Heather's Cheering Thread - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #1036
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold
Re: Heather Watson

not a good draw for heather i'm afraid, she's up against Lisicki who's the world no 33 in the first round and even if by some miracle she wins that, she'll have to face sharapova in round 2. oh well she did well to qualify.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM   #1037
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

I feel very sorry for Heather.She works really hard and has had some terrible luck with injuries and draws this year.She must have felt annoyed about the Olympic doubles but just keeps her head down and works even harder.Hope he gets her reward in 2013'sady can't see her beating Lisicki at the moment.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM   #1038
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lefty View Post
I feel very sorry for Heather.She works really hard and has had some terrible luck with injuries and draws this year.She must have felt annoyed about the Olympic doubles but just keeps her head down and works even harder.Hope he gets her reward in 2013'sady can't see her beating Lisicki at the moment.
Why?
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:46 PM   #1039
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

Won tournament and was much higher ranked than Laura at the time.As far as not beating Lisicki ,not yet physically brutal enough.Shame woman's game is so dominated by brute force.
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1040
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

wow! well done on beating lisicki, heather! didn't think she stood a chance but I was wrong, can't believe no one has posted here about this yet. unfortunately she has little chance of getting any further since she's up against Sharapova next but hopefully this bodes well for her future.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #1041
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Excellent result.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #1042
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Have not been able to post much due to work. Her two victories in quali' were good but I felt like Sabine would have too much for her. She was ranked 12 in May--hadn't realised she dropped to 30.

Thrilled to see her come through a tough match up like this. She has to understand how to beat players with the game style of Lisicki 'cause there are a lot of the power players on tour and that's never going to be Heather's style. The more she plays and understands how to use her strengths to come through these matches, the more regularly she will be able to win matches against top 30 (I still think Lisicki is top 20 calibre despite the current ranking) players.

Sharapova will undoubtedly be tough but let's she what happens.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #1043
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

this is superb.
just woke up to see theyve been playing two hours and heather leading 76 24.

this looks brutal.
heather looking tired though

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1044
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Ah well, tough loss. But she did better than expected here. Where's she playing next?
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #1045
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Great performance by Heather. She seemed to be hitting the ball harder than I can remember seeing her, perhaps this is an area she's been working on
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #1046
country flag fast lefty

Hope so,she really needs to get some winners or she'll be another plucky loser Brit career.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1047
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

I still think she needs to be more aggressive.

I know she won the first set, but she only hit ONE winner during it. 70 UE's and 18 DF's from Maria had as much to do with the scoreline as did Heather's play. And she hits too much to the centre of the court.

But still, a great performance. Something I cannot praise her enough for is her fight and determination on court.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #1048
country flag fast lefty

Agreed she is a fighter,just needs to be tougher and much more ruthless.Good point about her hitting the middle of the court ALL THE TIME. Start going for it more or her ranking will suffer.
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1049
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

It's disappointing that Heather actually had a very big off day! 8 Winners to 42 Unforced Errors!

If she had played even marginally better she could have walked away with win but either way this is a HUGE confident booster- taking Maria to 3 sets and making her work for over 3 hours (whilst playing badly) is incredible! I'm very proud of Heather and her wins over Hlavackova and Lisicki should also boost her confidence!

Well done Heather
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1050
country flag Maza1987

A poster on bt.net wrote that Heather has only 57 points to defend between now and April 2013. If she can continue this level she's virtually guaranteed top 50.