Breakthrough continues. U-Rad climbs - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #46
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Breakthrough continues. U-Rad climbs

I can't at another Radwanska climbing the ranks.
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #47
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

There seems to be a big difference between top 20 and top 30. If you look at the current players in the top 100, many of them reached a career high of at least 30-35, but much fewer reached top 20. That being said, I see no reason why Ula could not make top 20 given the inconsistency of most women on the tour today.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #48
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k!riosh View Post
Everything is possible, especially in womens tennis, so I will not be surprised when she will be in TOP 20 or higher
That's pretty much what I would have said too. I could see her highest ranking being somewhere in the low top 20s if she keeps improving like that, after all there have been several players reaching these regions of the ranking quite unexpectedly in the past.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #49
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
There seems to be a big difference between top 20 and top 30. If you look at the current players in the top 100, many of them reached a career high of at least 30-35, but much fewer reached top 20. That being said, I see no reason why Ula could not make top 20 given the inconsistency of most women on the tour today.
Actually point wise the gap isn't that great. In projected rankings for the next week there's only 210 pts of a difference between #20 Makarova (1766) and #30 McHale (1556). Given that Ula has hardly any points to defend until the end of the season and most of the players in front of her defend considerable amount of points already next week in Beijing (Pennetta SF, Pavlyuchenkova QF, Paszek 3r), top30 is almost a given and with a win or two, Ula will find herself very close to top20. I can't really picture myself her as a top20 player, but hey if Lepchenko can be why not her.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #50
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Aryman3, you're worse than PainfulTruth; but at least his troll threads are funny
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #51
country flag imjongh

imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice imjongh is just really nice

I believe noone expected errani would be in top 10.
imjongh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #52
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

This list shows the young players (born 1987 or later) currently in the top 100 who are at or near the top of their game based on the fact that their current ranking is within 10 points of their career high. I'm not really sure if this means anything, but this is my first cut at predicting who will be top 20-30 in the coming years. Notable omissions from this list include Heather Watson (-11) and Pavlyuchenkova (-12).
Attached Images
File Type: png rank diff.PNG (29.4 KB, 29 views)
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #53
country flag fifty-fifty

fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of fifty-fifty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
Her father has said she's better than Aga. Aga is #3.
Maybe a better person, but not a player.
fifty-fifty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #54
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-fifty View Post
Maybe a better person, but not a player.
Why? Because she's prettier? Or because she doesn't have the audacity to beat people's faves?
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #55
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
That's pretty much what I would have said too. I could see her highest ranking being somewhere in the low top 20s if she keeps improving like that, after all there have been several players reaching these regions of the ranking quite unexpectedly in the past.
She may go further. Her game is similar to Aga's, if she can learn to execute it as well and she learns to control her nerves she may well reach top 10. It's not what TF likes but consistent players just do better overall than brainless hitters. Actually i'm amazed that tennis coaches apparently still haven't picked up on this one fact.