Is it easy to win matches in challenger qualifying? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #16
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it easy to win matches in challenger qualifying?

I've played five Futures over the past 3 years and it's been a great experience, especially the ones I played while traveling. It's a great opportunity to meet people, see places you'd never see, take some time off regular life, etc.

It's all about the mindset you have when playing. If you go out there to have an experience, have fun and you are passionnate about the sport and know your abilities, you'll enjoy every minute of it. If you have intentions of creating a career, that's where things can get trickier.

You can see my profile here: http://www.itftennis.com/ProCircuit/...erID=100073585

I'm pretty happy with my results, especially the non-clay ones The easy loss in Rochester was probably my worst match ever, while the one in Italy was an amazing experience against a local player, with a big crowd, incredible courts and club. Was going away on a trip around Italy and just decided to sign in!

The three indoors hard matches I did much better against top 15 national Canadian players: i was a bit unlucky in my draws, especially cause other spots had some beatable players.

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #17
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¤CharlDa¤ View Post
I've played five Futures over the past 3 years and it's been a great experience, especially the ones I played while traveling. It's a great opportunity to meet people, see places you'd never see, take some time off regular life, etc.

It's all about the mindset you have when playing. If you go out there to have an experience, have fun and you are passionnate about the sport and know your abilities, you'll enjoy every minute of it. If you have intentions of creating a career, that's where things can get trickier.

You can see my profile here: http://www.itftennis.com/ProCircuit/...erID=100073585

I'm pretty happy with my results, especially the non-clay ones The easy loss in Rochester was probably my worst match ever, while the one in Italy was an amazing experience against a local player, with a big crowd, incredible courts and club. Was going away on a trip around Italy and just decided to sign in!

The three indoors hard matches I did much better against top 15 national Canadian players: i was a bit unlucky in my draws, especially cause other spots had some beatable players.
Thank you for sharing thats awesome.

BTW I love your name
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #18
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, it's a bit intense and is totally typical of my generation in Quebec
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #19
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Quote:

Sounds brilliant! Nice matches you played too I'm a bit confused about the whole sign-in thing! Don't you have a deadline to enter a tournament through the ITF?
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #20
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

I think the best thing to do is to get your IPIN and do everything online. You can sign in to as many tournaments as you want, and deadlines are on the Thursday 3 weeks in advance (for example, you can still sign in for tournaments on Oct 8th until tomorrow).

Once you are signed in a tournament, they annonce a list 2 weeks before the tournament. You most likely will be in the alternate list, or if lucky, already in qualifying.

WATCH OUT: if you are in qualifying and don't plan on playing, you have to withdraw before the freeze-deadline (one week) or else you will get fined. Even if you are in the alternate list and don't plan on playing, withdraw also, because you never know if you'll squeeze in qualifying a few days before (happened to me once, went from 105th alternate to qualifying without knowing, had to pay 100$ for not showing up).

If you are in the alternate list and wish to play the tournament, then just stay in there, hope for some withdrawals before the freeze deadline (always a ton) and see where you end up on the list. Once your name appears once on the qualifying list, you are SURE of getting in, which is always fun to know. If you are still in the alternates after the freeze deadline, you can still show up at the sign in (Fridays before qualies usually) and hope that some players don't show up!

Hope that wasn't too confusing
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #21
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

Just wanted to add that you can also just show up on the Friday at the sign in without having signed up through the ITF before. You will automatically be put in the alternate list. Chances are smaller for you to get in if the qualy draw is full, but a lot of tournaments don't have full qualy draws
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #22
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of playing doubles at a 10k with my friend but I gave up because I didn't wanna embarrass myself
Also, you need to pay some fee to be able to play, and that fee is for sure much more than I will earn
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #23
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

That's the case in every tournament though: even local tournaments you have to pay to play them!
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #24
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

How much is the fee?
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(7): Sofia TOC 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
TT GOAT Armada, Inger67 & SAISAI-GOAT, Shenzhen AO WC Playoff 2014
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #25
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

It's around 55$ for the IPIN (valid for a year) and 40$ for one tournament. Really isn't that expensive, cheaper than the local provincial/state tournaments here in Canada!
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #26
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

It will be different in UK... I assume.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #27
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

It shouldn't be actually. IPIN is the same price everywhere and so is entrey fee!
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #28
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

good treath maybe we can create one to the people post her past tennis profesional results..
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #29
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of

Quote:
It shouldn't be actually. IPIN is the same price everywhere and so is entrey fee!
Yes it's $55 for all potential players to have IPIN, and then the local entry fee per tournament. Can't wait to get double bageled frst round I can be the next Brie Whitehead
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote