Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 271 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #4051
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I find the idea of playing this tournament rather depressing. Don't get me wrong, it's nice for the Top 15-20 players but going there as a former #1 that was in the YEC final just two years ago... meh.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:50 AM   #4052
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Wat U guys think Caro Chances against Kookie
Thought Caro could handle those first two opponents,but my optimism has waned a bit now.It certainly wouldn't be any big surprise if Caro won;unfortunately,a loss wouldn't be a huge surprise,either

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 05:08 AM   #4053
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Rightie. Bali is now Sofia ... There goes the holiday incentive ... Not that I've ever been to Sofia, but I am not sure it's as nice as lounging it at Nusa Dua ..

Is Sofia mandatory, if a player is qualified?
I think that Nusa Dua beats Sofia hands down But surely, it is a nice place anyway. And it's a capital city so there must be many things to see.

I don't know if Sofia is mandatory.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:00 AM   #4054
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Caro won't play Sofia ( if she makes it). I'd prefer she starts her off season sooner, take some holidays, and then start pacticing and working on her game!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:07 AM   #4055
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I hope Caro won't play Sofia ( if she makes it). I'd prefer she starts her off season sooner, take some holidays, and then start pacticing and working on her game!
If taking some holidays means following Rory around the golf course, then I'd rather she potentially have one less week of that.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:18 AM   #4056
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
If taking some holidays means following Rory around the golf course, then I'd rather she potentially have one less week of that.
of course she'll be following him, where else she would be! I just hope she's serious about her off season practicing, and that she will have other coach beside Piotr, who can help her with her game!

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:20 AM   #4057
country flag CWTennis

Tokyo draw http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...2/1056/MDS.pdf

Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:37 AM   #4058
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tokyo draw
Tokyo's early start and Caro's lack of a 1st round bye hurt her. The 1st round in Tokyo is sunday and monday, a day earlier than most tournaments. The final is on saturday so there are no days off for anyone after the 2nd day of the 1st round. My guess is that they give Caro a late afternoon or later start on monday.

It's a tough draw for Caro in Tokyo. If Caro should make it to the 3rd round, she'd likely face Li. In the quarters, she'd potentially face Aga or Kanepi. If Caro somehow makes it to the semis, she'd probably face Vika or Kerber.

I think Caro should just concentrate on trying to win Seoul and if she's too fatigued for Tokyo then so be it.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Sep 21st, 2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: added more detail on Tokyo schedule and draw
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM   #4059
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Makarova wins 1 & 1, she'll be Caro's SF opponent.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:08 AM   #4060
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Tokyo's early start and Caro's lack of a 1st round bye hurt her. The 1st round in Tokyo is sunday and monday, a day earlier than most tournaments. My guess is that they give Caro a late afternoon or later start on monday.

I think Caro should just concentrate on trying to win Seoul and if she's too fatigued for Tokyo then so be it.
That's the penalty for falling out of top 8, but at least her Seoul matches have been short ones so far. I'd like to see her play Li Na in Tokyo.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM   #4061
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, we have seen in the past that she is capable of playing a lot of tennis over the span of two-three weeks and doing very well. It might be a good thing for her if she wins in Seoul and can build momentum and carry it into Tokyo/Beijing.

If she does lose early in Tokyo and/or Beijing I don't think it will be because she had a deep run in Seoul.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4062
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Playing Sofia would also be some practice . The field there will include players around the same ranking range as here. I'd be surprised if she takes part though, I guessit doesn't look very good from a marketing point of view when a former no.1 suddenly ends the year playing the 2nd class YEC event.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM   #4063
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Playing Sofia would also be some practice . The field there will include players around the same ranking range as here. I'd be surprised if she takes part though, I guessit doesn't look very good from a marketing point of view when a former no.1 suddenly ends the year playing the 2nd class YEC event.
I feel almost sorry for the Turkish Airline people. With YEC moving to Istanbul, they probably thought ... Hmmm that Caroline Wozniacki. She's a sure thing for the YEC. Let's sign HER!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 09:55 AM   #4064
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's good she's in Li's section, she's 8th in the YEC race, if she somehow beats her she can get a little closer , 900 points for the winner is a lot! I'm going on holidays tomorrow so I hope that when I come back she has not 1 but 2 titles under her belt , I'm choosing to be optimistic for the moment

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 10:00 AM   #4065
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I feel almost sorry for the Turkish Airline people. With YEC moving to Istanbul, they probably thought ... Hmmm that Caroline Wozniacki. She's a sure thing for the YEC. Let's sign HER!
Well, remember the YEC organizers even chose her to promote the event this year. I bet they`re desperately hoping that she's an alternate at least, just to have her around.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread