Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #526
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

Well, someone who's been in top 40 in their career is always dangerous, and even now, when she is very far from her best, Bacsinszky is capable of making some nice wins (Kostova, Feuerstein...), so this was not too bad from Tereza. Not very good either, but not a total disaster.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #527
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well, someone who's been in top 40 in their career is always dangerous, and even now, when she is very far from her best, Bacsinszky is capable of making some nice wins (Kostova, Feuerstein...), so this was not too bad from Tereza. Not very good either, but not a total disaster.

+1

Plus, she went further in the draw than expected and she got a win over a player ranked above her.

Last edited by networthy : Sep 6th, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #528
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Tereza will play on 50 000$ event in Podgorica (17-23 september). There's a small chance that she will be seeded.
It looks like she'll be seeded. She's #9 on the list but one player above her (Voracova) will be using her protected ranking, which isn't used for seeding purposes.

Let's hope she gets a kind draw and can reach at least the QF and hopefully the SF.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #529
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Tereza will play against Ines FERRER-SUAREZ (WTA 216), first round in Podgorica. Second round probably against Mailen Auroux. This is solid draw and good chance for quarterfinal
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #530
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Tereza won 6-2 6-4
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #531
country flag networthy

^ Good win for Tereza. I was a bit worried about this one because Ferrer-Suarez was just about the highest-ranked non-seed.

On paper at least, Tereza's next match should be easier: Auroux (#254) or Kostic (LL; #436).
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #532
country flag vladekCRO

Tereza won 6-3 6-3

In 1/4 final she plays against top seed, Meusburger

Mrdeza won this year against Austrian 6-7(5) 6-3 3-6, hope that she can do it again !
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM   #533
country flag vladekCRO

Mrdeza-Meusburger 6-3,6-7,5-7

Very close but not enough. Next week Tereza will play on 50 000$ event in Telavi, Georgia. She will be seeded again.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM   #534
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A+ for the effort If we consider it's the same player against which Petra played that match I had a misfortune to watch live... Anyway, good luck next week!
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #535
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice

She won!
(5)Tereza Mrdeza (CRO) d. (wc)Sofia Kvatsabaia (GEO) 64 61
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #536
country flag networthy

Tereza won her R1 match at this week's $50K in Telavi, Georgia:

(5)Tereza Mrdeza (CRO) d. (wc)Sofia Kvatsabaia (GEO) 64 61

She next plays Schmiedlova, a top-10 junior as recently as June and now #218
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #537
country flag networthy

^ Tereza won a very close one against Schmiedlova, 16 63 76(5)

In the QF, she plays the #2 seed, Svitolina (#157 and world #1 junior in 2010). It's gonna be tough!
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #538
country flag networthy

Tereza deserves a lot of credit for her consistency. She almost always reaches the round she's supposed to, and more often than not she exceeds it.
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #539
country flag ma re

Tereza is definately doing good lately, this being her 3rd consecutive QF on a 50k. But this next match against Svitolina is pretty important cause this is the sort of opposition that Tereza needs to get acustomed to defeating if she wants to keep moving forward.

Svitolina qualified for USO this year, beating Savchuk, LDB and Savinykh along the way, before losing to Ivanovic, so it'll definately be a challenge. But here's the deal; Tereza has accumulated many results where she got a similar amount of points as for reaching this QF, and this week she's even defending a 10k title, so if she loses she'll practically gain nothing. Even if she weren't defending anything, these points would move her only 4-5 spots ahead, while even a semi wouldn't get her more than 10 spots forward.

She is approaching another "make or break moment", cause soon she'll have to reach another level again, in order to continue her progress. In three weeks she'll again be defending more than a dozen points and between mid November and mid December around 50. So a lot of job is ahead, and plenty at stake. Her place in the Melbourne qualies is not in danger, but her place in the top 200 definately is, if she doesn't do well in the next 10 weeks. Hope she's ready for it all.

Good luck Tereza
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #540
country flag networthy

As expected, Tereza lost. But I wish she could have made it closer: 26 16

In any event, I still consider this a good tournament for her. Good luck in the next one!