Maria's 2013 Schedule - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #16
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's 2013 Schedule

Misleading title, at least you could have add a question mark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamserenavenus View Post
Here is my view of Maria Sharapova's 2013 schedule.

Brisbane International
Australian Open
Dubai Tennis Championships
Indian Wells Tennis Championships
Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Family Circle Cup, Charleston
Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart

Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open
Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
French Open
Aegon Classic, Birmingham
Wimbledon
Bank Of The West Classic, Stanford
Roger's Cup, Toronto
Cincinnati Open
US Open
Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo
China Open, Beijing
Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul

What are your views and thoughts on Maria's 2013 schedule
Thats 19 tournaments. No way she'll commit to that many, let alone play.
Since she can miss one Premier-5, Dubai is unlikely, especially if she plays FED Cup.
Also, the bolded 5 optional tournaments probably a bit much, Brisbane is no question as she wants a warm up before AO.
Playing both Charleston and Stuttgart is very redundant. One of them is more than enough. IMO she should not play any of that, a long clay season would drain her too much before Wimbledon once again. It depends on whats more important to her. And of course depends on her AO/IW/Miami too.
Birmingham... unlikely she'll ever play again, mostly because Claypova needs rest.

So, without Dubai, Charleston and Birmingham it would be 16 tournaments. Of course it is very possible she'll have more official commitments but then withdraws, just like she had Charleston this year.
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #17
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

IMO:

Brisbane
Aussie Open
(I can't see her playing in Dubai)
Indian Wells
Miami
Stuttgart
Madrid
Rome
French oOpen
Wimby
Toronto
Cincy
USO
Tokyo
Beijing
WTA Champs

That sounds about right. 15 tournaments is perfect.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #18
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope she sticks to her clay schedule that she had this year to next year as well cause it really worked.

And I really hope she plays Dubai. She used to do so well there.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #19
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerSlamPova View Post
yes, pity, Masha couldn't play the USO from 2007-2009.
Missing the US Open in 2010 was also extremely sad. She had a shot at going all the way had she played

I'm also curious as to whether she'll play Stuttgart again. I think she should because Stuttgart is basically tailor made for Claypova, but she was also pretty worn out mentally by Wimbledon. It's a catch-22.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 04:53 AM   #20
country flag Shivank17

Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute Shivank17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Missing the US Open in 2010 was also extremely sad. She had a shot at going all the way had she played

Yes, and then she had to miss USO 2011 too. I think she had a great chance there, making the finals of the last slam and then winning Cincinnati but well, at least after winning the title in 2006 she made a good return in 2012 with a semis.

Career Grand Slam + Silver Medalist.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Twitter: @Shivank17
Shivank17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #21
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long and Hard View Post
I just hope she sticks to her clay schedule that she had this year to next year as well cause it really worked.

And I really hope she plays Dubai. She used to do so well there.
She played Dubai just once in her career but yeah she reached the final.
It's a shame she never played this tournament a lil more I know injuries/fed cup/ fucked her schedule over those last years but still, she can play really well on those courts I want her to play in Dubai/Doha a lil more.

As for clay season, she should stick to this year I agree and maybe skip Madrid who is completely useless.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #22
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Long clay season next year too please! That's her best chance of winning titles these days! Skip Cincy, play Toronto and Dubai!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #23
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Sounds good to me. I expect she will skip a few though depending on the slams. Would love her to play Birmingham next year. I used to love seeing her at that tournament. But i will understand if she doesn't play in that one.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #24
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareerSlamPova View Post
Yes, and then she had to miss USO 2011 too. I think she had a great chance there, making the finals of the last slam and then winning Cincinnati but well, at least after winning the title in 2006 she made a good return in 2012 with a semis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Look at you guys

Am I the only one who still hope that she'd consider playing Birmingham, after her win in RG 2013? (Who else is there? ) She doesn't even have to win it, just want some decent grass prep for Wimbledon. Her real grass game showed in the Olympics this year, too bad it had taken the whole of Wimbledon to make the transition.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #25
country flag AlissonValerio

AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light AlissonValerio is a glorious beacon of light

I would love if she play Fed Cup, Russia needs her.
AlissonValerio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #26
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane
Australian Open
Doha
Indian Wells
Miami
Stuttgart
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Toronto
Cincinatti
US Open
Tokyo
YEC
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #27
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Guys Doha is the P5 next year. Maria hasn't lost a match there so I imagine she'll play. I think she didn't go this year because it she didn't get as good an off season as she wanted with the ankle.
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #28
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Maria should schedule every clay court tournament she can. She and clay are one now. She bathes in clay. She is breathtaking on clay. She can still actually beat Sam and Vika on the dirt, so embrace it.

Stupid hard courts and grass. Who needs 'em.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #29
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Maria likes playing in Birmingham, but it costs her a lot of money.
Unfortunately the new tax laws made it difficult to play there.
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #30
country flag ziros

ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold ziros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamserenavenus View Post
Here is my view of Maria Sharapova's 2013 schedule.

Brisbane International
Australian Open
Dubai Tennis Championships
Indian Wells Tennis Championships
Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Family Circle Cup, Charleston
Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart
Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open
Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
French Open
Aegon Classic, Birmingham
Wimbledon