Why do girls miss so many simple balls? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #1
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future
Why do girls miss so many simple balls?

Why do girls miss so many easy balls and have such a great problem to close out points?

There is an anatomical reason why men hit harder and are more athletic but athleticism has nothing to do with easy put-aways: forehand in the half court, poor lobs or drop-shots ...

I've never seen a lower ranked ATP-player on Future-level miss so many simple balls like top female players!

Is it a mental thing?? Matter of concentration, self-confidence, believe???
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #2
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future
Re: Why do girls miss so many simple balls?

I remember Chanda Rubin as such a great and gifted player but she played so risky that she missed so many huge chances! Did she just go for too much?

The level in women's tennis got so much better within the last years but watching Bojanovski e.g. reminds me of the old days. She's got a huge game for sure but she misses balls every non-professional male player on club level would kill!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #3
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of

It can be combination of quick thinking, good anticipation (very prepared) and coordination. Safina used to be very awkward in front of the net, Chakvetadze as well. But Chris Evert is the most precise. Fluid and sure.

Of course nerve also plays a great role on some players. Novotna, for example
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #4
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

because they become so lazy on easy balls or they try to do more in it, they don't completely hit the ball. It's not that shocking that they miss easy balls.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Most female players have very little tennis skill, they only learn to hit shots from the baseline.

I think it's some kind of intelligence thing in our brains, men are just better at sports.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #6
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post

I think it's some kind of intelligence thing in our brains, men are just better at sports.
.. the fuck?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #7
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

they make more balls than they miss
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #8
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future

Quote:
Most female players have very little tennis skill, they only learn to hit shots from the baseline.

It's true that women miss a lot more. It's not that there stupid its just that the men are much better at putting away balls. They just are, no need to bash the girls it's just a skill set the girls aren't on par with doIng.

And I also agree most club level guys are better at putting away mid court shots than most pro women that's totally fair assessment
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #9
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Why do girls miss so many easy balls and have such a great problem to close out points?

There is an anatomical reason why men hit harder and are more athletic but athleticism has nothing to do with easy put-aways: forehand in the half court, poor lobs or drop-shots ...

I've never seen a lower ranked ATP-player on Future-level miss so many simple balls like top female players!

Is it a mental thing?? Matter of concentration, self-confidence, believe???
Sorry, but guys miss a lot too with easy balls. Have you seen Federer shank easy balls, women rarely shank balls. They struggle to close out points because they don't hit the ball as hard as the men. it's not a gender issue with easy balls it's concentration issue. ANd why compare club and future payers, big difference if they hit the ball to the open court it is not sure that it will be a winner whereas in club and futures it will surely be a winner.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #10
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm X View Post
they make more balls than they miss
Depends which girl. I've seen some shitty masses where u shake ur head and say. Man, my friend joe from the club wouldn't even miss that. And yes it is embarrassing ESP when women make the same amount of cash yet there skill set is clearly less.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #11
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not really brain thing, men are better due to physical things.

Quote:
Which is partly true. Girls start too early and simply dont have time to gain advanced skills (obviously not everybody).
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #12
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

I think its because they try to go for too much to try and end the point with a winner. The men may take something off the easy putaway to make sure it goes in and then they prepare for their opponent to make a return shot. The women just don't seem to want to chase down a passing shot, running all the way to the back of the court, they'd rather finish the point then and there and so will sometimes go for too much.
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #13
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

I think you can as well ask why female top players are more vulnerable against lower-ranked players than top male players.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #14
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
Girls start too early and simply dont have time to gain advanced skills (obviously not everybody).
That doesn't make sense at all
ivanban is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #15
country flag supermod

supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of

Everytime a female player has to do an overhead smash I hold my breath.

I think a lot of female players lack a bit of brain in certain situations. Like hitting an easy put-away directly to the opponent with an over-powered shot instead of playing a less risky shot in the other direction. Sometimes it seems a lot of players lack peripheral vision.

There are players like Errani who are more intelligent on court though.
supermod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote