Do you get why Lepchenko is almost Top 20?? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM   #16
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you get why Lepchenko is almost Top 20??

^^ Not official because Makarova is still alive but I think it looks good.

To be top 20, that means you should be making the R32 at slams which Varvara is. Plus, she had a great run in the Middle East and at Madrid. Couple that with the inconsistent mess of the tour, Varvara has really come on strong. Her game has improved immensely. If she can improve her serve a little bit more and flatten out her strokes a little more she is going to be VERY tough.

Two Americans in top 20 and 3 once Venus gets a full, real schedule under her belt
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM   #17
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Her game has improved immensely.
Not really. Her draws on the other hand have.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM   #18
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
hit the nail on the head
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM   #19
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Girl, it's that EleVen voodoo!!
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:31 PM   #20
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, she has. But that's what happens with one good event. Your draws improve. Etc. Look at Wozniacki, Schiavone, Pennetta. Once they dip a little, shit hits the fan.

Lepchenko's game is MUCH better. You don't go from hanging on the ITFs to suddenly taking Petrova to a 3rd set TB and taking Sam to a TB on hardcourts.

Will she win slams or go much higher? No but it's OK to congratulate someone for accomplishing this feat.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:35 PM   #21
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets be thankful its only Top 20, like Peer and Cornet were almost Top 10 They were the dark days of the tour.

I can't see Lepchenko getting even close to the top 10 so its not a total disaster for the tour.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 02:37 PM   #22
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
Lets be thankful its only Top 20, like Peer and Cornet were almost Top 10 They were the dark days of the tour.

I can't see Lepchenko getting even close to the top 10 so its not a total disaster for the tour.
this
Cornet and Alize with such a limited and poor game almost did it
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:15 PM   #23
country flag plokploky

plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold plokploky is a splendid one to behold

Why do so many people hate lepchenko? She's not a pusher, and she's more consistent than a brainless ballbasher, but is still able to hit a number of winner on the FH side.
All the British girls
plokploky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:29 PM   #24
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Agree that top 20 isn't such a big deal, but Lepchenko is still massively overranked considering her abilities and actual accomplishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokploky View Post
Why do so many people hate lepchenko? She's not a pusher, and she's more consistent than a brainless ballbasher, but is still able to hit a number of winner on the FH side.
Ugly technique, one-dimensional, unflairsome, doesn't really work the points.

Quote:
Lepchenko is reminiscent of Bammer in the sense that she's a lefty journeywoman who is definitely making the most out of her limited abilities, but the player she reminds me the most is probably Greta Arn: well built, physically strong, hits a fairly big ball with a measure of consistency despite crassly rudimentary and fug technique, nothing in the way of flair or point construction, wins by bringing her opponents' level down to her own. She'll probably be around vulturing depleted US hardcourt events and taking advantage of draws falling apart for a few more years.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM   #25
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokploky View Post
I have no idea. She has a good game. Probably people don't like her because she's American.
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM   #26
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Fewer injuries. Hard work. Fewer worries about visa issues. Maintaining a fighting mentality on the court, not giving up early. Perhaps better coaching.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:34 PM   #27
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Goerges is top 20, why can't Lepchenko be .
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM   #28
country flag Javi.

Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute Javi. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Varvara Lepchenko started the season well outside the Top 100.

She played solid, came through a lot of qualifying tournaments. But still - I can't believe she's # 21!!

Her best results:

3rd Doha
QF Memphis
QF Madrid
4th French-Open
3rd Wimbledon
QF San Diego
3rd US-Open

Why is this enough for Top 20??
3rd round in both W and US plus 4th in RG along with several Premier QF seems pretty solid for me and near top 20 worthy if you ask me
Javi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM   #29
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

The problem is the WTA points system it gives too many computer points in the earlier rounds. For instance, the ATP Tour computer is superior than the WTA computer. If you look at the ATP points system it is tougher to rise up the rankings unless a player has stellar results. Lepechenko doesn't deserve to be top 20 I see her as more a 25 to 35 ranked player. She's definitely top 40 but certainly not top 20 material.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM   #30
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
The problem is the WTA points system it gives too many computer points in the earlier rounds. For instance, the ATP Tour computer is superior than the WTA computer. If you look at the ATP points system it is tougher to rise up the rankings unless a player has stellar results. Lepechenko doesn't deserve to be top 20 I see her as more a 25 to 35 ranked player. She's definitely top 40 but certainly not top 20 material.
When you have players like Zvonereva and Kanepi ranked in the 11-20 range who are injured, not playing, out of form etc and then Wozniacki and Georges losing 1st round in slams/premiers it gives many players opportunity to take advantage of the draws. Lepchenko has been one of them and she has certainly been more consistent than those ranked behind her which are Penetta, Jankovic and Zheng. who else is supposed to be ranked 20 at the moment? You guys don't seem to realize that the top 10, more specifically the top 4, has been playing at such a high level for most of the year. But outside of that it's been a hot mess. There is only so much that the points system can do.