SEC Women Tennis 2011 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #106
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: SEC Women Tennis 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
I bet they have an international girl coming in for the spring
Makenzie Craft graduated a year early and is at UGA now. Not sure why she isn't on the roster though. And Ayaka Okuno is supposed to join the team in the spring (graduating a semester early).
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #107
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Makenzie Craft graduated a year early and is at UGA now. Not sure why she isn't on the roster though. And Ayaka Okuno is supposed to join the team in the spring (graduating a semester early).
Craft is on the roster. There is also an interview with her on the UGA website.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #108
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Athletics sanctions two varsity teams: http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/w...092612aaa.html

Oh, Georgina, what have they done to you? Well, I can always hope she was the one who didn't take part (or didn't fess up).

Quote:
Based on an internal departmental review, Vanderbilt Department of Athletics has determined its varsity women's tennis and women's lacrosse teams recently engaged in separate events that rise to the level of hazing. No one was harmed in either event.

Last edited by Embittered : Sep 27th, 2012 at 08:38 AM.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #109
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

If hazing takes place that's usually a team tradition. And the tennis head coach that's been there for 20 years supposedly didn't know anything about it.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #110
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Georgia also gets Okuno for the spring. Went from questionable to very strong in the last month with this, the Mia King announcement, and the Silvia Garcia announcement. Interested to see where they will rank in the Georiga lineup

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/w-...010413aab.html
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #111
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

How good is Silvia Garcia?

TAMU gets the Dehaza twins this month(Dunno how good they are either).

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewAr...CLID=205708695
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #112
country flag Soxfan19

Soxfan19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could teams in the SEC have a problem with the .500 or better rule for NCAA tournament bids?

Tennessee - currently 0-4 - probably a top 20 team BUT

Very difficult matches remaining with Georgia, Florida, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, and Alabama

Also matches with Indiana, Ohio State, Miss State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, LSU, and Auburn

That's a potential 10-9 before the SEC Championships, and Ole Miss, South Carolina and Arkansas aren't sure things.

Ole Miss - currently 1-2

Difficult matches with Oklahoma State, Washington, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M

Other Matches with Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Jackson State, Miss State, and Missouri

They need to win 3 of 11 matches listed in the difficult category to get to 10-10 entering the SEC tournament. Probably underdogs against UVA, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida and A&M. Makes Oklahoma State and Washington this weekend at home very important!!!

Certainly makes some of these February matches a lot more important than they might seem.
Soxfan19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #113
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Very good point about the new rule. Not sure about Ole Miss but I think UT is at least 80/20 to miss the NCAA's at this point due to the new rule. And I suspect as a result next season their non-conference slate will consist of teams like UT-Martin, Chattanooga and Davidson, instead of Notre Dame, Michigan and Indiana. Fewer competitive non-conference matchups - just chalk it up as another unintended consequence of a well-intended NCAA regulation.

I also wonder if the SEC will consider not playing a complete round robin conference schedule and/or the SEC tournament in the offseason. Between 13 league games and kickoff weekend/national indoors, teams just don't have much room left in the schedule - Tennessee has only 4 scheduled non-conference matches this year.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #114
country flag Soxfan19

Soxfan19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxfan19 View Post
Could teams in the SEC have a problem with the .500 or better rule for NCAA tournament bids?

Ole Miss - currently 1-2

Difficult matches with Oklahoma State, Washington, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M

Other Matches with Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Jackson State, Miss State, and Missouri

They need to win 3 of 11 matches listed in the difficult category to get to 10-10 entering the SEC tournament. Probably underdogs against UVA, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida and A&M. Makes Oklahoma State and Washington this weekend at home very important!!!

Certainly makes some of these February matches a lot more important than they might seem.
Oklahoma State beat Ole Miss today. Ole Miss currently 1-3, 16 matches scheduled before SEC Championships unless they create a doubleheader somehow. Sweeping 6 "Other Matches" would still require 3 wins out of 10 matches against Washington, UVA, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina and Texas A&M. Based on rankings, that would put the focus on Washington (this Sunday), Arkansas and South Carolina.
Soxfan19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #115
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #116
country flag fantic

Morgan was a slam dunk, but do you think UF will do nothing while STAN gets Zhao, Davidson and Doyle?
UF's future looks bright, honestly, it seems like both STAN and UF are vying to snatch my favorite players away
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #117
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Morgan was a slam dunk, but do you think UF will do nothing while STAN gets Zhao, Davidson and Doyle?
UF's future looks bright, honestly, it seems like both STAN and UF are vying to snatch my favorite players away
I was at the UF vs Clem/Stan matches weekend. While cheering for the Uf MEN vs Baylor men, there were two Canadian girls who were being courted by Roland and some of the girls from the UF team. Allie Will's mom was next to me, she said those two are doing their visiting trips today and they are VERY VERY good... Not sure who they are. I should have asked their names.

The recruiting process started by having Olivia & Sofie showing the two girls the tennis complex. They stood right behind me, basically talking about how Sofie was the shortest of the team, and some girl stuff. Then they took the girls up to the stadium area where the fans cheers.

The two girls were both blond. One is as tall as 6'1" I believe.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #118
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
I was at the UF vs Clem/Stan matches weekend. While cheering for the Uf MEN vs Baylor men, there were two Canadian girls who were being courted by Roland and some of the girls from the UF team. Allie Will's mom was next to me, she said those two are doing their visiting trips today and they are VERY VERY good... Not sure who they are. I should have asked their names.

The recruiting process started by having Olivia & Sofie showing the two girls the tennis complex. They stood right behind me, basically talking about how Sofie was the shortest of the team, and some girl stuff. Then they took the girls up to the stadium area where the fans cheers.

The two girls were both blond. One is as tall as 6'1" I believe.
Maybe iPatty might be able to guess their identity..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #119
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Maybe iPatty might be able to guess their identity..
I figured out one of them by looking through the ITA tennis : ROUTLIFFE, Erin
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #120
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
I figured out one of them by looking through the ITA tennis : ROUTLIFFE, Erin
Thx! Suddenly STAN and UF are vying to recruit the Canadians

Top 5 CAN players by junior rank;

8 ABANDA, Francoise 0 CAN 05 Feb 1997 20 807.50
9 ZHAO, Carol 0 CAN 20 Jun 1995 33 766.25
31 ROUTLIFFE, Erin -4 CAN 11 Apr 1995 36 490.00
85 AKKERMAN, Marika 0 CAN 07 Nov 1995 43 300.00
112 LIANG, Gloria -2 CAN 16 Oct 1996 20 268.75
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Feb 28th, 2013 at 05:23 AM.