Venus Takes Washington Kastles to 32-0 in epic 20-19 WTT Finals Win!!! MVPnus!!!!! - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #436
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus Takes Washington Kastles to 32-0 in epic 20-19 WTT Finals Win!!! MVPnus!!!

Venus is like "if this nigrum don't put me down..."
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #437
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus Takes Washington Kastles to 32-0 in epic 20-19 WTT Finals Win!!! MVPnus!!!

Venus Williams leads Washington Kastles to World TeamTennis title

CHARLESTON, S.C. (September 16, 2012) – Venus Williams led the Washington Kastles to their second consecutive World TeamTennis title today with a 20-19 victory over the Sacramento Capitals at the Family Circle Tennis Center in Charleston, S.C. Williams was also named the Finals MVP, winning her sets in women's doubles, mixed doubles and the decisive final set of women's singles.

The win gives the Kastles 32 consecutive match wins, the second longest streak in U.S. pro sports history. The top mark is 33, held by the NBA's 1971-72 Lakers.

With the overall score tied at 15-15 heading into the final set, Williams edged Coco Vandeweghe 5-4 in women's singles to give the Kastles their third title in the past four seasons. Although Williams was part of championship teams in Philadelphia and Washington, this was the first time she had played in the championship match. She credited her Kastles teammates for giving her the edge in a tight final set. "I had to come out on fire today," said Williams. "Knowing I had to play for my team was motivating."

"Coco played her heart out," said Sacramento coach Wayne Bryan. " I'm very proud of our team and congratulations to the Kastles."

Sacramento led early when Kevin Anderson defeated Bobby Reynolds in the opening set, winning men's singles 5-3. Anderson served up three aces and won 79 percent of his first serve points compared to 61 percent for Reynolds.

Washington broke Asia Muhammad's serve twice in women's doubles and closed out the set on Venus Williams' serve, 5-1.

Men's doubles was highlighted by brilliant shot-making by the Kastles' Leander Paes but it was the Caps that broke Paes serve for a 2-1 lead. Anderson pushed the lead to 4-2 on his serve and broke Paes serve for a second time to take the set 5-2 and lead 11-10 at halftime.

Coach Wayne Bryan started Anderson in mixed doubles to take advantage of his big serve and the strategy worked as Sacramento won the first game and broke Paes serve to lead 2-0. Washington broke back against Coco Vandeweghe's serve then Williams held to tie the set at 2-2. After a seesaw battle that evened the score at 4-all, Washington pulled out the set win in a 9-point tiebreak, 5-4 (1).
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #438
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #439
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #440
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

Go Veeeeee!!!!

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #441
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Why do they have to play music between every point at WTT events? It becomes a torture.

I didn't see the end of the matches, but this is nice for Vee.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #442
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

I love that she's wearing the same costume with her teammates
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #443
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Didn't realise WTT was last week. Vee looks so happy V needs to remind herself of what Paes said to her during tournament matches and not choke.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #444
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

while watching the WTT final, I realized Paes and Venus have the same birthday. And he speaks so highly of her every the played mixed dubs.

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:56 PM   #445
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

The best shot of Venus in WTT Finals?

1. The short backhand angle during a doubles match against Sportimes (No video, base it off memory if you watched).

2. The amazing backhand on the run DTL winner to break back against Ashley. (@2:25)

3. The forehand DTL pass to aid in breaking Coco right back. (@2:09)