Anett Kontaveit - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #1246
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
In the end of the article there's a line:

(Translation:
Urszula Radwańska, Martina Hingis, Boris Becker and Roger Federer also got to the US Open junior's final, but lost.)

Really? I didn't know she was so well known here all of a sudden to bring her as an example, especially amongst those other names
Yeah that was really random

Btw, it seems to me that Estonian media is hyping Anett a bit too much using the words like "wunderkind" etc. Also not a single news site mentioned her losses in Asia
I guess that's the problem of a small country - we have don't have that many world-class athletes and so as soon as someone young and promising appears and starts producing decent results, then they are hyped to the extreme.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1247
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Yeah that was really random

Btw, it seems to me that Estonian media is hyping Anett a bit too much using the words like "wunderkind" etc. Also not a single news site mentioned her losses in Asia
I guess that's the problem of a small country - we have don't have that many world-class athletes and so as soon as someone young and promising appears and starts producing decent results, then they are hyped to the extreme.
There are always articles about her on ERR
Anyway, I hope she takes it as a good thing... No tournaments this week, but maybe the next week
Article on Sam Crawford on the WTA
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201209...256076_2918315
It could have been Anett
Anyway, I am going away so I will be posting less, but that will please many of you
I get to go on tour like Anett now that holiday tournaments have begun

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.

Last edited by chingching : Sep 14th, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #1248
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Also not a single news site mentioned her losses in Asia
Not only losses in Asia.

I can´t decide, if they are clueless and only republish stuff that tennis federation sends to them or they indeed try to "protect" her wunderkind image.

This wunderkind talk started as soon she won Estonian Championships for the first time. Luckily, Anett and her team are ignoring this.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #1249
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Yet another "great" draw for Anett:

(1)Tadeja Majeric (SLO) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
Marina Shamayko (RUS) v (wc)Daria Prytkova (RUS)
Polina Vinogradova (RUS) v (Q)Emiliya Gadzhieva (RUS)
(6)Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) v (Q)Yulia Kulikova (RUS)
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1250
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Talented juniors really shouldn't lose to journeywomen. Even though Majeric has found some form lately.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #1251
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Oh, boy, but she got some bad luck lately.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #1252
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, top seed

But Anett is in good form and I believe she will win
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1253
country flag muusa

Anett defeated Majeric 75 60. Well done!
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1254
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Wow. She bageled the world number 228 I hope she keeps this rhythm against weaker opponents.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1255
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Great Anett
After the first, she obviously gained confidence and ran away with it
I really hope she can go deep here, and she really has the draw too
Sorry for being kinda inactive, but I am in Europe and this was the first time I could get to the computer
The Estonians are doing really well lately

Quote:
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #1256
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good win. She was down with a break in the first set but managed to broke back and since then she improved her game and the result was NID
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #1257
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
That's a good win. She was down with a break in the first set but managed to broke back and since then she improved her game and the result was NID
Will there be livescores or stream for this tournament???
The youtube channel juniortennis.ru has somne hoighlights of various Russian 25K Finals so hopefully Anett gets a mention

Quote:
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #1258
country flag Tennisfan06

I don't know if there is a stream or livescore. Anett tells us in facebook how she played
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1259
country flag muusa

It's great that Anett gives us some updates through Facebook. There doesn't seem to be any sort of livescore unfortunately.

Btw, what kind of tournaments are you playing, Chingching?
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #1260
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

i wrote an article on anett recently. there's nothing in it that fans don't already know, but i thought i'd post a link here and people who want to can have a look at it. also, the website is pretty cool if you're into challengers and lesser-known players.

http://www.tennisalternative.com/ane...a--rn1679.html

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote