool to support the fans sending an email...
B.

Last edited by bertisonline : Sep 16th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1733
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Sam at a Jetstar event in Tokyo:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25695863

The Jetstar lady is hilarious! So OTT.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1734

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
Sam at a Jetstar event in Tokyo:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25695863

The Jetstar lady is hilarious! So OTT.
Sam is so cute here, she would melt the hearts of all but the most hardened GM trolls.

The jetstar lady is pretty funky as well
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1735
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Jetstar lady so happy

When they were playing the game though The reactions of the jetstar lady, and the reactions of Sam to her were awesome.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1736
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

My favorite part - when they were playing the tennis game, Sam was like "How do you hit harder"?
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1737

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
My favorite part - when they were playing the tennis game, Sam was like "How do you hit harder"?
That was great! Almost expected her to ask how to change her grip, so she could throw some extreme topspin at jetstar lady.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1738
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Sharapova Vs. Stosur - the whole match.
B.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #1739
country flag Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
That was great! Almost expected her to ask how to change her grip, so she could throw some extreme topspin at jetstar lady.
Damn - I really wanted to watch this, but I'm getting only audio, no video. And the bastard crashed my iPad when I tried it that way. Grrr... Will keep my eye out for another link.

Thanks for the video of the match, Bertrand! It's interesting to see the difference in the way ES covered it vs Tennis Channel.

My god in heaven -- she's rocking that dress, like a boss! Go Sam!!

Last edited by Sinclair : Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1740
country flag annetcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Damn - I really wanted to watch this, but I'm getting only audio, no video. And the bastard crashed my iPad when I tried it that way. Grrr... Will keep my eye out for another link.

Thanks for the video of the match, Bertrand! It's interesting to see the difference in the way ES covered it vs Tennis Channel.

My god in heaven -- she's rocking that dress, like a boss! Go Sam!!
Sinclair - doesn't work on an ipad - try to watch it on a normal pc.