2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #706
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: 2011-12 verbals, high interest & transfers

Probably because coaches who eject kids all the time, like some have pointed out at Virginia and I think Baylor has moved quite a few in past years too, like the loose rule. Otherwise, it would be tougher for them to dump kids when kids could appeal saying they have no other options.

But I'm with you, they need to tighten this rule up.

Note how Duke has picked off a few too over the years. The int'l girl from UCLA and now the sophomore Canadian girl from Fresno State. Funny how that just randomly happens. I once overheard a conversation of fans from another Pac school was claiming that the UCLA assistant was pretty good at recruiting other schools top kids too. It was something about the BYU girl that transfered there and before that some french girl from the ACC I think. If they had to sit one year I bet that stuff would stop.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #707
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
I agree and don't understand why tennis doesn't have the same 1 yr sit rule that other sports have for transfers.
That would prevent players from shopping and coaches from poaching. It seems some programs like Tulane and TCU recruit just as much from other college teams as they do from high school.
Tulane's issue was their reopening after Hurricane Katrina. They just graduated their first recruiting class.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #708
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Tulane's issue was their reopening after Hurricane Katrina. They just graduated their first recruiting class.
Tulane had THREE transfers last year and has now added a fourth, their second in two years from Clemson alone. That doesn't have anything to do with Katrina. They are notorious for "recruiting" other teams' rosters.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM   #709
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
Note how Duke has picked off a few too over the years. The int'l girl from UCLA and now the sophomore Canadian girl from Fresno State. Funny how that just randomly happens.
Duke is like teflon nothing sticks to them.

The press reported about a Duke former basketball player allegedly taking extra benefits which could potentially vacate Coach K's 2010 national title. But the lawsuit that would have exposed the details the NCAA needs to nail Duke conveniently got settled.

Jeweler settles suit against ex-Duke player.

gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 11:30 PM   #710
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

And the thing with Duke is they seem to always to get a No. 1 singles player to transfer (Jodoin, Fahoum, Bercek/Carlton).
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote