Off-Topic - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #691
country flag Pvt. Kovalenko

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of
Re: Off-Topic

Play Qualies

Since when she don't play in a Qualifier? 2001?

A Russian reporter said on Twitter, that her season was ended, already after the Olympics. Seeing the situation now, that seems to be true, even with her name, in some entry lists..

It's soon to imagining her, playing Qualies. She will fall considerably, but we don't know if will reach that point..

Await and hope for the best.. It's everything we can do now..

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Sorana Cirstea / Petra Kvitova

Anastasia Myskina / Maria Sharapova / Elena Dementieva
Pvt. Kovalenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #692
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomareva View Post
Well, after she was not on the EL for Kremlin cup, I feared a bit she would not play anymore this season. What I don't understand though is she was on the EL's for the US open series and had to pull out because of an infection, and mis the US Open. She was on EL's after the US Open, so her intention was still to play, I guess. But anyhow, like you all say, it is probably for the best. Her main goal was to go to the Olympics, and she did that, probably at any cause. She played with injuries while she should not and that may lead to her early end of the season. Long way now to the beginning of 2013 to see Vera play again. Her ranking will be crap and because she did not have a 6 month injury break, she cannot use any PR's, so she even might have to play some qualies next year. I hope despite that, she will be motivated as hell, than I can see her returning to the level we are used to from her. Still hope to hear from her soon how she feels.
I can almost guarantee that Vera will get all the wilscards she wants, including Australian Open. She may already have appearance fee contracts with places like Pattaya.

In New York there was speculations about Vera, some say she'll be fine, some say she needs an operation like Sharapova. But the one that I fear the most, and heard a few times, is that she might announce retirement at the Kremlin Cup. Unfortunately neither Vera nor IMG are really talkative.

I choose to believe that we will see her up and running when we get to Melbourne, ... I'll certainly be there. And I expect to see a Vera fit and fired up to prove a point.
TheFramer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #693
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFramer View Post
I can almost guarantee that Vera will get all the wilscards she wants, including Australian Open. She may already have appearance fee contracts with places like Pattaya.

In New York there was speculations about Vera, some say she'll be fine, some say she needs an operation like Sharapova. But the one that I fear the most, and heard a few times, is that she might announce retirement at the Kremlin Cup. Unfortunately neither Vera nor IMG are really talkative.

I choose to believe that we will see her up and running when we get to Melbourne, ... I'll certainly be there. And I expect to see a Vera fit and fired up to prove a point.
Wow, i most certainly hope Vera doesn't retire from tennis yet, id think she still has at least 2 or 3 more good years left in her if she's healthy & fit. Though whatever she feels is best for herself and decides to do, ill support her regardless. Hopefully she'll let us fans know what's going on real soon (and ill be really hoping it's not a retirement announcement)....
NoExit is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #694
country flag lizziewtafan

lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light lizziewtafan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Can she choose a protected raking?
lizziewtafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #695
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

Vote on Bepa, please!

http://www.wtaangels.blogspot.com.br/
Laura Pigossi || Vivian Segnini

Daszmarelli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #696
country flag Daszmarelli

Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute Daszmarelli has a reputation beyond repute

Can she use SR?

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #697
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Quote:

Well, I remember we discussed this earlier this year, and I believe Vera will retire one day at the Kremlin cup, but as a player. As she is not on the EL, I don't want to believe it is this year. Having said that, if surgery would be necessary still like Sharapova had, I can imagine at her age, she does not want that anymore. Who knows, we'll next month what happens. At the moment I will go for 2013 as a new start as well, And of course, wild cards can be granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziewtafan View Post
Can she choose a protected raking?
I don't believe she can as for PR, you are eligable when you are out at least 6 months due to injury. Vera's last match was end of July in London, so only if she would still be out by end of January, she could get PR.

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Good luck to all russian and dutch players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #698
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daszmarelli View Post
And done.
NoExit is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #699

Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of Pvt. Kovalenko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, I remember we discussed this earlier this year, and I believe Vera will retire one day at the Kremlin cup, but as a player. As she is not on the EL, I don't want to believe it is this year.
I agree with this. I don't believe much, in the idea of her stopping the tournament to do this.. But in something more like Dementieva did..

Quote:
...if surgery would be necessary still like Sharapova had, I can imagine at her age, she does not want that anymore. Who knows, we'll next month what happens....
We don't know how serious is the injury, but if is the same as Maria had, then

Also, there's nothing in the Russian media about this. Only what we know: she's out of the rest of the season, to solve her health issues..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daszmarelli View Post
Done!!

Svetlana Kuznetsova / Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Maria Kirilenko / Valeria Savinykh

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #700
country flag Daszmarelli

She already won a Tier I tournament what can ensure to her unlimited WC for the any tournament.

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #701
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

No news for a long time and off season to come. On the provisional WTA ranking TBE has on this forum, Vera is to be nr. 94 after the YEC. It can still change a bit because other players will drop/rise for their ITF point they loose/collect, but that will be pretty much Vera's year end ranking .

Savinykh - Kirilenko - Sharapova - Buchina - Diatchenko - Kleybanova - Panova - Solovieva
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #702

I saw the prevision too

Considering the year, ending 2012 inside the Top 100, will be a bless.. The radio silence sucks.. No good news, but no bad news either..

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #703
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

It is hard to take,along with some on GM writing her off for good as if she is 86yrs old with arthritis in all joints
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #704
country flag Phenomareva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
It is hard to take,along with some on GM writing her off for good as if she is 86yrs old with arthritis in all joints
Well, that's what fans write when their faves never match or top Vera's achievements. Reaching no. 2 in the world and reaching 2 consecutive Slam finals does make people jealous . But on the other hand, all Vera can do is prove them wrong, and she only can do better. We'll see what 2013 brings for Vera.

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM   #705
country flag Phenomareva

In this off season slump and no news around Vera, maybe some of you would like this. The annual 'hottest' players of the year contest is going on and now can be voted on a group with Vera in it. Here is the link and feel free to vote .

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470647